Yamato VE-1 Elintseeker reissue

Lupin The Third

Not sure, unless the old box had the rainbow canopy on it. Only difference I see is the 30th anniversary banner across one corner.

Opened mine up and fiddled with it a bit, but had to do some simple work on it unfortunately. Nothing broken, just needs some tweaking. The elbow joints on mine are so tight they're nearly frozen. The secondary notched hinge works fine, it's the main first hinge that's stuck, and I might have to pop the glue to file down the pieces later if working them back and forth over time isn't enough. In the process of taking the arms off though, the pin holding in the hip swing-bar fell out. It was really loose for some reason. I just gave it some minimal knurling with a pliers, so that's fixed.

All in all though, glad to finally be able to check this one off the list. I'd forgotten how crazy Yamato went with the tampos on this release.. they pretty much printed half the decals directly onto it. Makes me sad they didn't do that for more of them, but it's beautiful. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Hey thanx Dark_Ghost, beautiful photo,s BTW.

I wish yamato would do DYRL fixed posed hands -"fisted", how cool would that look!!!

I'm a little tired of seeing the trigger finger + salute fixed hands with DYRL, come on yamato step it up.

Hey thanx Dark_Ghost, beautiful photo,s BTW.

I wish yamato would do DYRL fixed posed hands -"fisted", how cool would that look!!!

I'm a little tired of seeing the trigger finger + salute fixed hands with DYRL, come on yamato step it up.

You mean like the ones that come with the GBP set? The "clobbering fists"??

These?

IMG_20121118_124553.jpg

Edited by vt102

I've seen those, you do very good work!

You know, I think Ideally it'd be awesome to see quality fixed pose hands available for all of the valks that don't currently have any but the DYRL type VF-1s are probably the most glaringly obviously in need since it seems like everyone's got at least one of them and the extra hands they included are so specialize, they really only look good in maybe one or two poses.

You mean like the ones that come with the GBP set? The "clobbering fists"??

These?

IMG_20121118_124553.jpg

Yes those "clobbering fists", that come with most TV VF,s , would be overwhelmingly cool to see those in a DYRL version!!!!

Kurisama , if you have the time and skills, I,d buy a few sets!!!!

Holy crap, dude! Have you ever been tested, because I'm reasonably certain you might actually be made of magic. Just tossing that out there, might wanna look into that.

Seriously though, these look amazing! Definitely going to buy a set for my Hikaru 1A the second I get the chance to!

Fisted and dynamic hands!!!!!

You've just upped the posing options of a standard 1/60 DYRL!!!!

Those fisted looked better than I imagined.

You are too cool Kurisama, thank-you very much for helping out the macross fan!!!!!!!

No worries fellas! Enjoy.

Hope they are not rejected during printing - but I was careful not to go close to the minimum tolerances, so all should be good.

Was thinking of making those carts that hold/load the gunpods too - thoughts?

Anyways, can't wait to get my VE-1!

Great job, Kurisama.

I just got my VE-1 today and thought it was strange choice that it came with fixed pose hands that were meant for holding and supporting a gunpod despite the fact that it doesn't come with one nor is supposed to be equipped with one anyway. Yours would be far more useful.

Overall, the VE-1 looks great. I'm pleased that Yamato managed to get a lot more tampo printing on this than any of the previous releases I've gotten thus far. Particularly on the legs.