L.A. DYRL Bluray Screening

Ah weird.

This is what is on there...

post-151-0-58377700-1345097690_thumb.jpg

Also notice that there is a discussion on food and drinks. So if anyone wants to join in, it looks ike we'll be collecting $5 to order pizza and buy some soda and water.

We might need plates and ice. But definitely stuff to put in all those things.

I'm bringing the ThunderHammer custom and I hope to see a couple of 1/24 VF-1S heads there.

Too bad I live all the way up in Seattle and can't make it. I wanted to see the bad ass GOLD visor on that Thunder Hammer in person :p

Edited by Loop

Definitely great times. It's always great to see the boards members, and meet new people with the same interests. It's always awesome when a 28 year old movie still brings all of us together and we can enjoy it as if it just came out. The event worked out perfectly. EXO, where are the pics of the crowd?

Huge crowd!

I look so happy!

Thanks so much for putting this together! It was a great time, and it was awesome getting to meet everybody and put faces to screen-names. Good times!

And for those who were hanging out later on when we were having story time (which we shall not repeat here):

286e986479bf782d3b1aa5c549a741b7.jpg

Edited by danbickell

• 3 weeks later...

I will leave the specifics and details out of any public internet discussion, as wisdom dictates...

However, fear not, Gundam fans. No violence was intentionally visited on this 1/60 Perfect Grade RX-78-2. It was a decade ago, and the mishap was a case of lit candles (not placed by me...) being placed a little too close to the tip of the gun. With amazing timing, the room lit up brightly with the inferno that ensued. It took mere seconds to topple the formerly proud model into the pile of slag that exists today.

It is a testament to how awesome those models are that it held up to the fire as well as it did, and that the end result looks as realistic and purposeful as it does. The outer armor pieces burned away first in some places, exposing the thick skeletal structure underneath. In other places, the innards burned first, and oozed out between the joints in the outer armor. Mostly, it all just fused together, forever holding it's final pose, but in pieces. Sad as it was, it just looked so cool that I had to keep it all these years.

Here's the only picture of it prior to the fire that I managed to find, circa the late 90s when this kit came out:

PG_gundam.jpg

RIP the only Gundam model I ever made. Your amazing posability was a daily source of fun for a few years at least, until your untimely death by candle flame.

The End.

How tall was that thing?

I just got this kit about 1.5 mos. ago, and it's 1/60 scale, which makes it (guessing) about 14 in. tall??? It's huge. Correction, it's about 12.25 in. tall. Still hella big at over a foot tall. Edited by Jasonc