it makes money... and as long as Stan the Man stays with us for cameo's, please more. Battletech as something other than video games remains a pipe dream for me (ive already consider Macross anything, impossible as long as Harmony Gold exists)

Not a very imagivative line of titles though... pretty sure it'll change during production... but why a money sink in November? and only 15-16 months away? im sure it'll be pushed to 2014 Spring...

it makes money... and as long as Stan the Man stays with us for cameo's, please more. Battletech as something other than video games remains a pipe dream for me (ive already consider Macross anything, impossible as long as Harmony Gold exists)

Not a very imagivative line of titles though... pretty sure it'll change during production... but why a money sink in November? and only 15-16 months away? im sure it'll be pushed to 2014 Spring...

Battletech? Everyone knows robotjox was the most awesome live action real robot movie ever made. No one needs another (sarcasm warning)

Anyway, I for one actually enjoyed Thor. Though I didn't really know much about the character before the movie, it succeeded as a fun popcorn flick and I wouldn't mind another. Ant man on the other hand....

Come to think of it, I haven't even watched Avengers yet.

Not missing much. Bad guy appears. Good guys become super best friends. City saved from alien invasion and nuclear bomb. The end.

• 2 weeks later...

From Wiki

Malekith struck an alliance with Loki on behalf of the fire demon Surtur. He took control of a number of Earth humans using special food of the faerie provided by Hela. Malekith then killed Eric Willis, guardian of the Casket of Ancient Winters, after learning its location. As Master of the Hounds, Malekith hunted down Roger Willis, Eric's son and new guardian of the Casket. Malekith battled Thor, and kidnapped Lorelei. Using Lorelei as bait, Malekith forced Thor to battle Algrim the Strong, one of his Dark Elf followers, then attempted to destroy both combatants by plunging them into a pool of magma.

He then captured the Casket of Ancient Winters from Roger Willis. Malekith was ultimately defeated by Thor, but not before he destroyed the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing magical frigid force all over the Earth. Malekith was then brought as a captive by Thor to Asgard.

Malekith later disguised Loki as himself to take his place in the dungeon, while he disguised himself as Balder, who was about to be crowned ruler of Asgard. Kurse, the being formerly known as Algrim, saw through Malekith's disguise when he reached Asgard City. Kurse then broke Malekith's neck, apparently slaying him.

Years later, Malekith was revealed to be alive once again. Disguising himself as Balder again, he enlisted Hercules to attack Alflyse, the Dark Elf Queen of the Eastern Spires, while disguised as Thor. His scheme unravels (partially due to the appearance of Thor disguised as Hercules), and he is easily defeated by Zeus.

Malekith struck an alliance with Loki on behalf of the fire demon Surtur. He took control of a number of Earth humans using special food of the faerie provided by Hela. Malekith then killed Eric Willis, guardian of the Casket of Ancient Winters, after learning its location. As Master of the Hounds, Malekith hunted down Roger Willis, Eric's son and new guardian of the Casket. Malekith battled Thor, and kidnapped Lorelei. Using Lorelei as bait, Malekith forced Thor to battle Algrim the Strong, one of his Dark Elf followers, then attempted to destroy both combatants by plunging them into a pool of magma. He then captured the Casket of Ancient Winters from Roger Willis. Malekith was ultimately defeated by Thor, but not before he destroyed the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing magical frigid force all over the Earth. Malekith was then brought as a captive by Thor to Asgard.

Malekith later disguised Loki as himself to take his place in the dungeon, while he disguised himself as Balder, who was about to be crowned ruler of Asgard. Kurse, the being formerly known as Algrim, saw through Malekith's disguise when he reached Asgard City. Kurse then broke Malekith's neck, apparently slaying him.

Years later, Malekith was revealed to be alive once again. Disguising himself as Balder again, he enlisted Hercules to attack Alflyse, the Dark Elf Queen of the Eastern Spires, while disguised as Thor. His scheme unravels (partially due to the appearance of Thor disguised as Hercules), and he is easily defeated by Zeus.

malekith-eccleston1.jpg

I was a huge Thor fan as a kid and even though I was late to the game, I did read all of Walter Simonson's run on the comic from the 1980s. Malekith was actually one of the more successful villains in the Thor comics. He was in league with the fire giant Surtur and acting as an agent on his behalf, Malekith's actions enabled Surtur to invade Asgard.

Casting Eccleston in anything is a smart move. Anyone who has seen him in the Danny Boyle films knows he's a solid actor. Upon hearing Eccleston is cast, I must admit I can easily relax after the loss of Mads Mikkelsen from this Thor sequel. Things are looking good so far!

• 3 weeks later...
From Wiki Malekith struck an alliance with Loki on behalf of the fire demon Surtur. He took control of a number of Earth humans using special food of the faerie provided by Hela. Malekith then killed Eric Willis, guardian of the Casket of Ancient Winters, after learning its location. As Master of the Hounds, Malekith hunted down Roger Willis, Eric's son and new guardian of the Casket. Malekith battled Thor, and kidnapped Lorelei. Using Lorelei as bait, Malekith forced Thor to battle Algrim the Strong...

And comics fans wonder why the rest of the world doesn't take them seriously?

• 7 months later...

Looks on course to be a good sequel. If it can do as well or better than the first film, I'll be happy. From what I've read, all involed are just as serious about the characters as the creative talent behind the first one and that's what made that original film stand above the others. I say thee yay! :)

• 3 months later...