The article seems to neglect Magneto, wether played by Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender. A very powerful and ambiguous character in the movies, brought to live by talented actors.

Magneto is one of the best movie villains taken from the Marvel comics, but "Marvel Studios" doesn't currently have the X-Men property (it's held by 20th Century Fox currently as per licensing way back when the first film was made). So this article was a discussion only of the movie villains found in those films produced by Marvel Studios [iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013) and Thor: The Dark World (2013)].

Edited by Mr March

Wasn’t expecting much but this ended up being one of my favourite not just Marvel movies but comic movies in general. Not even hamfisting the stupid “he is naked lol” gag two times ruined this.

The fight in the city was a blast to see. No need to destroy even a single building for an epic fight.

And Loki, well, he made up for that dark elf guy and more.

BTW, in this video they explain the significance of

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally saw this movie and it was a waste of time and money. Not only does it not come close to the first movie (Kenneth Branagh is sorely missed in the director's chair) but it fails to be anything else but an unimaginative sequel with lots of money injected into the production with zero braincells used in the process... I felt like watching a demo from the SFX teams from Star Trek and LOTR movies merged into one which in a way could be great unless you expected an actual story being told, no trace of that here. While I can't say there was obviously bad acting, I was really let down by the character's writing too. Most of the humor fell flat with only a few successful funny lines in the final battle, but overall much facepalming. The humor in the first movie and the relationship between Hemsworth and Portman was well written and acted. In this sequel the actors are still delivering but the material is so dumbed down an unimaginative. The LOTR piece of war at the beginning felt like a rip off. And minutes after the war is over because Thor wiped out a giant guy ("we should start with the big one next time") you can hear children's laughter... seriously? People tear each other's guts out with swords and axes and the next minutes you get children playing around and laughing among piles of dead bodies?

This movie was irritating at best and nowhere near as harmless as the first one which really says how bad it made me feel watching it. It's been a long time since a Marvel based movie felt this poor (definitely not in need of more money) uninspired and lamely written. Thanks to the high value production it's a big ass show with lots of cool visuals to enjoy if you're into that kind of stuff but story wise it is a complete failure.

I was expecting much better from this sequel and Marvel. It's marked 66% on Rotten Tomatoes so I guess it's not as catastrophic as I felt it was...

Edited by Frogze

• 4 weeks later...