YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

I think it's that most people are so over bandai and their exclusive crap, I've ben waiting a very long time to get into the Frontier high end collecting, and it's only just recently with the v.2s of the 25 line and before that the 29 alto which I missed out on that it's ACTUALLY worth gracing my collection, but they make it so bloody difficult to keep up.

I literrally check every day even twice a day with the big 3 (hlj, amiami and hobby search) and I stil missed on the initial plus extended pre-orders,

wtf don't they want our money lol, like its already stated only the scalpers are enjoying this.

Did anyone really knew about this b4 time on the forum. No. Out side of japan anyways it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

yes I paid for it bent over but I'll man up and enjoy this purchase. 30th anni only comes once.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I guess I really lucked out on this one. I don't own any frontier toys and only managed to make it through the first episode. Just not my bag... But when the the red/white yf-29 came out, I really dug it and thought it will propably be my one and only Mac F purchase. Alas, it came and went by the time went to buy...

I was up late working the other morning (about 2:30am) when I came across this thread. I decided to give it a shot and secured one at AE for 15,300yen. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it when it arrives (the paint job is a little 'tennis shoe' for me, but its growin' on me), but if I don't I'll be sure to list it in the appropriate MW forum.

cheers-

I guess I really lucked out on this one. I don't own any frontier toys and only managed to make it through the first episode. Just not my bag... But when the the red/white yf-29 came out, I really dug it and thought it will propably be my one and only Mac F purchase. Alas, it came and went by the time went to buy...

I was up late working the other morning (about 2:30am) when I came across this thread. I decided to give it a shot and secured one at AE for 15,300yen. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it when it arrives (the paint job is a little 'tennis shoe' for me, but its growin' on me), but if I don't I'll be sure to list it in the appropriate MW forum.

cheers-

It all sounds as if you've misspelled the first word of your interests. :-P

Edited by Dimis

I think he meant its the vf-25 alto version you were liking? or the vf-29 durandel version perhaps? vf as opposed to yf is all..thats all I'm sure =-)

Sounds like sour grapes over someone else getting a preorder when he couldn't.

No actually i do have one, and through Anime-Export in fact, but i always wish it was the collectors who got these rather than people who are already thinking of selling it as they putting the order through, whether that's private sellers or stores like the one i had posted about a few pages back.

wow this DX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (30th ANNIVERSARY COLOR) is selling like hot cake even within preorder status. lucky I only manage to get 1 slot for myself. meanwhile waiting for VF171EX and the armor part to arrive within this month.

I think the armor parts for the VF-171 are not due until Oct.

Nippon Yasan has it available still for $296.

While I could afford this without a hitch, I thnk I'll pass on that price. If HLJ puts it up with a decent price, I'll get one, but I'm not going to stress a non-canon, half-assed "Skull Leader" wannabe paint job.

Christ - dial it back down a notch.

In any case, I'm pretty sure they had that building way before the site upgrade (didn't they have a video of the warehouse when the earth quake hit?). They're over hauling a massive database of items and they're having some teething troubles and people are acting like its the end of the world, bloody chillax.

You should thank Enki that here is a site and place like HLJ for all of us gaijin who have the mecha fever and need out plastic crack fix. They've been nothing but awesome to me in more than a decade since Ive been a customer.

You gotsta be like Mikhail with the sniper rifle to get these preorders, yes - but chill out if u don't get one now - there is always other places, other avenues - and if u don't like the price, wait. Be patient. OR DON'T BUY IT!

I waited until last year to get my first 1/60, and have gotten all of my 20+ 1/60s at pretty sweet prices since.

PS. Gotten my hands on a VF-1D + option parts, VF-25F, VF-25S, VF-171 and have preorders on the the YF-29 Skull Fokker, VF-25G and VF-171 Armour parts - u know, just to rub it in LOLZ.

* NINJA VANISH *

Edited by Kurisama

I think people are extra bitchy about it because the new website occurred during the time of a major release (the 171). I agree though, have a little patience...

I still like HLJ anyway :)

Christ - dial it back down a notch.

In any case, I'm pretty sure they had that building way before the site upgrade (didn't they have a video of the warehouse when the earth quake hit?). They're over hauling a massive database of items and they're having some teething troubles and people are acting like its the end of the world, bloody chillax.

You should thank Enki that here is a site and place like HLJ for all of us gaijin who have the mecha fever and need out plastic crack fix. They've been nothing but awesome to me in more than a decade since Ive been a customer.

There's nothing to "dial back down". The only thing their site now seems to do effectively is give 504 errors and show you logoed/photoshopped versions of their facility. That's helpful when you want to place an order! If you don't think it's bad then clearly you haven't been on their site recently because it literally doesn't work right the overwhelming majority of the time. I had some non-Macross items on order recently that I just had to let expire because I became tired of not being able to login and finalize/pay for the orders. So all those orders went to Amiami instead.

I don't really have a problem with HLJ, I've used them over the years and been happy with the service. But you can't expect people to not poke fun at their site, or even be harsh, given that it no longer works AND they've been very difficult to deal with regarding the Renewal figures (posting generic "Order Stop" listing without even taking pre-orders, being even less interactive with customer inquiries than some of the other sites, etc)

You gotsta be like Mikhail with the sniper rifle to get these preorders, yes - but chill out if u don't get one now - there is always other places, other avenues - and if u don't like the price, wait. Be patient. OR DON'T BUY IT!

I waited until last year to get my first 1/60, and have gotten all of my 20+ 1/60s at pretty sweet prices since.

PS. Gotten my hands on a VF-1D + option parts, VF-25F, VF-25S, VF-171 and have preorders on the the YF-29 Skull Fokker, VF-25G and VF-171 Armour parts - u know, just to rub it in LOLZ.

* NINJA VANISH *

Cookie? No really. Did anyone ask? This whole fiasco has nothing to do with anything other than Bandai being complete jerks and treating the end consumer like garbage; expecting us to either fight for preorders like ravenous animals or be extorted by ebay, Yahoo auctions, Nippon Yasan, etc....The fact that anyone gets any of these figures only boils down to sheer dumb luck in being online during the exact 5 minute window that preorders are available or simply being willing to get fleeced and obtain them through an alternate source. There's nothing else to it and anyone who wants to act like they are some kind of elitist because they got a preorder is severely deluding themselves (not to mention needing a bit more perspective on life).

But since you brought it up…..feeling boastful are we? Ok....passed on the VF-1D because I don't really care for it but got the renewal VF-25F and the Super Parts, got the YF-29, got 3 of the VF-171EX units and have Armour Parts on preorder, have 2 VF-25Gs on pre-order, and the YF-29 30th as well. Plus I have a friend in Japan who'll likely be obtaining extra of the 25G and YF-29 30th units at release for me...the only one I missed out on was the VF-25S because of BBTS (which no one expected) and I could buy one tomorrow but I simply won't due to the principle that I'm not willing to pay 3 times retail simply because Bandai are a**holes and won't properly meet demand. Attempt to “rub it in” meet epic fail….

And if people are being pissy about this whole thing don’t they have a right to be? As others have already pointed out nothing says 30th anniversary celebration like a You-Aren’t-Invited-Un-Invitation–Card! Obviously we don’t know how Yamato’s VF-4 is going to turn out yet but everything else they’ve release, or will be releasing later this year, is available at retail price somewhere. Contrast that with the way Bandai’s treating everyone and honestly Big West should be having a shitfit over how Bandai are literally turning people off the franchise in disgust.

Nothing to 'dial back down'? - course there is, ppl are over reacting - but its to be expected here I guess. Just grows tiresome reading over and over again about all the bitching. Difficult to deal with? Obviously they put in an 'order stop' because they're playing the waiting game until they confirm stock. A no-brainer there.

You must be new here.

Good for you buddy that you have that kind of disposable income. But honestly - thank you for giving me much lols at what must have been a frantic reply to my post.

I think "needing a bit more perspective on life" is almost the definition of freaking out about not being able to buy adult toys. Can get it at the price you want? Do it. Can't? Move on. It's not like they're holding your family hostage.

+1... it's crazy thinking that the complaints and whining on this board about not getting a preorder in, shipping issues, and the like are coming from working adults. But at the same time, I think that's pretty much par for the course on every toy related forum I've seen... lol

+1... it's crazy thinking that the complaints and whining on this board about not getting a preorder in, shipping issues, and the like are coming from working adults. But at the same time, I think that's pretty much par for the course on every toy related forum I've seen... lol

We're all young still at heart? lol

Edited by Phalanix

I think all of the complaints are valid. I work for an instrument company and the only way that things are changed or improved for the customer is via complaint. From my understanding both Bandai and Yamato personnel are known to visit these forums and others like them. If they see complaints, then they have real data to work with that warrants some alterations or changes on their part.

They have no way of knowing if they need to make additional stock if potential customers aren't complaining that they can't acquire items. I'm sure the etailers like HLJ, BBTS, AmiAmi etc are echoing similar sentiments to Bandai. This will further reinforce that there might be more demand for a hot property(Macross frontier) and maybe they need to produce more units to meet such demand.

Edited by Golden Arms

VF-25F has sold OK (it had LOTS of stocks on day 1 so the price didn't go up quickly. But the market managed to digest all of them); it is now US$400+ on NY. Crazy prices on Yahoo JP auction.

Similar cases for VF-25S and YF-29.

VF-171EX has actually sufficient stocks to last as of yet.

So personally my feeling is that Bandai actually has sufficient stocks; but some people (non-end users) in between just hold on to them to sell them at an inflated price. At least that is what happened for VF-171EX.

Edited by ff95gj

I almost got this from NY. The price is about the same as some Yamato Valks and I really like the skull scheme. However it is still too much $ for me and I like the Red and White YF-29 scheme more. Though I am not going to get a $400 Red version.