YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

NY just sent me a shipping notice, so it's on the way! :) Can't wait for the packs though... think they really improve the wing design.

I got my shipping notice this morning as well, can't wait to see how it looks!

now that the RVF, YF-29 30th and VF171 CF are out of the way.. what do you think we'll see next?

Just a guess, though highly unlikely

YF-29 Isamu and Ozama colour version

More likely

YF-30

VF-25S/F Reissue with armored/super pack! - a man can only dream :(

I am pretty sure we will see the Super VF-27 Lucifer and the YF-30 Chronos. I hope we luck out and get a re-release of the VF-25F and VF-25S though as I need 1x more of each one to be happy. If that happens I will not even consider selling the extra set of VF-25F Super Parts or the VF-25S Super Parts I have in the closet.

Edited by Loop

Well, about the next releases...

If I remember correctly, this is the order in which the renewals were released:

jun 2011 - YF-29 (alto version)

oct 2011 - VF-25F

jan 2012 - VF-25S

may 2012 - YF-29 (alto version) reissue

jun 2012 - VF-171EX

sep 2012 - VF-25G

oct 2012 - YF-29 (30th)

mar 2013 - YF-29 (30th) reissue

apr 2013 - VF-171 CF

jun 2013 - RVF-25

My guess is the following: there will be just one more this year, probably the YF-30. First because they released only repaints this year, and also because the YF-30 should arrive within the commemorative year. I think the logic is to reissue older items and only after some repaints issue a new mold. So here are my bets for the future:

oct 2013 - YF-30

jan 2014 - VF-25F reissue (perhaps with Super Pack), Tornado Pack will be a web exclusive

apr 2014 - YF-30 reissue

jun 2014 - VF-27 renewal

oct 2014 - VF-25S reissue (probably with Armored Pack)

jan 2015 - VF-171EX reissue

apr 2015 - VF-25G reissue (with matching Tornado Pack), Super Pack will be a web exclusive

jun 2015 - Vajra (hehe)

oct 2015 - RVF-25 reissue (with matching Super Pack), Ghost will be a web exclusive

But maybe some new repaints will appear for YF-29 and VF-171, so these molds can be reused...

Edited by mgmalheiros

Got mine in earlier today (right before leaving my apartment for the weekend too :p) and I'm liking it so far. Really looking forward to the super packs though. After playing Macross 30 so much, it looks weird without them.

I think my main gripe about the design isn't even a gripe against the DX, oddly enough.. it's that the YF-29 was meant to be a field-modification/chop-job in universe. The entire "le'ts just use the VF-25's entire legs, but drop them a notch like they're carrying super packs" seems odd. I get it, but it makes for a lazy-looking design, because the legs aren't actually locked in place.

Aside from that, I just think the shield attachment is pretty weak.

If I can get a second one of these, I'm definitely stripping it down to the bare plastic and repainting it something that actually looks like a VF-1S. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

If you are looking for one now, NY have it on special for 19,500 yen. I just ordered one from them the day before they bump down the price. Tempted to get another. Wonder whether they are willing to refund the difference since it was just a day before.

Edited by Valk-1S

You know you want both of them!

I'm still hoping I can pickup the VF-25F renewal, as I still have my v1. The VF-29 30th is on it's way to me.

ok, so I examined my toy and everything is in good shape...except for the hard plastic head fin. It has a horrible curl to it. Is there any way to straigten out this part of the toy? Also, I ordered through HLJ. Do they have any policy on replacing damaged parts (not due to shipping)? This issue is a manufacturer's defect.

post-5255-0-85443600-1365015260_thumb.jpg

post-5255-0-75218400-1365015267_thumb.jpg

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

Yeah, we're pretty much completely on our own with replacement parts, even moreso than with Yamato. Apparently, Bandai's policy with replacing parts is "Send us the whole thing and we'll give you a new one. At your expense."

Been over 6 months since I requested a replacement crotch plate for my VF-25G, and still no response. I get the feeling Bandai just told NY to go suck a tailpipe when I requested just the part instead of shipping the whole thing back to Japan.

ok, so I examined my toy and everything is in good shape...except for the hard plastic head fin. It has a horrible curl to it. Is there any way to straigten out this part of the toy? Also, I ordered through HLJ. Do they have any policy on replacing damaged parts (not due to shipping)? This issue is a manufacturer's defect.

So this is not a rare thing I guess now. If you look back I posted pics of what I called my gimpy fin on my 30th reissue Alto scheme version. I got it replaced though using a friend in Japan. I was too scared to mess with it as I had a stress mark on mine and feared I would make it worse. I think it has to do with the box being a bit small for the head fin. I had a bowed out box, so I think it was damaged during the packaging phase. When I cut the tape the cardboard basically popped up like there was a lot of tension. Looking at my pics though, yours looks worse than the one I had.

th_IMG_0513.jpg

th_IMG_0514.jpg

th_IMG_0518.jpg

I would e-mail HLJ, they can contact Bandai to get you another. I had to ship mine back to Japan though, which was expensive. I wanted just the head, but Bandai wanted the whole unit back :(

Looks like all the gimpy fins get shipped to Seattle.

Edited by Loop

If I remember correctly the bow happens to the box if they don't seat the valk in the foam far enough, then force the cardboard down and tape it. Any pressure on that side of the box will help bend it even more.

Easy fix.. just chop that antenna off, remove the normal lasers, and make Isamu's custom version from Macross 30. ^_^

I want them to actually make that one. He even added a bayonet to the gun.

Easy fix.. just chop that antenna off, remove the normal lasers, and make Isamu's custom version from Macross 30. ^_^

I want them to actually make that one. He even added a bayonet to the gun.

You know what? I'd buy that.

Probably, but I'd happily shell out to NY for that one. It's by far the best scheme I've ever seen on one.

I'm definitely painting one of my 1/100 kits that way, and if I ever get a second YF-29, I might even repaint it. Probably not fully, but I'd at least get it white and add the red and black stripes.