• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this movie last night.  I'll say it is simultaneously my favorite super-hero movie, as well as one of the saddest movies I've ever experienced.  I was truly depressed leaving the theater.  And how long has this movie been showing?  The theater was packed for this...

Edited by myk

I dunno about that much, but it is a good movie. That ending was all sorts of cheese, though, and kind of took me out of the movie.

Laura calling him "Daddy" was way out of left field considering who they are and how they'd interacted with each other up to that point. Then she and the others give him a cairn burial and put in the cross, and she deliberately changes it to an X. That level of cheese was duuuumb.

First Class is still a better overall X-Men movie, but this is as good as a Wolverine movie was ever going to get, I think. I'm glad they decided to get rid of the baggage of all the other movies, too. The relationship between Logan and Charles got a bit too real for me at times, made me honest to god tear up at one point.

9 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Just saw it with my wife. We both agree that it's the best of the Wolverine films by far. 

Was just discussing with a coworker that the Wolverine films improved dramatically with each sequel. I can't think of any trilogy that is like that. Closest is LOTR but they're all equally great IMHO. Typically its the the third film that is weakest in a trilogy.

34 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Was just discussing with a coworker that the Wolverine films improved dramatically with each sequel. I can't think of any trilogy that is like that. Closest is LOTR but they're all equally great IMHO. Typically its the the third film that is weakest in a trilogy.

What about Toy Story? 

7 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

What about Toy Story? 

I dunno, I think that one peaks at 2 like most trilogies do.

Maybe the Star Wars prequels? But I like Phantom Menace more than Attack of the Clones, and even if Revenge of the Sith is the best, it's still not good...

My wife and I still enjoy all X-Men movies.  B))

Still waiting to see what is the release date of the blu-ray.  Hopefully before June.

IMG_2616.thumb.JPG.76bf1762d71eb0437930e81988d91a08.JPG

IMG_2801.PNG.c34a10c8a3200544eaf232a87f4a3073.PNG

Bought these shirts during a recent sale.

Edited by sh9000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...