I never liked Captain America much, but I didn't mind him in The Avengers. I didn't like Stark making fun of him and wanted Cap to punch Tony's lights out just to shut him up (even though Iron Man is my 2nd favorite character). Trailer looks good enough to go see it in theaters; I waited for the first one to come out on DVD. Looks like the Captain is going to bump heads with SHIELD, which is fine but he better not be responsible for that Heli-Carrier crashing!!

That trailer is pretty good especially since I normally find Captain American to be a fairly... corny... character and they almost entirely ignore the real cultural implications of such a hypothetical.

I hope this turns out good. I didn't find the trailer for the first Cap to be very enticing, nor either of the Thor Trailers, and I was pretty disappointed in Iron Man 3's execution despite how much I loved the brave use of Blue as the intro song. I don't want to get hyped up but I feel like this trailer is far more interesting for me personally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, Winter Soldier's identity seems to be "less-known" among movie-goers and superhero-fans than I thought. I mean, I've never read any Captain America comics ever, and I know who he is. (and it was rumored/set-up in the other movies of the "Avengers" series) (trying to be as non-spoilery as possible)

Yeah, Winter Soldier's identity seems to be "less-known" among movie-goers and superhero-fans than I thought.

His identity is less know to the general public because he was introduced only back in 2005. Besides the geeks, the general public doesn't really "know" the character. All the general public knows is that Sebastian Stan is portraying him and he also portrayed Bucky in the 1st movie. They don't really know the rest of the story.

His identity is less know to the general public because he was introduced only back in 2005. Besides the geeks, the general public doesn't really "know" the character. All the general public knows is that Sebastian Stan is portraying him and he also portrayed Bucky in the 1st movie. They don't really know the rest of the story.

Might want to throw some spoiler tags on that, Az.

Even without knowing the story (I never really cared much for comics in general and don't know any of the big Marvel backgrounds beyonds the most famous like Spiderman, etc) It seemed so obvious what would happen when I saw the first movie. Anytime in a movie you don't see the body, especially a superhero movie but also dramas and even comedies :lol: , you should suspect what's going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...