Nippon Yasan question

DarkHawk

Hey Everyone!?!?!?! Beause of the Bandai Macross fiasco, I am not able to acquire a VF-25G through normal channels, HLJ, BBTS. I have read that more and more MW members are utilizing Nippon-Yasan. My question is, how are they in terms of business practices? I went to their website and I was not able to find a section that has comments from shoppers. Also have the people on the MW board who have ordered the "limited" Macross items from Bandai received the items from nippon yasan in a reasonale time frame? Thanks for the repsones in advance.

So far they seem on the "up and up" so to speak. They are a little more pricey but not too bad. My first purchase with them is comming up...the 25G. Hopefully they will send the pre-order payment request soon (they say around 3 weeks before release) as that would put the release at the end of the month.

Also have the 29 anniversary, 171 fast pack, and VF-4 on pre order with them. So far others have said they came through with the 171 so the next big test for them will be the 25G so I guess we shall see.

Chris

Nippon Yasan is excellent... buy with confidence! lol... they'll even accomodate you by honoring your preorder even if you need to delay payment for it for a bit. Their prices do generally go up bit by bit after initial preorders are done, but they always manage to fulfill all the orders they take unlike some other online stores.

Edited by ultraman zoffy

It's worth a shot...maybe. We'll all see though. I have a preorder with them as a safety net but I already secured one with a proxy buyer.

I'm a little concerned they didn't ask for (required) funds up front but maybe my concern was all for naught. :)

I paid my proxy in full and they're gonna get me the shipping costs when the time comes.

Edited by xrentonx

If you're not too concerned about getting the best bargain prices, then NY is one of the best shops online.

Their customer service always responds within 24 hours in my experience and they have perfect understanding of English. They also ship quickly, usually within a day or two of the item being available/released.

Lastly, they are probably one of the few hassle-free shops for Macross merchandise because they don't have short pre-order windows, can get exclusive/limited items, and have not failed to fulfill an order so far to my knowledge. All that more than justifies the higher, but still reasonable, price tag.

I like them. Good communication and service. I paid for both VF-171 and super pack at once for pre-order, not having read their policy that they'll combine shipping for pre-orders unless otherwise specified (my fault). I actually wanted my 171 shipped right away, and the super pack sent when it became available. They responded to my emails in a day at most, and the extra shipping charge for having two separate packages was only like $12 (!!).

I've ordered from them twice and have no complaints. They have beenexcellent so far. As others have mentioned, their prices can be high, but they are likely your best source for securing limited items.

I still have several items on preorder through them and recently requested that they cancel several of my preorders. They did so within 24 hours(actually much less than that).

I also like the little handwritten thank you note inside the box! Bah, it's not a big deal, but in all seriousness, I haven't had any problems with them so far. As others have said, they've lived up to every order so far, even for the VF-171.

I wouldn't worry about getting your order...

I've ordered my VF 25 Super packs, Armor packs, YF-29 reissue, VF-171 EX all without any problems. I have the VF-25G, VF-4G and VF-171EX armor parts still on pre order with them. Although I would like the lower prices of HLJ, amiami etc, I can't wait in front of my computer for that small pre order window to open. I still have a job that needs my attention. c",)

I bought my YF-29 Alto and VF-25S Ozma from Nippon Yasan without any issues. They're definitely not the cheapest source, but their slightly (sometimes much) higher prices are probably the reason they have any in stock to begin with. Regardless, Nippon Yasan is still generally cheaper than eBay or any of the other resellers.

My one (and so far only) experience with them was with the VF-171. The fact that they were able to get me one after release when nobody else could is enough for me to give them all my business. I found the variety of shipping options they offer very nice. I also felt their shipping costs were pretty reasonable. My package was well packed and got to me pretty quickly even though I only sprang for registered airmail. As of right now, I only have a pre-order for the 171 armor parts, but I plan on ordering anything else that catches my eye from them.

I think a lot of us were introduced to them via the VF-171. And we were all impressed how quickly/easily they pulled it off. I'm waiting on my VF-25G, 171 Armor Parts and a VF-4 from them still and if/when Bandai gets around to a RVF-25 or 171 I'm sure they will be my shop as well.

Edited by Mommar

Nippon Yasan is dependable for getting you your items, however keep in mind about a couple of things with them. I ordered 2 items on separate occasions requesting a pristine condition withing their stock.

One time I ordered a Sayonara Tsubasa bluray box set from them - The box was opened (bluray sleeve was reversed) and the the spine of the box was cracked. Not too pleased.

Another time i ordered a PVC figure and the box was also damaged.

Both items were adequately packaged so I believe it was damaged prior to shipping.

Further note, when you place an available item on order it will literally take around a 7-10 days before they process and start shipping. So a little on the slow side on their processing and shipping procedure.

In the end, if you don't mind waiting and your not a collector who cares about MISB conditioned items then they are not too shabby. However if you do care about receiving them in pristine condition you just might want to pass since the price your paying should warrant a flawless item delivered quickly to your door in a timely manner.

I love the praise everyone is giving NY nowadays seeing as how I was hammered for sticking up for them a little while ago by people who insisted on "sticking to their principles" waiting for the 25G pre-order through HLJ and Ami Ami. Good customer service and reliability always rises to the top though... :)

I don't care how great their customer service or reliability is. No one who sells a PRE-ORDER item @ $75-$100 above retail is going to get my business. No matter how badly I want the item. I understand it's their prerogative and their in business to make money. I just don't respect it nor will I support it. I’m pretty sure people that hammered you had similar opinions.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Nippon Yasan is dependable for getting you your items, however keep in mind about a couple of things with them. I ordered 2 items on separate occasions requesting a pristine condition withing their stock.

One time I ordered a Sayonara Tsubasa bluray box set from them - The box was opened (bluray sleeve was reversed) and the the spine of the box was cracked. Not too pleased.

Another time i ordered a PVC figure and the box was also damaged.

Both items were adequately packaged so I believe it was damaged prior to shipping.

Further note, when you place an available item on order it will literally take around a 7-10 days before they process and start shipping. So a little on the slow side on their processing and shipping procedure.

In the end, if you don't mind waiting and your not a collector who cares about MISB conditioned items then they are not too shabby. However if you do care about receiving them in pristine condition you just might want to pass since the price your paying should warrant a flawless item delivered quickly to your door in a timely manner.

I have also received damaged product boxes from Amiami with perfect packing, which makes me think thy damaged it before shipping. I have placed a few orders with NY of in stock items and it took a total of 3-4 days to arrive to me using EMS, processing was the same day.

I don't care how great their customer service or reliability is. No one who sells a PRE-ORDER item @ $75-$100 above retail is going to get my business. No matter how badly I want the item. I understand it's their prerogative and their in business to make money. I just don't respect it nor will I support it. I’m pretty sure people that hammered you had similar opinions.

Ultimately this is a supply and demand issue and if there is a finger to point it would be pointed at Bandai.

The only reason why some of these stores even have the pre-order still available is due to the high mark up. If it wasn't for the mark up - I seriously doubt anyone would bother mentioning these smaller online stores in this thread.

Ultimately this is a supply and demand issue and if there is a finger to point it would be pointed at Bandai.

The only reason why some of these stores even have the pre-order still available is due to the high mark up. If it wasn't for the mark up - I seriously doubt anyone would bother mentioning these smaller online stores in this thread.

Completely agree. But, I respected HLJ and AmiAmi more for sticking to retail price despite the high demand. Marking an item up is scalping IMO. But usually, that's after the item has been released and sold out.

I think a lot of us were introduced to them via the VF-171. And we were all impressed how quickly/easily they pulled it off. I'm waiting on my VF-25G, 171 Armor Parts and a VF-4 from them still and if/when Bandai gets around to a RVF-25 or 171 I'm sure they will be my shop as well.

I started buying from them before the VF-171 –my first purchase was the SP set for VF-25F IIRC. By that time they only had around six Macross products in total. Just a few months later they have 57, including some stuff you won’t easily find elsewhere. I’ve never paid scalper’s prices although it’s probably because I haven’t bought any Bandai’s VF.

I bought an Alto YF-29 from them, and it was a good experience. What I'm curious about is people who've bought things from them that have come defective. How are they at replacing the whole item or getting parts a la the Yamato exploding shoulders?

My vf-171ex came from them missing a chest cannon. They will only replace it if i ship it back to them which will cost me $90(my post office's fault, not their's) for some reason. It's hardly worth paying another $90 to get a replacement or my money back. I'm probably going to have to throw it on ebay and hope to try and recoup some of my money lost on it. Sucks.

HLJ has retail listed for the VF-25G at $170 and change before shipping. I locked in my pre-order at Nippon Yasan at $192 before shipping. $12 and a full night's sleep every night since. Their pre-orders don't start out at $75-100 above msrp, they apparently get there gradually as pre-orders get harder to come by for retailers. But, whatever, happy hammering to you... more stock for everyone else. ;)

HLJ has retail listed for the VF-25G at $170 and change before shipping. I locked in my pre-order at Nippon Yasan at $192 before shipping. $12 and a full night's sleep every night since. Their pre-orders don't start out at $75-100 above msrp, they apparently get there gradually as pre-orders get harder to come by for retailers. But, whatever, happy hammering to you... more stock for everyone else. ;)

Hate to quote myself but...

Nippon shot their price up to $202. That's $67 more then AmiAmi. I'll wait.

That was back during the first day of pre-orders. And I did end up scoring a pre-order for retail price from another online store that didn't feel the need to scalp. So I'm sleeping pretty well myself...especially with an extra $67 to put toward something else ;)

I will add, that Nippon doesn't always jack up prices. And they are reliable, and I am not saying they are a bad place. I have several things on pre-order through them that are pretty close to HLJ's prices.

It's good to see you're open to using them and acknowledge that they aren't scalping their items across the board. They seem to operate on an "act now or pay later" type system, but ultimately whatever they're doing seems to work reliability wise. When it comes to Bandai Macross products, you can never have enough potential retail sources...

My vf-171ex came from them missing a chest cannon. They will only replace it if i ship it back to them which will cost me $90(my post office's fault, not their's) for some reason. It's hardly worth paying another $90 to get a replacement or my money back. I'm probably going to have to throw it on ebay and hope to try and recoup some of my money lost on it. Sucks.

Thanks for posting your experience. That's exactly what I was looking for. Most stories I've seen about HLJ say that they easily replace damaged parts. That's just so important for me especially at this price