No desire or interest in these characters, but Marvel hollywood hasn't let me down yet, so i'll wait in see. They said they were gonna go with galactic themes in the next wave of films. If they fight Thanos then i'll be intrigued.

More excited for a Black Panther film.

Rocket Raccoon... man, if they translate the humour well, this could be damn funny, but in a good way. Wonder if Cosmo will be in it too?

Be interesting to see how they simplify a lot of these character's origins. Some are pretty convoluted.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still don't understand why they've decided to make this movie. I simply can't see how it's any good. Certainly during my entire tenure reading Marvel comics I never had a run-in with a single one of these characters nor do I understand why they would be interesting to watch or include in some Marvel Team Up movie.

I still don't understand why they've decided to make this movie. I simply can't see how it's any good. Certainly during my entire tenure reading Marvel comics I never had a run-in with a single one of these characters nor do I understand why they would be interesting to watch or include in some Marvel Team Up movie.

"I simply can't see how it's any good." Not to be combative, but if you've never read any of these characters, why would you have an opinion like that? Is that how you approach any story you've never heard of before?

Unless you've read some of the more recent cosmic/sci-fi Marvel story arcs, like "Annihilation" or "Reign of Kings", it's not likely you would know anything about these characters. Even though they've all been around more than 30 years, they've never been more than obscure until very recently.

As to why they decided to put money on the Guardians, we can only speculate they see some potential in exploring the more traditionally science fiction aspects of Marvel, using the more cosmic than magic interpretation of Thor as a starting point.

I read the entire run of this incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it. Solid action, excellent wit. If Slither is any indication, James Gunn should be able to do it justice. I'm looking very forward to this film.

Taking that one sentence out of context isn't really fair. I said that I haven't read nor heard of any of these characters. All I'm saying is that I've never been exposed to it in any of my time reading comics. That's the reason why I can't see how it's any good. I've never had anybody recommend them or anything. Completely off the radar to me.

Fair enough... but I still think it's a weird choice of words. ;) When I first heard about District 9, I thought "hmmm... wonder if that will be any good", not "I've never heard of that before... I can't see how it's any good".

But you can't say you've never had anyone recommend it. I just did. :D If you're a fan of big space ships, bigger guns, and sharp humour, you should be hoping this film lives up to its source material.

As per the normal rules of the internet, this should be the point where someone posts "Are you nuts? Pay no attention to him. Guardians of the Galaxy was complete crap!..." :lol:

Edited by Penguin

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough... but I still think it's a weird choice of words. ;) When I first heard about District 9, I thought "hmmm... wonder if that will be any good", not "I've never heard of that before... I can't see how it's any good".

But you can't say you've never had anyone recommend it. I just did. :D If you're a fan of big space ships, bigger guns, and sharp humour, you should be hoping this film lives up to its source material.

As per the normal rules of the internet, this should be the point where someone posts "Are you nuts? Pay no attention to him. Guardians of the Galaxy was complete crap!..." :lol:

The District 9 argument isn't valid though. That was an entirely new property (yeah, based on a short film that was highly praised.) I was fully aware there was a Guardians of the Galaxy comic. I'd just never heard anybody who was into comics mention needing to read it or that they enjoyed it. That's why I was puzzled.

It's good to her positive things about it though, as I hadn't heard anything at all.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 months later...

As far as films go these days, this is a risky project. I hope for the best.

Has Marvel regained the FF4 movie license? A Silver Surfer cameo would be a nice surprise here.

The window is closing for FOX to make a new movie the last I heard.

Nebula. She shaved her head for the part.

I'm hoping Nova Prime makes a cameo. Somewhere.

I have heard various reports that certain stars have been cast as key Nova Corps members. Hopefully, they'll make it to the final film. Would be a waste if they didn't use them.

Nova suits look like...police uniforms. So no special powers for the Novas? Just people in uniforms?

• 3 weeks later...