YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

He just trimmed/flipped the YF-29's normal canards to match the ones on the Fire Valk.

I love that YF-19 styled one, but... seriously people. Learn something about aircraft before you go painting everything random colors. Intakes are not something you paint as a colored accent. <_<

That's actually part of what bugged me about Macross 7... While pretty much every other Macross series has adhered to marking aircraft with standard military-styled painting conventions, Macross 7 kinda went and ignored a lot of standard aircraft things. I don't mean paintschemes mind you, I mean things like the white intakes and landing gear/bays, certain warning symbols, anti-glare panels, etc.

Macross Frontier actually did pretty decently in that regard too, but now Bandai's slapping colors all over everything like a five-year-old given a toy airplane, and a paint marker. :rolleyes:

They're called canards.

Thanks. The fact that they were not like the other YF-29s threw me off a little.

He just trimmed/flipped the YF-29's normal canards to match the ones on the Fire Valk.

I love that YF-19 styled one, but... seriously people. Learn something about aircraft before you go painting everything random colors. Intakes are not something you paint as a colored accent. <_<

That's actually part of what bugged me about Macross 7... While pretty much every other Macross series has adhered to marking aircraft with standard military-styled painting conventions, Macross 7 kinda went and ignored a lot of standard aircraft things. I don't mean paintschemes mind you, I mean things like the white intakes and landing gear/bays, certain warning symbols, anti-glare panels, etc.

Macross Frontier actually did pretty decently in that regard too, but now Bandai's slapping colors all over everything like a five-year-old given a toy airplane, and a paint marker. :rolleyes:

While I will admit that I don't know a lot about aircraft, but as an artist who appreciates realism, I can admit that I would have at least gotten that much myself. I don't get why they do that to the intakes. Even I know that practical use would inevitably make those locations dark and in no way retain anything even remotely close to a bright color which makes the point of that coloring moot.

Edited by NightCastle

So what are standard military style markings tor aircraft? I'm curious. What are no-nos and are they standard across all military forces?

Yeah, but what's the difference? All bloody planes are red or blue flying targets, I don’t think yellow or white accents change that fact at all.

Oh, I totally agree ;)

I was just being facetious. I'm the guy who LIKES the green canopy after all!

Edited by xrentonx

Actually, it's a maintenance issue. Same reason you don't paint landing gear any oddball colors: so you can see if something's wrong, spot leaks, or damaged parts.

Fluid leaking into your intakes isn't a good thing. And there may be more reasons, but that's just the one off the top of my head. Anything on an aircraft that needs to be kept clean you paint white, so you know when it gets dirty. Every fighter aircraft I can think of paints the intake interiors a light color, even planes like the Blue Angels.

Outer paintschemes are one thing, and really, with all the fancy uber-tech stealth junk they have by the 2050s, it probably doesn't matter how you paint your aircraft. But you still have to maintain them. Painting critical and high maintenance areas all kinds of crazy colors is just making the job harder.

Edited by Chronocidal

Sorry maybe I'm alone on this, but these are fictional fighters transforming into robots and doing all sorts of acrobatics. If someone uses neon-green intakes and neon-yellow landing gear as part of their overall paint scheme than that might be cringe worthy for you (and me). But telling people to hit the books and brush up on aviation standards before painting a fictional mecha to their liking is plain ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I know some of you are walking dictionaries when it comes to aviation and I truly admire the dedication to the topic, but sometimes some of the posts become a bit overbearing.

BOT: I think that the new scheme looks worse than the old one that they showed us. I was on the fence to begin with, but now with all the purple and the lighter shade of yellow I am wondering if I even want or need this anymore. I do like the fact that it is not an Alto anymore though.

Well, sure, they're all robot mecha airplanes, I know. ^_^

Thing is... Kawamori has a degree in aeronautics (as far as I recall). The whole point of the VF-1 in the first place was to make a plane that turned into a robot, not the other way around. On top of that, due to the plot, the robot part was supposed to be entirely secret.

I guess no, they don't have to be realistic at all. But it's fun to imagine that they could be. It's fun to think about what valks would look like if they were real, and actually used by real life militaries. Given how many people go out of their way to detail models of them up as if they were actual aircraft , it's clearly a popular idea.

Really.. this isn't so much about whether Macross has to look real or not. This is about the fact that despite the overwhelming treatment of valks as "real" aircraft from other sources, Bandai just can't seem to comprehend the concept.

i like it :3 i was needed some minutes to get use too,

but after that... i liked :3

http://www.amiami.co...-RBT-2516&page=

i have one of this beautys ( my kawaii koneko chan) in preorder, ant this surprise color was great :3

the only problem is the same... those big yellow areas down the wings, but is ok to me, i will do some lining to fix them :)

TOY-RBT-2516_08.jpg002358_6.jpg

http://www.toyark.co...s-changed-6521/

so the pilot will be:

alto ? ozma ? unknown ? Someone new ?

I want ozma :p

and yep i hope too that will be the same yellow of the VF-25S

Edited by Drackie

Nice pics. I also liked the green canopy more, but I guess the purple one is not so bad.

But what would really make me happy is if they included optional head lasers made out of ABS plastic in this version. If not, would it be possible to have some made using Shapeways?