any games like DYRL on the JPN PSN for download?

metal-siren

I have a JPN PSN account (for example I am playing Miku Vita right now) and I cant find ANY macross game on the PSN.

I heard that the PS1 game was able to be bought but I cant find it anywhere, when I search for macross (in japanese that is)... I get the PV for the hybrid pack and a few other things (like the plane skin for another game) but I dont get anything for macross

not the new PS1 game that was a dowload in the hybrid pack... and not even some of the PSP stuff...

any ideas

I really want to get the PS1 game, but hell I will take anything I can get digitally.

P.S. New to the board so sorry if I am not following protocol or anything.

I think for the time being, you had to of purchased the Limited Edition box set which gave you a redeemable code that downloads the PS1 game. I did hear that the game was suppose to be out for the JPN PSN market, but there hasn't been anything yet. Look at the Limited Edition threads in the Macross section, or My Boyfriend is a Pilot here in the game section and bone up. Sadly, there's a lot of info to go thru.

But from the sounds of it, you wanna play the old DYRL side scroller you're gonna have to spend 150+ to get it. You're almost better off just buying the game and a swap disc if you got an old PS1 like me, loved the game.

I have a JPN PSN account (for example I am playing Miku Vita right now) and I cant find ANY macross game on the PSN.

I heard that the PS1 game was able to be bought but I cant find it anywhere, when I search for macross (in japanese that is)... I get the PV for the hybrid pack and a few other things (like the plane skin for another game) but I dont get anything for macross

not the new PS1 game that was a dowload in the hybrid pack... and not even some of the PSP stuff...

any ideas

I really want to get the PS1 game, but hell I will take anything I can get digitally.

P.S. New to the board so sorry if I am not following protocol or anything.

Aha, you wouldn't have read that recent article on Kotaku by any chance? I sent a correction in regarding the availability of DYRL on PSN but I don't know if they fixed that error or not.

The thing that many people don't seem to realize is that Bandai is very touchy about their earlier generation licensed anime games being available digitally. That's why the only thing in that genre that they really have on PSN is super robot wars. Could be the typical publisher resistance to going digital or could be rights/licensing related. Either way, the only way you can play a Macross game as a general rule is to buy a physical copy. But hey at least you get cool packaging and all that stuff!

As for DYRL, the only two things I can suggest are either picking up the limited edition BD box or else look around online to see if anyone is willing to sell their download code.

EDIT: oh and welcome to the boards! \(^o^)/

Edited by Tochiro