Repaint of an Older Armored Yamato 1/60 VF-1J

Project YF-67

Hey Guys,

This is a repaint i did of a 1/60 Yamato Fully armored VF-1J. I think it was a first generation version. heavy on the die cast. Since i have a pretty good collection of newer Vf-1's. Id figure i would permanently keep this one as armored. So i Glued and filled the seams and scraped up some old decals from some 1/72 hasegawa kits for detail. Figure courtesy of Cobyone.

Thanks

post-14583-0-25054000-1343807300_thumb.jpg

post-14583-0-44383100-1343807354_thumb.jpg

post-14583-0-14563400-1343807390_thumb.jpg

post-14583-0-82138100-1343807497_thumb.jpg

post-14583-0-05115300-1343807538_thumb.jpg

DarrinG is right - right on! I think you got the right colors and weathering on that. The fact that the proportions are spot on help too (except those tiny hands :rolleyes: ). It looks great overall. Make sure you case that thing to protect it from "real" wear and tear! - MT

That turned out excellent! I really like the color scheme with the greay accented valk and the orange/yellow accented armor. They complement each other nicely You should be able to find some of the older 1/60s on sale from time to time for reasonable prices. I encourage you to do more. We deserve to see more of your great work!!! :lol:

Thanks every one. The Paint scheme was based on one that i saw in the VF-1 Master file. Page 31. Mech Tech, your very right about those hands. Ive been wanting to mold and cast some of the movie version hands to replace the ones on this one. I started sculpting different versions as well, but haven't had a chance to get ahead on them

Damn, that thing is bad-ass. If I had the toys/skills/time/patience I'd have attempted a pair of 1J/1A's from the Operation Bullseye entry a few pages farther in the Master File book on 41 and top of 43... or I suppose top and bottom of 47 as well.