Etern'l D's 1/48 pre-posed hands? Anyone want?

EXO

OK... After my sad foray into trying to make 1/48 articulated hands. I know a lot of people were waiting to replace their chicken hands. While looking thru my parts that I need to clean up for recasting. I found the masters for Etern'l D's custom hands he used to sell that he gave to me. I called him to see if I can offer these and he gave me the green light.

I'm just wondering if there's enough people that may want these. I know Old Man wanted some a while back.

post-151-0-75289600-1344309121.jpg

If we can get the whole run done, which is 25 sets we can go $15. But if we can get at least 15 sets and if people still want it it'll be $20. I'm actually gonna put myself down for 5 sets...

- What is the economic of scale to get it down to US$10?

- Can I only buy the finger-triggering right hand and the left fist? (How many of you share the same thought?)

- Is the Articulated DYRL Hands Project still in process?

Edited by ff95gj

- What is the economic of scale to get it down to US$10?

That's a good question. That's not really a choice. After 25 pulls, the mold is pretty much burnt out and you start all over. Clean the masters and redo the mold. You can try and push it and try to get 28 pulls or something but the quality will have degraded. The recaster, at over 20 pulls is taking chances of operating at a loss. If the mold burns out before the 25 then they have to make a new mold to fill the order, if they need to make that many sets. Depending on how many orders you have over 25, it might be worth pouring that extra pour. But if you have a substantial amount more, then you might as well make the new mold, so you don't waste resin. Hope that answers your question

- Can I only buy the finger-triggering right hand and the left fist? (How many of you share the same thought?)

It's not really worth it again, that's why most small items come in sets. The less material, the harder it is to measure the liquids per volume. The material is far more forgivable if you have to pour a cup each if your a few drops off. The less material then each drop starts to matter as to whether or not the material will fully cure. Also you have to think about the time people put into these things. Most artist charge per time more than material. Is it worth for the recaster to pour one or two spots on a mold, wait for it to cure and then pour the same spots again? Basically its the same amount of action for half the pay.

- Is the Articulated DYRL Hands Project still in process?

I know it works, I've tested it thoroughly and I have a lot of left hands made that I checked to make sure it's printable and the quality is good. Unfortunately, as soon as I was done, Shapeways changed their policies and the quality dropped. The last sample I got was horrible and the other items people bought weren't like the ones I tested. I'm going to wait for what new material they might add and see if they're good enough, but as of now I think I'm ready to deal with their inconsistencies. Otherwise I would have kept these items in my store and I wouldn't be offering these recasts that I've put up recently.

Maybe if we ask Exo really nice, we can agree to a swap of different hands between different peoples sets before they ship.

Sure, if you guys can arrange an even exchange among yourselves then I'll be glad to accommodate. Looks like we are about at the 15 set mark... not bad for a couple of hours.

That's a good question. That's not really a choice. After 25 pulls, the mold is pretty much burnt out and you start all over. Clean the masters and redo the mold. You can try and push it and try to get 28 pulls or something but the quality will have degraded. The recaster, at over 20 pulls is taking chances of operating at a loss. If the mold burns out before the 25 then they have to make a new mold to fill the order, if they need to make that many sets. Depending on how many orders you have over 25, it might be worth pouring that extra pour. But if you have a substantial amount more, then you might as well make the new mold, so you don't waste resin. Hope that answers your question

Not going to mention names, but I wish someone would have told the guy on here that made me a set of Low vis version 1 scheme TV hands, neck cover and side covers.

Here is the link to the album if you want to see more horror LOL: http://s999.photobuc...poor%20casting/

There was no way I was putting that garbage on my Valk.

Still pisses me off to this day..... I would rather he tell me he could not do the job.

Is there any way we can get these pre-colored? I only need 1x set, but to replace the Low Vis chicken hands.

Edited by Loop

Yikes!

I hope you got your money back. Those are unacceptable.

Nah, was too angry to deal with it and let it go. Not only that, said person tends to be really slow getting anything done so I said F it "It's just money"

Edited by Loop

Yeah. I have a feeling I know who sent you those. That's just sad. I wish people would speak up so other people would know what to expect from that guy.

There's a way to get consistent color. When I did the Mospeada saddle bags, you can interchange any piece with any set from the same mold and you couldn't tell the difference. Unfortunately my recaster right now doesn't want to deal with colors, especially with all the projects I just threw on him.

I'm not really sure how many colors would be needed for side covers and hands but if you want me to prep/paint them I'll do it for $10 a set.

Can I delete those images off my thread? I don't want people to think it was mine. Also recasting Yamato and other people's parts without consent is bannable here on MW.

I've gotten complaints about this guy and some sets that cost over $300 also he was offering up other people's kits.

EDIT: oops I just remembered that the side covers I'm offering are 1/60... lol. Hold on a bit, I don't want to inundate my recast guy with too much work. When were done with most of the run I'll see how many people want 1/48 side covers.

The reason parts like that are crappy is because the mold has been sitting around for so long and they figure, I've only pulled 20 out of this and I can do 5 more. But after a while some molds start to degrade and harden. The funny thing is, THEY can see how crappy the results are but they send it out anyway, because they only charged $10 or something for them. And they figure, they can't complain about $10 right? Which is true. It's a waste of time to call and call for that money but in the mean time he's already doing it to someone else.

I took th picture earlier when I was thinking, what did I get myself into? The parts look clean but there's pinholes and old mold release residue. I washed the parts and filled in the holes and yeah they look good enough to cast, but tomorrow I'll be laying on some primer to make sure it's supersmooth. Then on Thursday I deliver it to the recaster.

When the parts that will be painted come back to me, I'm going to wash those, fill in the pinholes and sand down any imperfections. Prime. Sand again, prime and then paint them. And then a ton of clear coat. It's a lot of work but I feel better when I hear back from people when they get their parts.

The rocket launcher tube is green because the master was damaged. That's an extra that I had that I've cleaned up.

post-151-0-12773600-1344403296_thumb.jpg

Yeah. I have a feeling I know who sent you those. That's just sad. I wish people would speak up so other people would know what to expect from that guy.

There's a way to get consistent color. When I did the Mospeada saddle bags, you can interchange any piece with any set from the same mold and you couldn't tell the difference. Unfortunately my recaster right now doesn't want to deal with colors, especially with all the projects I just threw on him.

I'm not really sure how many colors would be needed for side covers and hands but if you want me to prep/paint them I'll do it for $10 a set.

Can I delete those images off my thread? I don't want people to think it was mine. Also recasting Yamato and other people's parts without consent is bannable here on MW.

I've gotten complaints about this guy and some sets that cost over $300 also he was offering up other people's kits.

EDIT: oops I just remembered that the side covers I'm offering are 1/60... lol. Hold on a bit, I don't want to inundate my recast guy with too much work. When were done with most of the run I'll see how many people want 1/48 side covers.

Edited the post to remove the image bro! Just to clarify to the boards The bad work I posted was not >EXO<'s work.

Yeah I really should have spoken up, but the thread was already gone when I was looking for it again. I guess I should not have assumed that the Admin or Mods deleted it.

Not going to mention names, but I wish someone would have told the guy on here that made me a set of Low vis version 1 scheme TV hands, neck cover and side covers.

Here is the link to the album if you want to see more horror LOL: http://s999.photobuc...poor%20casting/

There was no way I was putting that garbage on my Valk.

Still pisses me off to this day..... I would rather he tell me he could not do the job.

Is there any way we can get these pre-colored? I only need 1x set, but to replace the Low Vis chicken hands.

Man thats horrible looking...

Wow, the parts that Loop got are horrible. I don't even see how you can sell those with any pride of workmanship.

In comparison, Exo's recaster does great work and I have a set from EternalD's original run. The sculpt is great and looks much better than the chicken hands.

I'll take a set or two dependng on how much it will cost to ship to canada.

I think to ship to canada with the side covers you want is still under $5. The thing I can't stand is that tracking ends at our borders. :(

I'll double check once I PM you.