YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

I prepared to pay a premium at Nippon Yasan, but their asking price is crazy.

I believe I can buy it at a similar price when it actually releases.

Yes. That is entirely way too much for a straight up repaint that's not even part of the show. Might as well wait. Patience is a virtue.

Yes. That is entirely way too much for a straight up repaint that's not even part of the show. Might as well wait. Patience is a virtue.

I agree...I believe there would be reissue in the future just like the original YF-29.

It's pretty much true though and can you really blame them? It's pretty much a no brainer to walk down to your local Japanese toystores, buy up all the stock and then sell them online to us foreigners at a healthy markup. That's just business savviness on the part of NY. Most of the other online e-tailers who cater to us non-Japanese folk don't seem to be doing this (maybe a few others but many are content on receiving whatever stock Bandai gives them and settling on selling that).

I'm assuming the jacked up preorder pricing is them gambling on being able to fulfill orders this way at a later date.

If I was really desparate though...NY is probably better than eBay in many cases. :)

Edited by xrentonx

Hmmm... I took the plunge but I'm not happy about it... I think I paid even more than the last guy .... I may have hit my limit for a valk toy on this one ($296 before shipping).... If I have too much buyers remorse later I suppose I can either cancel or sell it. The other thing is I'm not thrilled about (other than ny pricing) is their shipping... My vf-171 box was a bit damaged last time because of the flimsy cardboard they used. Hmmm wonder if they have a cancel option? I just kept hitting next without checking their preorder policy.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Ughh, got a pre order in, but it was marked up 70 USD. If I luck out I may be able to have a friend find it on the street on release for cheaper then maybe I can Ebay the pricey one.

Edited by Loop

It's not even that it's ugly, which I feel it is too, but it isn't at all a VF-1S scheme. The 1S had BLACK, not grey. And adding some yellow stripes doesn't make it anywhere near being a 1S. It's just a gaudy, quick repaint.

It's OK, baby, don't listen to those bad men above me. I still love you and that's all that matters in this world. B))

Edited by xrentonx