YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

well, lol the place I pre-ordered from just canceled their orders of the skull 29.

Gettin a refund, waiting for the confirmation.

Thats it I'm out lol bandai, u bunch of wankers.

Did you order from Yes Asia? I've just got their confirmation yesterday morning, and then got their cancellation today. :angry:

yeah I made the order earlier mate, but still got the ick, crazy! everyone wanted a slice of the action. and I was pretty quick with the yesasia order.

I did feel it was too exe anyways.

And I am glad I didn't paste the link in this thread,

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The more I look at this Valk, the more I think it should have a "Nike" logo on it.

And there could be a deluxe set that comes with a matching pair of shoes! ;)

Please, don't give them any more ideas for exclusives. Because once they get wind of that, they will release only five pairs. One pair to each major distributor and the window to order will be a microsecond.

Edited by NightCastle

More like, going to the only open brothel in the country, choosing the singular girl that's semi-decent from the "menu" only to be told that she's booked solid for the next couple of months. So you're standing there with mixed emotions right, angry because the establishment should have more fit birds but also a little pity at those poor bstards getting fleeced sharing the one.

More like, going to the only open brothel in the country, choosing the singular girl that's semi-decent from the "menu" only to be told that she's booked solid for the next couple of months. So you're standing there with mixed emotions right, angry because the establishment should have more fit birds but also a little pity at those poor bstards getting fleeced sharing the one.

you know...I've never had that happen ;)

Wow... Otacute opened up pre-orders for the YF-29 VF-1S scheme and the pre-order was closed as soon as the notification was sent.

***EDIT***

I'm guessing a few scalpers out there have buying bots for them...

***RE-EDIT***

I guess on the flip side that if Otacute was only able to secure like 10-20 orders that wouldn't be much considering how many people across the world would want one. Just to say... I was not able to place an order for one, lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Wow... Otacute opened up pre-orders for the YF-29 VF-1S scheme and the pre-order was closed as soon as the notification was sent.

***EDIT***

I'm guessing a few scalpers out there have buying bots for them...

***RE-EDIT***

I guess on the flip side that if Otacute was only able to secure like 10-20 orders that wouldn't be much considering how many people across the world would want one. Just to say... I was not able to place an order for one, lol.

Yeah, luckly I was already logged in and I was able to grab one, then right away it says preorder closed. I had though that I too had missed out, but I received an email confirmation from Otacute.

Nice... I have a middleman service trying to secure an order of one for me through other means, but they're having difficultly placing an order from his sources as well. I was going to order one from Otacute because the prices were better and I've ordered from them before.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Was looking at my yf-29 and the top half of the nose and fuselage is a separate piece so I think the black part may be molded in black plastic.

That would be cool, because with the bandai's I am paranoid about the paint chipping.

Some experiences/ findings:

1. Yes Asia confirmed my order on Monday and cancelled my order on Tuesday. Reason: cannot source the product.

1a. When I check their product page today, it says: "The price is to be determined".

2. Otacute opened the preorder yesterday (or was it Tuesday?). The product page is now removed. I wonder what about the placed orders...

1. Yes Asia confirmed my order on Monday and cancelled my order on Tuesday. Reason: cannot source the product.

1a. When I check their product page today, it says: "The price is to be determined".

2. Otacute opened the preorder yesterday (or was it Tuesday?). The product page is now removed. I wonder what about the placed orders...

I've used yesasia plenty of times but mostly electronics especially psp games (maf muf triangular etc)

never had an issue, this is just a freak thing, thanks to bandai.

it's just not a 300 buck valk, I personally love the scheme, but not 300 bucks, with out shipping deculture....

it's just not a 300 buck valk, I personally love the scheme, but not 300 bucks, with out shipping deculture....

yups, i agreed with you on this one :) I love most of the valk, but only if the budget is acceptable, the most expensive one i paid is vf-171ex (around 200 euro incl shipping and import tax)

yups, i agreed with you on this one :) I love most of the valk, but only if the budget is acceptable, the most expensive one i paid is vf-171ex (around 200 euro incl shipping and import tax)

I feel for you. I also live in the EU and i pay ridiculous amounts of tax. Our US friends have no idea how easy they have it! For instance i got the VF-17S from Amiami on Christmas= about 275$ + 40$ EMS shipping + 90$ Tax. Yes, about 400$ - which is why I am skipping the VF-17D, since it's too much for just one valk - . I can only start crying from now about how much i'll have to pay for the VF-4 since there won't even be that 10% discount... :(

Edited by Dimis

Yes, the preorder from Otacute opened up on Tuesday. I haven't received any email from them about produce cancelation. I'll shoot them an email.

I feel for you. I also live in the EU and i pay ridiculous amounts of tax. Our US friends have no idea how easy they have it! For instance i got the VF-17S from Amiami on Christmas= about 275$ + 40$ EMS shipping + 90$ Tax. Yes, about 400$ - which is why I am skipping the VF-17D, since it's too much for just one valk - . I can only start crying from now about how much i'll have to pay for the VF-4 since there won't even be that 10% discount... :(

Actually the reason why a lot of us resist so many of the policies you EU guys implement is because we know precisely how much more expensive things will become as a result.

That's neither here nor there. It sucks you can't buy these things because they're so expensive.

And it can get much worse, folks...

Here in Brazil the import tax is 96%, and the taxes apply both to the declared product and shipping costs! And the imported products normally arrive in the customs about one week after the shipment from Japan, but it takes a further full month to get them released from our customs. No need to say how draconian and stupid is our system...

Still, a few hard-headed fans, like me, try to keep up with our collections, despite scalpers and shortage of valks... :(

Actually the reason why a lot of us resist so many of the policies you EU guys implement is because we know precisely how much more expensive things will become as a result.

That's neither here nor there. It sucks you can't buy these things because they're so expensive.

The thing is that if an official EU importer made these available and i simply chose to buy Japanese versions for my own crazy collector's reasons, it would make sense to pay huge taxes. But there isn't for Yamato. For instance with Bandai's classic Soul Of Chogokin line i can buy the EU imported versions from Italy, which i do. Of course with Macross DX Chogokins, like this YF-29 VF-1s version, there's no stock available for anyone to import anyway...

Edited by Dimis

I spoke with an HLJ rep at SDCC and he said something about waiting to see how much they can get before actually opening the product up for sale. Has something to do with the uncertainty of how much they will actually get. He also said that for every number they are quoted, there is an expected number of copies with QC items that will invariably go back, or something like that.