Yamato VE-1 Elintseeker reissue

Lupin The Third

Definitely had the same trouble with my elbows. I initially thought they were glued in position by accident, and one of them wasn't even fully straightened out for fighter mode, so it didn't fit right. I disassembled things, and took the arms off so I could work them back and forth without stressing the joint to the backplate.

I tend to keep things in fighter mode anyway, so it's not a big deal for me. Could be indicative of tolerancing issues showing up from the molds wearing out though.

Just opened mine.

I could not be more happy with it.

Definitely had the same trouble with my elbows. I initially thought they were glued in position by accident, and one of them wasn't even fully straightened out for fighter mode, so it didn't fit right. I disassembled things, and took the arms off so I could work them back and forth without stressing the joint to the backplate.

Mine suffered the exact same symptoms. Though mine it wont be transformed to battroid.

Also noticed that the color of the helmet of the pilots is now yellow, not the blueish color of the box.

Edited by Froy

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure to rock it in the correct direction. The tabs that hold the arm pieces on have an angled edge on one side of the arm, to let the armor slip past them. Should be on the inside of the arms in fighter mode, where a gunpod would usually mount. I think it's the side of the arm without screws.

If you rock the armor towards the side with screws, it should come loose without too much trouble. If it still seems stuck though, you could try to gently lift the attachments with something like a toothpick.

WHEW! The Satellite mounted forearm attachment was a total bitch - i scratched it up trying to stick something into the gap to leverage the tabs, but its not too noticeable. I gambled and pulled harder and it finally came out. Truly terrifying, i was sure i snapped one of those clip on points, but turns out its ok.

The other side that looks like a cannon popped out much more easily.

Thanks.

What I ended up doing was filing the tabs in the arms so that it formed more of a slope so that the arm attachments could be pulled off more easily. They still stay on just fine, but I don't need to worry about scratching up the finish or stressing the plastic trying to take it off.

Good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing around with some of my leftover spare parts and decided to set up my VE-1 as a long range recon ship. Used the external fuel tanks from a VF-0 and some of many micro-missile launchers that I have lying around. I think it looks pretty good.

20121222_124149_zpsea981ca9.jpg

20121222_124212_zpsbbb09179.jpg

Started playing around with some of my leftover spare parts and decided to set up my VE-1 as a long range recon ship. Used the external fuel tanks from a VF-0 and some of many micro-missile launchers that I have lying around. I think it looks pretty good.

If I didn't have to save up for the inevitable VT-1, I'd have pulled the trigger on the VE-1. That is one gorgeous machine.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted on this site in ages ... got sucked back into Macross the last few months by buying the Frontier VF-25 Michal re-issue and the v2 1/60 Elintseeker. The latter arrived in the mail last week. Played around with it tonight and I am having some difficulty detaching the arm fast packs. I worry about breaking off the clips. Any tips?

Thanks in advance,

What I did was use an xacto knife to pry and lift one side off the peg and then pull and twist it off. Then I just filed the pegs on both sides of the arms down to be more like a steep ramp so that for all subsequent times, it would be much easier to take off while still able to hold the arm packs on with no looseness (about as well as the normal super packs which I have no trouble taking on and off compared to these).

Thanks for the suggestion MacrossJunkie ... although I am not really that good at customizing/modifications. I was hoping for a more subtle solution.

You could try Chronocidal's suggestion up higher. Quoted for your convenience:

Make sure to rock it in the correct direction. The tabs that hold the arm pieces on have an angled edge on one side of the arm, to let the armor slip past them. Should be on the inside of the arms in fighter mode, where a gunpod would usually mount. I think it's the side of the arm without screws.

If you rock the armor towards the side with screws, it should come loose without too much trouble. If it still seems stuck though, you could try to gently lift the attachments with something like a toothpick.

• 3 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice! If I had 2 I would have one without the armor and label the back seat "Goose" and the front seat "Maverick"

how bout ice and slider :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Crap that means I have to have 3 Elintseekers :)

Hollywood and Wolfman can be the third! "Great Balls of Fire!"