Yamato VE-1 Elintseeker reissue

Lupin The Third

Well, sad to say, I tested my VT-1's packs on my VF-1D, and they don't really fit or stay on at all. You can fit the leg packs, obviously, but the backpack doesn't line up.

The boosters can slide on without any trouble, but there's nothing to hold them on, since they need that extra backpack piece to clip onto. While you can put the backpack piece on, attaching the boosters to it means you have to pull up the backpack to the angle the VT-1's normally sits at, which doesn't work with the VF-1D's tails folded over.

Now, whether the VE-1's boosters are any different I don't know, but I would assume they use the same type of backpack clip, or some other similar method to attach to the other backpack type, without having the tails folded.

Haha, thanks for checking Chrono... I actually checked the other day too just before reading your post, and figured I could just switch the 1D backpack out entirely for the VT-1 pack so that the boosters would work.. or I might just stick my 1D's head onto the VT-1... so many ways to be ghetto about it, I need to just pick an option. lol

Oh that's true, you could always just mix and match the components. I'm personally a fan of the VF-1D head on the VT-1. ^_^

In fact, I might mix and match things a bit more than that.. I wish I could get a set of regular fast packs like the VE-1's in orange.. then I could slap them on the VT-1, throw on the VF-1D head, and outfit it with a pair of strike cannons, or missile launchers.

Grr, now I'm wishing they would issue a tan/orange set of strike packs for the VT-1/VF-1D. :lol:

Oh that's true, you could always just mix and match the components. I'm personally a fan of the VF-1D head on the VT-1. ^_^

In fact, I might mix and match things a bit more than that.. I wish I could get a set of regular fast packs like the VE-1's in orange.. then I could slap them on the VT-1, throw on the VF-1D head, and outfit it with a pair of strike cannons, or missile launchers.

Grr, now I'm wishing they would issue a tan/orange set of strike packs for the VT-1/VF-1D. :lol:

I pre-ordered an extra set just to make that color scheme a reality... ;)

What are you talking about?

post-12283-0-19039100-1346714948_thumb.jpg

Seen that picture before, but it's like a car with giant storage compartment cases mounted on each side of the vehicle. You'd have to tilt your storage case in order to open the doors for entrance. Again, we don't need logic in anime, it drools with its own anime magic.

Really lagging behind in Yamato release news.

Is the VT-1 Super Ostrich already reissued yet? Last I heard, the Anniversary DYRL VF-1S Roy and Hikaru were the latest releases, after the VF-1D with the option parts.

I've been waiting for a reissued VT-1 with non-exploding hinges for a while now.

you could just seek out an older one and buy my shapeways hinges :3 *nudge nudge*

Believe me, I'd love to do just that. Problem is, shipping from the US to Malaysia is sure to be brutal, even for small items like those hinges. The same thing's prevented me from getting those awesome 1/60 scale fig sets and option parts from EXO, and that Thunder Hummer (Hammer?) set.

Worse still, I can't spare a single cent right now. HT's 1/6 scale Tumbler's already been released, and I've better have the cash ready for my pre-order.

That's why I was hoping for a pre-order for that VT-1, so I can order it in advance and buy it much later.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am tore about this. I already have the last ve-1 with the rainbow canopy. Besides the option parts and the coolness factor of having two, is there any other reason to get this one as well? Any additional detail? Different paint?

The coolness factor of having two is enough ;)

So I am tore about this. I already have the last ve-1 with the rainbow canopy. Besides the option parts and the coolness factor of having two, is there any other reason to get this one as well? Any additional detail? Different paint?

You can leave off the radar packs, put the missiles on and have your own valk with Mav and Goose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope that's not the case, since I was hoping to officially call my VF-1 collection "done" this month. :lol:

I got my VT-1 pretty early, and it's still one of my favorites. I forget why I convinced myself not to get the VE-1 at the same time (think they were both on sale at the time), but I'm glad I can rectify that decision now.

I just hope they go and revisit the other hard-to-find ones, especially the M&Ms and Virgin Road. I'm ok with missing the VR though, since it's just a 1D with Max's J scheme.

I think they've covered just about every single canon scheme short of the Alaska Base VF-1 at this point, so I wonder if they'll start branching into some of the non-canon stuff soon.