The Marvel Movieverse is getting bigger and taking advantage of the setting to do other types of stories. This is not a superhero movie like we are use to; more like a super spy movie with heavy comicbook influence.

A lot of SHIELD influence but not hammed in like in IM2.

MY GOD is that shield awesome in Cap’s hands!!! Really, the action scenes are worth the ticked alone.

Falcon works great as a sidekick and I would love to eat shawarma with him but I would not be interested in a movie about him.

Spoilers.

Zola was done perfectly. It even looked like him/it.

Really like how they did Hydra.

Fury’s car chase is awesome!!

Very nice they continue to develop the Black Widow character.

Winter Soldier character has great action scenes but his story and Cap’s takes a back seat to the overall SHIELD plot by the end of the movie. Hell, Fury and Widow clean that up.

The movieverse beast is growing. Foreshadowing a plenty:

- Jarvis is part of SHIELD as evidence by Fury’s car. Jarvis is related to (or is) Ultron in Avengers 2.

- Dr. Strange is very specifically mentioned. Mid credits scenes talked about the end of the age of Superheroes and the start of one of dreams come true or something like that.

- The usual Avenger 2 foreshadowing plus Infinity Gems.

- Hydra, Hydra everywhere.

- Where did that super hi-tech arm for Bucky come from?

- Hydra/SHILED douche survived.

- “Fury’s European Vacation”.

- Possible Bucky series movie or series or something since they gave the end credits scene just to him. Meh (worst end credits scene IMO). Spy with amnesia has been done to death; maybe as a series it could work but the MM is in danger of being crowded with more secret agents than superheroes.

Very solid theory! Agents of SHIELD is reeeeeeally going to get shaken.

How familiar are you with the comics?

Just got back from the 8pm showing. Awesome movie. Once the movie starts, it moves fast and doesn't stop. Almost the entire crowd jumped in their seats in a couple of scenes.

Now the mid-credits clip: that is how you do Quicksilver and Wanda. Marvel Studios make FOX's X-Men Franchise look like amateurs.

Edited by Valkyrie23

Was awesome, easily my 2nd favorite Marvel film just, and I mean just, behind Avengers. Something I didn't think possible because Iron Man is the character I love (got me into comics as a kid) and Captain was historically too goody-goody for me.

Will avoid posting until after the weekend so that folks can get a chance to check it out at the theater.

-b.

I had read some of the negative criticisms/reviews of the movie (and I can agree that the early action sequences could've have been filmed a bit better), but damn did this movie kick ass!!

They definitely upped the ante and delivered in this film.

I absolutely enjoyed all the witty banter going about

especially, the bit where Black Widow kicks Sitwell off the building, and she and Cap go straight into talking about his dating prospects. :lol:

I also enjoyed when Falcon says "You wrote that down earlier, huh?" right after Cap makes his awesome inspiring speech.

A few other comments from my late-night viewing:

* I wonder if Tarantino got a kick out of seeing that gravestone? I think I was the only idiot in the theater that laughed his ass off when he saw it.

* Based on the people within their group, I think we can all agree on one qualification to be part of HYDRA: be an utter douche-bag!

* So, does that SHIELD-thug (Rommell something or other) become another super-villain later on?

* Thank you, actor who plays Agent Sitwell. Your smarmy-ness was well played, and it made your comeuppance all the more sweeter.

* So, SHIELD never recovered Loki's staff from the first Avenger's movie?! :rolleyes: Or did someone just steal it from under their noses?

* Can't wait to watch the fall-out from all this on Agents of SHIELD.

* Lastly, there's two post-credit end scenes: one in the middle of the credits and one at the very end.

Edited by Mog

There was some good moments in this movie but overall I can barely think of anything memorable. The first movie had me with that incredible transformation of Steve Rogers, this SFX alone blew my mind. In this new opus, there was lots of noisy gun shooting, some loud booms but no such magic here.

The part with Nick Fury at the beginning was entertaining, and some other scenes such as Cap's escape from the Shield building or the sequence on the highway, the relentless black ops Hydra goons, but that wasn't enough to make me want to spend another 2 hours rewatching it later.

Also there's a format that every Marvel movie should have its amount of funny punchlines. It's a great idea, but they should hire proper writers to back it up.

I had read some of the negative criticisms/reviews of the movie (and I can agree that the early action sequences could've have been filmed a bit better), but damn did this movie kick ass!!

They definitely upped the ante and delivered in this film.

I absolutely enjoyed all the witty banter going about

especially, the bit where Black Widow kicks Sitwell off the building, and she and Cap go straight into talking about his dating prospects. :lol:

I also enjoyed when Falcon says "You wrote that down earlier, huh?" right after Cap makes his awesome inspiring speech.

A few other comments from my late-night viewing:

* I wonder if Tarantino got a kick out of seeing that gravestone? I think I was the only idiot in the theater that laughed his ass off when he saw it.

* Based on the people within their group, I think we can all agree on one qualification to be part of HYDRA: be an utter douche-bag!

* So, does that SHIELD-thug (Rommell something or other) become another super-villain later on?

* Thank you, actor who plays Agent Sitwell. Your smarmy-ness was well played, and it made your comeuppance all the more sweeter.

* So, SHIELD never recovered Loki's staff from the first Avenger's movie?! :rolleyes: Or did someone just steal it from under their noses?

* Can't wait to watch the fall-out from all this on Agents of SHIELD.

* Lastly, there's two post-credit end scenes: one in the middle of the credits and one at the very end.

This is the first time I have ever regretted looking at a spoiler I know I was warned.

Now this is a Captain America movie far better than the first film and actually a fun movie on it's own. Marvel took some chances with this one and it paid off. Combining elements of a political thriller, CA: The Winter Soldier actually works as both an entertaining super hero action flick, an engaging thriller and even has some social commentary I was not expecting at all. Writers did a great job making Cap relevant by having him fight against the Patriot Act-esque state of fear America currently has itself in. Good character work as well; they really played up Cap's abilities and also did a fine job with the execution of the winter soldier himself. Comedy hit the right beats and the action sequences propelled the film forward rather than being obligatory hurdles found in lesser action films. Overall, a solid big box office ride. Never thought I'd like anything they did with Captain America, but this one was a hit in my books.

Now this is a Captain America movie far better than the first film and actually a fun movie on it's own. Marvel took some chances with this one and it paid off. Combining elements of a political thriller, CA: The Winter Soldier actually works as both an entertaining super hero action flick, an engaging thriller and even has some social commentary I was not expecting at all. Writers did a great job making Cap relevant by having him fight against the Patriot Act-esque state of fear America currently has itself in. Good character work as well; they really played up Cap's abilities and also did a fine job with the execution of the winter soldier himself. Comedy hit the right beats and the action sequences propelled the film forward rather than being obligatory hurdles found in lesser action films. Overall, a solid big box office ride. Never thought I'd like anything they did with Captain America, but this one was a hit in my books.

Well said and exactly my feelings! Right now I feel the producers of Superman Vs. Batman are just looking around thinking "WTF just happened?"

Edited by karmajay

Well done and highly entertaining. I may still like the first one more (I REALLY dig that World War II stuff), but I'd have to watch them both again. That said, I think its a better paced and more balanced film than the first. If I had any complaint it would be that it seemed excessively violent, which I wasn't expecting or looking for from this movie.

Well done and highly entertaining. I may still like the first one more (I REALLY dig that World War II stuff), but I'd have to watch them both again. That said, I think its a better paced and more balanced film than the first. If I had any complaint it would be that it seemed excessively violent, which I wasn't expecting or looking for from this movie.

Re: the violence it really earned the PG-13 rating.

It didn't bother me but I agree that the action/violence was very in-your-face noticeable.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just came home from watching it. it was cool, the action felt like i was watching avengers 0.9

too much fighting on the helicarrier

Edited by davidwhangchoi

BTW, did anyone else think this when the shite hit the fan: if he just contacted Tony Stark right now, this would go a whole lot easier.

Which is the same thing that should have came up during IM3 (SHIELD/Hulk/etc could REALLY be helping out right now huh?)

Which is the same thing that should have came up during IM3 (SHIELD/Hulk/etc could REALLY be helping out right now huh?)

Yeah...but then it wouldn't really be a stand alone Iron Man / Captain America movie if that were to happen.

How the hell does Cap manage to put the flash drive in the vending machine without attracting attention???

I saw it today but missed the mid credit scene because I had to pee. Lol. Can anyone fill me in?

Sure.

In some kind of secret lab, some guy and Marvel villain Baron Strucker are discussing Hydra's defeat and SHIELD's... issues. Strucker says it's not a big deal, that Hydra and SHIELD were two sides of the same coin that no longer has any currency. He goes on to say that they've gone beyond the age of super heroes and into an age of miracles, and you see that Strucker is in possession of Loki's staff (of which the gem in it may or may not be one of the Infinity Gems). Strucker asks about "the twins" and we're given a look at two people in holding cells. One, a man, is agitated and moving around his cell at a superhuman speed. The other, a woman, is slumped on the floor against the wall, levitating some blocks above her hand, before violently exploding them. Although they're not named in the film, we know that they're Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Watching Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson acting together was like seeing two seasoned veteran boxers go at each other..Great movie..

Except Redford is Muhammad Ali, and Jackson is... well, not. Just sayin'.

BTW, did anyone else think this when the shite hit the fan: if he just contacted Tony Stark right now, this would go a whole lot easier.

Thats the problem with the Avengers franchise. The leveling of these guys is kinda nuts. The hulk, thor and iron man are like ridiculously more powerful than the rest of the crew. This will be the same issue with superman and batman.

Thats the problem with the Avengers franchise. The leveling of these guys is kinda nuts. The hulk, thor and iron man are like ridiculously more powerful than the rest of the crew. This will be the same issue with superman and batman.

Batman is the Brains of the Justice League not the muscle!

Well, not so much that... It's just the obvious call to make. A. He'd definitely help, and B. He'd be a big help. His computer skills alone...

This parody really addresses that problem...

That's going to be a crutch of any superhero universe that accepts them living within the same world. I thought the same thing...

Iron Man can easily put that third chip in.... hell all three chips, no problem.

otherwise I really enjoyed the film. I didn't like the first one at all and wasn't really expecting much this time. But from the beginning of the movie I already felt like it was on a different level.

Plus some pretty good Itano Circus action... can't complain...

Intitially you may ask where the other heroes are, but for the most part its easy to explain why they didn't intervene.

Bruce Banner is working for Stark and is trying to avoid hulking out at all costs. Apart from that he's most likely nose deep in research he has no clue what is going on outside the lab.

Tony Stark is out of commision as Iron Man for a while ever since the ending of IM3.

Thor is most likely off world on Asgard. In fact the humans inability to call Shield in Thor 2 might mean that film takes place shortly after Winter Soldier.

So where the heck is Hawkeye and War Machine/Iron Patsy? That's what I want to know.

Intitially you may ask where the other heroes are, but for the most part its easy to explain why they didn't intervene.

Bruce Banner is working for Stark and is trying to avoid hulking out at all costs. Apart from that he's most likely nose deep in research he has no clue what is going on outside the lab.

Tony Stark is out of commision as Iron Man for a while ever since the ending of IM3.

Thor is most likely off world on Asgard. In fact the humans inability to call Shield in Thor 2 might mean that film takes place shortly after Winter Soldier.

So where the heck is Hawkeye and War Machine/Iron Patsy? That's what I want to know.

Good point on IM. I asked myself the same thing about hawkeye but at the same time I think falcon is about the same skill level as hawkeye but a little more useful with the wings and all. And with the whole "don't trust anyone in shield" mantra especially after NY I think they wanted to keep it to the circle that already proven themselves faithful at the moment. And I really did enjoy the Falcon. Don't know much about the character but the guy playing him played it really well. Hope to see him in more marvel movies.

The events in Thor 2 happen mid way through Agents of Shield the team was sent to London to clean up the wreckage from the film the whole episode revolved around searching for a Asgardian artifacts (Biserker staff). Edited by miles316

Pretty sure Stark would un-retire for this.

Maybe it was during the time of IM3 when he was in Kansas or where ever the heck he was. Again it's going to be the obvious question for every marvel movie from now on. During Thor 2 I asked the same thing. It's only going to get worse as the universe expands. The answer is always going to be handling their own crap. Fury better fill up that Rolodex. He's going to have a lot of avengers calling in sick.

To kids: a Rolodex is an ancient device where our ancestors kept their contact info.