Jump to content

YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"


Recommended Posts

On 11/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, Saburo said:

I was able to pick up another YF-29 Anniversary Version.

4243D9E0-5880-4E09-A7AB-F13A4479593A.thumb.jpeg.4345e0170b0d58310faf539806e62613.jpeg

Awesome YF-29 Saburo!

But do you have the best YF-29 paint scheme of all?

49023740948_82b0d26078_o.jpg

:lol:

(Also the most complicated color balancing I've done yet)

Edited by Lolicon
no idea why it made a link
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome YF-29 Saburo!

But do you have the best YF-29 paint scheme of all?

 

:lol:

(Also the most complicated color balancing I've done yet)

Thank you, it was just a quick shot with the iPhone camera. 

Haha, no I don't have that one. I stay away from model kits because I don't have the time and resources to build them properly. :unsure:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 12:16 AM, Foblander said:

How are the 29 toys compared to the 31? I saw the reddish 29 is coming out again. Is it a new mold or rerelease?

Wait....whaaaat? The 29 is getting a rerelease!? I missed that....when is there a thread for it so I can keep track of info?

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dobber said:

Wait....whaaaat? The 29 is getting a rerelease!? I missed that....when is there a thread for it so I can keep track of info?

Chris

There was an example at the last show. I don't think that anything official has kicked off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There was an example at the last show. I don't think that anything official has kicked off.

Ok thanks! :)

I know it’s a different one, but I always wanted the anniversary edition. Looks so pretty. The asking prices for them are insane though. 
 

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Ok thanks! :)

I know it’s a different one, but I always wanted the anniversary edition. Looks so pretty. The asking prices for them are insane though. 
 

Chris

I paid WAY too much money for mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

So.. I have an older yf29 Alto that I got for a sweet deal some time ago. It was a little worn but still ok. Today I picked it up for the first time in several months and the legs tore apart at the waist joint. Looks like the plastic basically degraded and crumbled.. on a side note I was kind surprised that the legs, as weighty as they are, are held by such a small plastic joint. Seems to work for the 25 and 27 molds though so what do I know..

Anyway, for those of you that have a lot of experience with the 29 toys, do any of the Alto reissues have improved quality? Are the non Alto versions of the 29 better? Looking to replace mine. Thanks for any advice!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hiryu said:

So.. I have an older yf29 Alto that I got for a sweet deal some time ago. It was a little worn but still ok. Today I picked it up for the first time in several months and the legs tore apart at the waist joint. Looks like the plastic basically degraded and crumbled.. on a side note I was kind surprised that the legs, as weighty as they are, are held by such a small plastic joint. Seems to work for the 25 and 27 molds though so what do I know..

Anyway, for those of you that have a lot of experience with the 29 toys, do any of the Alto reissues have improved quality? Are the non Alto versions of the 29 better? Looking to replace mine. Thanks for any advice!!

This has always been one of my fears. Plastic and longevity of the parts has always been of great concern overtime and during repeated transformations.
 

Not sure why the Bandai plastic has become so brittle rapidly. I want to check on my complete set of YF-29s but I just don’t want to see them all crumbled. These have rested in their boxes for quite a few years with only one 4 transformations per. 
 

Good thing their all in fighter mode.

For those who have transformed your numerous times, have you experienced issues with breakage or stressing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Love that scheme plus the hangar. One of my copies started to yellow. Might turn it into a Hikaru color custom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...