My Boyfriends a Pilot 2012

Tochiro

Are you able to make it to the Boss Battle with full HP and full SP? When I beat that level I just went right after Hikaru because if you wait to long you just get bombarded from all angles so you have to get rid of him first. Before you launch your Special Attack on Hikaru, make sure you're in range to do damage or else you're just going to waste it. Before you use the second Special, use your guns and missiles to make sure you're in range. You might also want to try to attack Hikaru first with guns and missiles and use the Special Attack's invincibility when you start taking major damage. I haven't tried this strategy but maybe you can use the Special Attacks on one of the ships first since they are a guaranteed hit unlike trying to get Hikaru who is a moving target.

I haven't been able to get to Hikaru with full HP and SP. I'm having a hard time with the first part without taking some damage. I did it once and immediately the large ship spawned on top of me pinning me then it zapped me with a blue laser and took all my HP. I swear I have played this single level at least 10 hours and still can't get a consistent run. What does the special do when your VF turns green for a second? I also can't figure out how to switch missile types. Not sure any of that matters, but even if I use no specials until the end, I only seem to have 2.

Switch missile type by holding L1 and Square. You need to equip the missile type that doesn't lock-on. The only weapons I used are the missiles, guns and Special Attacks. Make sure when you're attacking the ships you're not too high above it so the blue beam doesn't get you. If you're taking damage and you purge your Strike Pack, then the game will be a little harder. Your ammo will be lower and the reload time will increase. Your Special takes 3 out of 6 bars to use, so you will only have 2 if you use it back to back until it refills. Just concentrate on being consistent on the first wave where you have to take out Max and Miria. Remember don't use the lock-on missiles and stay at maximum range. It should take just over 2 mins to take them both out so keep time management in mind. If you lose your Strike Pack, then restart or just play out the level to practice. When I beat the level I did it without trying too hard, so try to relax and get in the right frame of mind and try not to force anything.

Thanks. I have been using the lock on missiles and tried for several minutes last night to try and figure out how to switch over. I had done it accidentally at some point, otherwise I wouldn't have known I had an option.

So I know that one special is the missile barrage, but I still can't figure out what the other (x and o) does. My VF has a green spot on it for a second, but otherwise I don't see any results. What is that supposed to do? Is there a way to use it efficiently?

Who did you select for your support character? I'm not really sure what the other characters do, but I know Minmay increase your HP incrementally and Kakizaki will give you a HP refill but if you keep using it the effects seem to lessen. I'm sure the other characters probably will give you some kind of stat boost like more damage, faster reload or speed boost, but I'm not sure what character does what. I usually just used Minmay for support, but I never had to use her for the last level because if you lose your Strike pack you're pretty much screwed unless you've already taken out Hikaru in the boss battle.

It'd be cool to see this game in person, but just looking at some of the screen shots, I can't help but think the city scenes look a little....off. The ground has no texture whatsoever (no rise for the sidewalks, just flat with the street) and the streets are as wides as football fields. No traffic, no people, no mail boxes, no street lights, no debris. Just a conveniently abandoned city, completely sterile of baddies and friendlies, flat as a pool table with a few boxes on top for buildings. Valks look good though.

They need a budget like for C.O.D.or G.O.W. to make this game awesome, but all they got was enough to make a 3d Pac Man.

Thanks for your help. I finally got it last night . Since I could never get past the first part with full power, I wound up doing it with Max's VF. I used Minmay as support. For the first part, I held down thrust and missiles the whole time (which occasionally led to Minmay singing) and just went after them hard. I eventually got past them with about 8:45 on the clock leaving a little left on my fast pack. I used my fast pack until I eventually lost it. I then just kept using Minmay to keep my HP up. When Hikaru came, I charged him straight on with missiles then when he got close I did Max's VF special and grabbed Hikaru and beat him down a bit. I missed him on my second special but had enough time to work him down with regular missiles. I had about 2:30 on the clock to take down the final ships. I was so nervous after taking out Hikaru that my hands were all numb and shaky during the final two ships. I kept thinking I was going to blow it. I know for a fact that I tried that mission at least a hundred times (about 15 hours). Now that I know how to do it, I'm sure I could do it again. Just took a long time to find the right combination of factors that suited me.

I think I am going to try for S on every level, but doubt I will try for SS. I still haven't gotten one other than the ultimate levels.

I am thinking about going back to try for ultimate and S on the previous Macross Frontier game. Do you have to finish all the ultimates first, or can I just get the S level trophy without playing ultimate? I'm pretty sure I can get S, but not sure about ultimate. I'm not going to spend another 15 hrs on a single level again! :)

Edited by jimbo913

Anyone with the limited edition have a clue what the second code in the boxset is? The one with the VF in the background? I go to the website where it tells me to put it in but I don't know what it is. For one thing I keep inputting it wrong.

Here is a image of it:

It's for the Android phone game.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36654&hl=dena&fromsearch=1

I have no clue. But it works. And to be honest, that PSX DYRL is CRAZY FUN.

Was that a definite maybe? This was posted to answer my question but it really didn't. Can someone help? The question was, once I create a Japanese PS account is there anything Macross to download? This excludes DLC for disc-based games that are useless without the disc.

Was that a definite maybe? This was posted to answer my question but it really didn't. Can someone help? The question was, once I create a Japanese PS account is there anything Macross to download? This excludes DLC for disc-based games that are useless without the disc.

I can't read japanese, so i have no clue on how to navigate the PSN store or determine if there is more Macross content on Japanese PSN. Most likely not, since i'm sure we would have heard of it by now. Also it appears most people on this board favor XBL over PSN so definate answers will be probably be limited.

There is no other Macross content on PSN that I know of, other than the promotional MP4 video (free download) for the DYRL Bluray.

And DYRL is downloadable only if you have the code, you cannot actually get it any other way from PSN.

And this thread is about the 3D My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012 game...

To quote myself from another thread in the games forum:

The thing that many people don't seem to realize is that Bandai is very touchy about their earlier generation licensed anime games being available digitally. That's why the only thing in that genre that they really have on PSN is super robot wars. Could be the typical publisher resistance to going digital or could be rights/licensing related. Either way, the only way you can play a Macross game as a general rule is to buy a physical copy. But hey at least you get cool packaging and all that stuff!

As Renato said, there is nothing on PSN Macross-related other than the the free BD commercial. Most Macross series are also available to rent from the PSN JP vid store in SD and at ridiculous prices. That's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't read japanese, but does anyone know what menu/section changes the gerwalk mode controls from normal to inverted? Is that even possible?

Basically I want the gerwalk to move like the fighter, so stick down = valk nose up and stick up = valk nose down.

Thanks.

Why jealousy? I mean if you got the Frontier deal then it isn't hard to get this. Hell might even be cheaper.

Honestly, if the game was a separate disc I'd of sold it. I feel very disappointed by it, and I think it's cause it feels bland and unexciting and just an overly graphic PSP rendition. Would of liked so much more.

• 6 months later...

Is the bluray movie able to be subtitled in english or any english audio?

Also how do you do the custom soundtrack? Do the audio tracks already have to be on the ps3 and drag them across?

If you complete the entire game (including ultimate mode) is there any extras? (complete all missions on S or SS?)

And cannon fodder to answer your question I got more missions (had to scroll to the right) but I scored pretty highly on all of mine so not sure if you need a certain ranking to get there

• 3 months later...

OK I was able to at least S and SS'd all of the stages except all the UL levels which are all SS.

I give up. Either you are really good at playing this or really really lucky to get SS on all the stages.

Could someone Please, help me get the other trophies?

I lack the 6th and 7th trophies and the 10th and 11th trophies (I think you get the 10th and 11th when you SS all the original and alternate levels which I don't care about anymore).

How do you get 6th and 7th trophies? Please help! Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 8/27/2012 at 8:21 PM, Renato said:

I don't think there is one for this game, but there is an English guide that came out a few years ago for Macross Ace Frontier which is basically the same thing.

http://www.gamefaqs....tier/faqs/54833

There may be a couple of changes to the controls (I think the Triangle button is now "brake" in Fighter) but all of these games -- Ace Frontier, Ultimate Frontier, Triangle Frontier, Trial Frontier, Last Frontier and now My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012 -- pretty much handle identically. Knock yourself out.

EDIT --

OK, forget that. I found this, the Macross Triangle Frontier guide for PSP:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/614495-macross-triangle-frontier/faqs/61883

This is much more useful because the controls are closer to what they are in the PS3 games. Just refer to that one and you should be OK.

I just started playing this game (PS3 Macross My Boyfriend's a Pilot) and felt a bit lost with the controls.  This board and the GAMEFAQS you listed above were very helpful.  Thank you all!

If you have a PS3 (Sony PlayStation 3), you can import this game and play it.  The PS3 is region-free, so it will play games form other countries.

I found a used copy on ebay for $40 shipped.  Just sharing the love.  This is one of the most fun Macross/Robotech games I've played.  Looks nice too.  Cheers!

PS3 Macross Do You Remember Love Hybrid Pack Regular Edition Blu-Ray

I was considering on getting this after I played Macross 30. I just want to know how long the game is and what can you say about the replay value? Thanks! ^_^ 

And yeah, I have to agree with Mazinger on hoping that they will port some of the Macross games for PS4. And regarding PS5? Man, I would really hate if I found out that's probably one of the reasons why FFVII Remake is still not done. :(

In regards to length, there are 7 missions that span across various parts from the DYRL movie.  These missions start on normal, once completed you can play them on hard and I believe there is an ultimate difficulty after that.  So, 7 missions that you play 3 times each.  The goal being to get an SS rank to unlock various VFs, paint schemes and support pilots.  I don't fully understand how to get an SS rank, but I've gotten an S rank on some of the normal missions on my first playthough.

It's not a full game by any means.  7 levels.  It's an add-on to the DYRL movie (which is on the same Blu-Ray disk).  I've gotten my $40 worth already, and plan to try for higher ranks as I understand the controlls better now.  Worth the pick-up if you already have a PS3, IMO.

Edited by spacemanspiff