VF-171EX Nightmare still available through BBTS preorder

Qintar

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I apologize if I have posted this topic in the wrong area. I have been looking everywhere and I only found one post buried deep in another thread that provided the link for people to still place an order for the VF-171EX at a decent price.

If you want a VF-171EX despite the reviews and do not want to paid the premuim prices on eBay :angry:, the alternative source is BBTS. For some reason, it is hard to find their listing so here is the URL: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN14295&mode=retail

I would like to caveat that this is a preorder through BBTS.

-Qintar

I don't know if I would bother with them honestly, their continued updates on my order, bumping the delivery date every month, just got old. I wound up cancelling the order when I got my VF-171 from Nippon Yasan.

I'm not cancelling my YF-29 order with them though, because I'm curious if they'll ever fill it. I think they might be giving up on getting Macross items.

I think Nippon Yasan still has them available (at reasonable prices too). It's REALLY weird but so far, as far as I can tell, they've filled everybody's orders so far. Weird when other retailers could barely keep up with them.

So yeah, the moral of that is to go with NY for not crazy 260 - 290 USD level prices for the vf-171ex.

I am still waiting to hear if BigBadToyStore will either fullfill my preorder or cancel it. I had preordered it back in March and I had a preorder end of June in my account. Now my preorder says 3rd quarter 2012. Does anyone think BBTS will get another shipment of the VF 171 EX in?

Seems to be a fairly common practice for them.

Ex. BBTS continued to update the release date for the Bandai Movie Realization Batman and Bat-Pod when they had it for pre-order so don't be surprised if they continue to update their release date. My thought is they import using the slowest and most likely most inexpensive method available so it takes time before they actually get the items in stock.

If it were me I'd keep the pre-order open since they don't charge upfront and then try to secure stock via another method.

-b.

Seems to be a fairly common practice for them.

Ex. BBTS continued to update the release date for the Bandai Movie Realization Batman and Bat-Pod when they had it for pre-order so don't be surprised if they continue to update their release date. My thought is they import using the slowest and most likely most inexpensive method available so it takes time before they actually get the items in stock.

If it were me I'd keep the pre-order open since they don't charge upfront and then try to secure stock via another method.

-b.

I second this if you're dealing with BBTS for Macross stuff. I don't have any problems with them for non-Macross stuff. Don't cancel the BBTS order unless you can secure the item someplace else. Worst that can happen is that they can't get it.

Edited by xrentonx

Thanks. BBTS was the only place I was able to secure a preorder for the VF 171 EX back in March. I will hold on to the preorder. I just hope they can fullfill the order and not cancel it. I really want this Valkyrie.

Edited by mnmskull1

• 2 weeks later...

Status Update! I just checked today and BBTS got their shipment of Vf-171EX. My order is in processs. Wooohoooooo.....not that bad of a wait.

Unless you are a valk freak like me lol. I like them to ship on release day :D

Glad somebody was able to get a Macross Frontier preorder from BBTS. I did get my Alto Renewal from them but after the Ozma incident, I now preorder through Japan based retailers so my chances of actually getting order fulfilled are greater.

Can someone explain how to find Macross listings on BBTS? They are always impossible to find, no matter what search criteria you try using... =/

I've always wondered the same thing!

I have no idea how their search function works. I just go to google and type "bbts valkyries" and get better results than typing "valkyries" in the site search box.

You have to type the exact name of what you're looking for, I always type just the number designation since that's usually right in the title.

Glad to hear some folks are getting theirs now from BBTS, I wound up canceling mine after getting one from Nippon Yasan.

Finally, my VF 171 EX came in from BigBadToyStore! Better late than never :D Now I have to save up for the armor parts for it.

I ordered mine through Nippon Yassan for a decent price plus their pre order policy is very flexible. You can just place your order and have up to the day before the order is available to decide if you want to buy it from them or not. Pretty awesome policy!

As a lark I preordered two of these with BBTS, fully expecting the order to be cancelled like they did with my 25S order. Turns out they got them in and they're needing me to update my CC info as they have an old card on file. I already procurred 3 of these and I'm really starting to lose serious interest in obtaining more of any of them (this unit or future ones) with the way bandai is treating us, so I'm going to try to make sure any fellow MWers get first dibs. I'm going to free up my pre-orders tomorrow around 10am Central (US) time. I'll drop another post here a few moments before I do so tomorrow morning to give everyone a fair shot.