So I recently sold a complete set of Toynami Robotech MPC's on ebay and they were stolen in the mail. The serial numbers are as follows.

Rick Hunter-1467

Ben Dixon-145

Roy Fokker-3964

Max Jenius-6584

Miriya Jenius-3989

Jack Archer-4680

If you see any of these up for auction or sold anywhere please let me know so that I may report this to the proper authorities.

Holy crap, how did they get stolen? Did someone swipe them from the mail truck? Sorry to hear that I hope you find them. did the USPS tell you or was it the buyer?

Edited by Murphy

It sounds like BS to me too except that this originated at USPS when the package quit being tracked. However the buyer (who I won't name yet) hasn't asked where his toys or money is yet. No communication AT ALL since they paid me. One package got there, but I don't remember which toy it was. It might have been the Max. However the other 5 were in a box together and wrapped to the point that they could survive a nuclear holocaust with the cockroaches. I'm a little stressed out about this right now because I now I have quite a bit of money I can't do anything with until this is resolved.

The contact at USPS said to give her another week to keep looking but I'm not optimistic.

Yeah the tracking quit after it left the sort facility in Denver.

Have you talked to the buyer yet? There could be a possibility of another USPS fail, like maybe the customer got it but the tracking never updated?

Have you talked to the buyer yet? There could be a possibility of another USPS fail, like maybe the customer got it but the tracking never updated?

I've sent them messeges every step of the way and not a single reply. Since USPS doesn't have a clue and the buyer won't talk to me how long do I wait with the money so they can't come back on me and demand a refund or some other negative action? I'm not trying to rip people off, I sold these to pay bills in the first place, I just don't want to be out $500 and SIX Valks even if they are MPC's.

45 days. According to eBay's rules, buyers have 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim. I spoke to a friend who always sells stuff on eBay and she said that in cases where the USPS has lost her merchandise, eBay withdrew the money from her account to reimburse the buyer, and then left her to file a claim with the USPS. She's always been reimursed by the USPS, but it's usually taken about 3 months for the USPS to cut her a check.

Just curious, but how long has it been since your tracking number's last update? I recently sold something on eBay and it took the USPS over a week to even make a single update to the tracking info. By the time they did, the buyer had already received the item.

Sorry, I skimmed thru the thread, maybe I missed it. Did the buyer contact you to say that they never got it and then ceased communications?

I've sent 7+ messeges updating them on what I've accomplished. I haven't gotten a messeges from them since the day they paid for the items. I've even contacted ebay on the matter and they said just give it time.

45 days. According to eBay's rules, buyers have 45 days from the date of payment to file a claim. I spoke to a friend who always sells stuff on eBay and she said that in cases where the USPS has lost her merchandise, eBay withdrew the money from her account to reimburse the buyer, and then left her to file a claim with the USPS. She's always been reimursed by the USPS, but it's usually taken about 3 months for the USPS to cut her a check.

Just curious, but how long has it been since your tracking number's last update? I recently sold something on eBay and it took the USPS over a week to even make a single update to the tracking info. By the time they did, the buyer had already received the item.

It last tracked on Aug 25th.

You need to file a claim with USPS for a refund on your money. I hope you had it insured or it was covered with the shipping option.

Then they will track it due to the claim.

Also, if the BUYER did not flat out say never receiving it, he may have gotten it and is playing off the fact that you have no further tracking to hold payment. I mean seriously, how hard is it for someone to email or come onto the forum to screaming at you for not sending them their stuff?

Sounds fishy all over to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you've sent sufficient emails to the buyer. As it's been about 36 days, just keep in contact with USPS. It sounds like they need to do their part on their end to either update that the package was shipped, or investigate if it is indeed, missing. I bet the guy received them, but is somehow trying to screw you over. You should be able to take the money out in about 9 or 10 days it seems.

Yup 10 more days. Funny thing is, the only reason I sold the toys were to make up for lost wages while my wife was out of work. Instead this has taken so long that I made up that money working overtime. So once all this is said and done, I'm gonna buy me some Macross toys.

So once all this is said and done, I'm gonna buy me some Macross toys models.

There, I fixed that for you. whistling.gif

There, I fixed that for you. whistling.gif

I'm definitely more of a toy guy. The models I build only when the haven't made a toy of it.

Its strange they have 100% positive feedback too, usually a rat smells like a rat, to lots of people.

I feel for you on this - hope its resolved soon...

It will be on the 10th when the money is mine free and clear. It just pisses me off because all it would take is a simple email to remedy the situation. I really think they were hoping I'd send the money back and still have the toys.

The guy probably has buyer's remorse (he took a look at his buddies Yamato collection)...but there is nothing he can do about it, you held up your end of the transaction....thus his only way to vent is the childish silent treatment........case closed!

Moral of this sad story...always provide tracking and insurance on everything you sell even if it ends up coming out of your own pocket...it's the only way to be sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88Z7YOh_us

Edited by jvmacross

The guy probably has buyer's remorse (he took a look at his buddies Yamato collection)...but there is nothing he can do about it, you held up your end of the transaction....thus his only way to vent is the childish silent treatment........case closed!

Moral of this sad story...always provide tracking and insurance on everything you sell even if it ends up coming out of your own pocket...it's the only way to be sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88Z7YOh_us

What an appropriate clip.

• 2 weeks later...

So D-Day has come and gone and still, I have heard nothing. Not even a feedback. Thanks for all the useless additional stress that came from this. This guy is on my eternal poop list.

I don't get what's going on here. The guy paid and never complained or contacted you? According to your post, the last time he contacted you was when he paid. IS there something missing from this info?

Was it reported missing from the USPS and they contacted you?

I don't get what's going on here. The guy paid and never complained or contacted you? According to your post, the last time he contacted you was when he paid. IS there something missing from this info?

Was it reported missing from the USPS and they contacted you?

It's honestly quite retarded. USPS didn't track the package. It showed 1 of the 2 packages did arrive. I tried to get a hold of the buyer and they never responded. I've been waiting the 45 days for them to finally contact me and ask for a refund. I screwed up and never insured them. I can only assume they did get it. All I needed from them was a simple yes or no as to whether or not they received their goods so I could pay the bills I needed to pay with this money. They just held everything up and it pissed me off because I thought I was out a full set of RT MPC's and $500.