• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol, so cool and I'm not surprised, in the least. I'd say his Loki characer is one of the more interesting and fun to watch of the Marvel characters on the big screen. IMO Loki stole the spotlight in the original Thor movie and was second in the Avengers movie only to RDJ's Stark. This is definitely the succes of a charismatic actor bringing a comic book character to life and yeah, he can dance too...

LOL! Loki Dance Revolution :)

Yeah, Tom Hiddleston's Loki is quickly becoming one of the great cinematic villains of all time. He has that great mix of tragedy, arrogance and dark humor that makes him all at once sympathetic, detestable and entertaining. I hope "The Dark World" is at least as good as the first Thor so I can enjoy the Loki trilogy :)

It would probably help alot if Jane died..thru that dark and heady period Thor could come out the other end with a No. 1 hit single "Jane's dead".

The trailer looks alot better than the first film.

I was supprised at the huge reaction/support/love Tom Hiddleston get's at the comic con panels, the fans love him!!!

Don't get me wrong I think Tom is a good actor...I guess I'm just immune to a foreign accent and it's charm.

But I'm not a big enough fan of Thor to know what Loki is supposed to be as a character.

So I'm just an average movie goer as far as Thor is concerned.

But it seems to me that there are 2 opinions

1.the fans- love Loki and know that Tom Hiddleston plays that character.

2.everyone else-that accented bad guy who was in 2 Marvel movies.

It was interesting to see 2 different reactions from both sides as I had a group of friends at my house watch alot of comic con panels and the room was divided into"Go Tom!!!" and "who..ohh Loki.."

But looking forward to this !!!

Why so much hatred for Jane Foster (Natalie Portman)? I for one am glad that she was in the sequel from beginning to end, contrary to what the trailers had led me to believe. Much better film than the first one and very entertaining. I will leave it to Duke Togo and others to point out the plot holes / flaws, but I myself am satisfied.

Hang on, Kat Dennings is in this film and people want Natalie Portmans character to die??? WTF??

I can't even process the rest of your sentence after your mentioning of Kat Dennings...

I can't even process the rest of your sentence after your mentioning of Kat Dennings...

You've obviously never heard what happens when she opens her mouth. The horror outweighs any other "assets" she has.....

(and besides, there are no "assets" of hers on display in this film anyway")

You've obviously never heard what happens when she opens her mouth. The horror outweighs any other "assets" she has.....

(and besides, there are no "assets" of hers on display in this film anyway")

I haven't. Is she a ding-bat? That's COMPLETELY fine with me...

yeah i saw it the other day (im not sure why, but Australia got it a week ago). Big, fun loud action spectacular. The characters are as you expect if u have seen the previous films, but the action is big and a real blast to watch. Not to much in the way of surprises, but still thoroughly enjoyable, and Better than Iron Man 3 (and 2, really)

Much better movie then the first one. There was only one really bad continuity problem (spoiler) but other then that it held together well and the characters were a bit more then just cardboard cutouts. I was entertained the whole way through unlike the first one where I was bored in the first 15 minutes.

Everyone else who grabs Ms Foster in order to take her away gets toasted but Loki did not - even though he was not working in the interest of the elf dude.

Just got back from watching and it was a pretty good film with laughs and action that was sufficiently entertaining for all its faults. Thor: The Dark World has guts for being just balls out crazy, embracing the silliness and the bizarre of the Thor mythos from the Marvel universe. There's plenty of action, lots of humor and the whole cast is written with enough substance so that each character has their moment even if that is only a small one. There are also some serious stakes in this film and the script does a good job of selling the dread and disaster wrought by the movie's simplistic villain. The production design is a lot of fun, from costumes, sets and props to the special effects design for space, ships and weapon effects. This feels like a $100 million movie and can be enjoyed as such. And like all the Marvel films, there are some nice little tips-of-the-hat to the other characters in the larger Marvel universe and a few story links to companion films. The post-credit sequence was also a real treat for comic book fans, especially if you read Silver Surfer in the 1990s.

I did not enjoy Thor: The Dark World as much as a film than the first, but I know that on the internet I'll most certainly be in the minority with that opinion. The first film was just as silly and just as out there as this sequel, but the character stories were far superior in the original. So many have asked me with bewilderment why I preferred that first Thor film over all the other standalone Marvel movies at the time (Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man 3, etc) and the answer is always because of the superior character writing and the emotional currents made great in that film. Shades of those strong character arcs are still here in the sequel, but have mostly been left only to Hemsworth's Thor and Hiddleston's Loki. But as I said, I predict that the action junkie internet crowd will definitely praise this film far and above the first. Mores the pity.

Lastly, I just have to say that I give these Thor films real props for being inclusive with the casting and writing. At the end of the day these are still stories about white guys being awesome, but I love how the Thor films traffic in variety and write their diverse characters with respect. In an industry where women, racial minorites and other marginalized groups are ignored or written as jokes/stereotypes, the Thor films feel quite respectful and progressive. Good on Marvel.