Someone had to start this thread, and October is coming.

Let's fire!

Link to Tochiro's updated news on the front page

http://www.macrosswo...l-site-is-live/

Info in short

90 minutes theatrical feature to hit the cinemas on October 20

Macross 7 TV series remastered+edited material along with new Macross F animation

Directed by Tetsuro Amino

cast.jpg

Edited by azrael

Just to clarify, this is a theatrical movie made up of remastered footage from the Mac 7 series along with new footage from Frontier era?

So it seems. It is set in 2059 BEFORE the end of Macross F.

Maybe (this is just speculation) some M7 footage will be edited with new animations and maybe some M7 characters will make an appearance in 2059 (again, just wishful thinking).

More info as they come.

MF Characters confirmed are Ozma (obviously), Ranka & Sheryl, Bobby, Canaria, Luca, Michael and Klan

Edited by nexxstrait

According to this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-08/macross-fb-7-hybrid-rock-anime-project-outlined

Ozma meets a new kind of life-form that "shares visual memories of a certain other colonization fleet"..., so following to what we saw in FB2012, the M 7 footage provably won't be anything new.

I still hope to see some M 7 characters in 2059

And about minmay...., she should be what? 66?? not sure if I want to see that :D

Sivil was my first guess too. Then Ozma could go all fanboy & Michel could try to get in her tight pants.

Or, could be Gavil... Actually Gavil/Bobby could be kinda funny!

Maybe the Sheryl as Basara figure is tied into this...

(null)

No new M7 footage? That was the one thing I was looking forward to about this. :(

Yeah, me too. And remastered or not, that 7 footage wont look great on a the big screen - especially intercut with the more modern digitally painted/CG new Frontier footage.

IMO it's going to come down to the balance and mix. If we are looking at, say, 80mins of recut M7 footage with 10 mins of new Frontier footage to bookend it I wont be impressed. On the other hand, if they make a decent amount of new Frontier footage and actually make the encounter that they have with this mysterious alien lifeform interesting - and then tie things up in such a way that we actually learn something new, I think Ill be satisfied.

Personally, I'm more disappointed at how the reuse of M7 footage means we probably wont get any new Firebomber songs (maybe they'll slice in some from re:Fire?) and they will have missed the opportunity for some awesome crossover/mash up music potential :-(

Also, I like how on the MW front page story, the "Yahoo News" hyperlink takes you to a Hotmail login page. :p

Weird! Well, I WAS multitasking at work when I put that up ;-) Fixed!

It's a shame that we will not seeing new M7 stuff, I hoped they showed some "live" action of the Re.Fire songs such as Magic Rhapsody and Dangan Soul, I love that album!

And I wonder how an adult Mylene would look :wub:

"Tetsuro Amino, the director of the original Macross 7 anime, is writing and directing the new project at Satelight with assistant director Takao Abo (Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Macross Frontier) and animation director Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic! franchise). Character designers Risa Ebata and Yûichi Takahashi are returning from Macross Frontier for the new work."

ANN

Is tetsuro amino had the skills? ....i doubt it...((((;゚Д゚)))))))

In my opinion...macross 7 is directed poorly..by him...

I hope his directing and writing skills already leveled up by by now..

I dont want to see sheryl say "ore no uta wo kikeeeee!" to some big monster and got her ass kicked like basara... (T ^ T)

But i really love to see basara and sheryl nome duet "angel voice"

Wuooooooo wuoooo woooouuu

Edited by moncikoma

I really hope we do get some new Macross 7 footage and get to see what the characters look like now. It would be great to see what Gamlin, Mylene and Basara are up to now.

I wonder what Gamlin is flying these days, still the black VF-22S, or something more modern? Or perhaps he's in comand of a ship by now.

Perhaps, we'll see Ozma piloting a YF-29 in his color scheme from the PS3 game.

Graham

In my opinion...macross 7 is directed poorly..by him...

I hope his directing and writing skills already leveled up by by now..

IMO, in all but animation quality, Macross 7 > Macross Frontier.

Graham

Basara can go soak his head. I just want more Ozma! You hear that, Macross dudes? Make it happen, ya bastards < :angry:>

(ninja edit: these smilies suck and have no character)

Edited by xrentonx