So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

I wish all Yamatos work was as detailed as some of Hasegawas/Bandais. I recently compared the 1/60 VF-0S to Hasegawas 1/72 version, and the difference is quite big.

I hope the VF-4G is a start of them paying more attention to the finish on their figures, because that's basically the only one I can think of that looks less like a toy and more like an actual Valkyrie.

Edited by Courfid

I wish Yamato could get the rights to make Macross the Ride valks, then maybe they could poop out a YF-25 prophecy, it would also be cool if they continue with the VF-X nd VF-X2 line I would love to have a Ravens squadron.

Edited by Murphy

• 1 month later...

Mr. K personally wants to redo the ones made before he came on board. Also he wants to try SV-51 (his first product) one more time. Also if chances are given, he wants to do the ones never made before (VF-0D, VF-9, VF-14, Battle7 and Variable Gra..etc..)

About user request. The most wanted are Macross-F items, but other company is making good products (Bandai), so maybe later if timing is right.

And YF-19! He wants to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

Please keep loving Macross!!~

I was just re-reading this. Battle 7 is a cool idea but... SDFM version of SDF-1 first.

Mac 7 version of VF-14 I'd buy. The M3 version I wouldn't do.

Does Yamato have the licence for M3? We know they've got the licence to do 7, obviously, so maybe we can hope there's higher chances for that version. I have to agree, I much prefer the simpler SR-71 look of the M7 version to the over-greebled M3 version myself.

The VF-2SS!! That will be my last holy grail-money-is-no-object item... although I don't think Mr. K designed that, so maybe he won't want Yamato to produce it.

Mr. K is the head guy at Yamato, not Kawamori.

Oh, I thought it was Kawamori - thanks for clearing that up... maybe there is the slightest thin glimmer of hope afterall...

Something tells me that if the VF-4G box comes with a teaser about a possible Christmas 2013 exclusive, this thread will dry up pretty soon! :-P

What do you know? Do tell!