YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Well I thought they do a reissue of the YF-29 30th Anniversary Edition because they figured that not enough people who bought the first release are interested in the Super Parts. So now the release a second wave of the YF-29s to sell enough Super Parts so they don't make a loss with this product. And thus the reissue will be release first so that there are enough orders for the 30th Anniversary Super Parts to make their one time production run profitable.

I mean, why not release a reissue of the VF-25s. From what I get here in the forums the would sell millions of units of the VF-25S

On the other hand I'm pretty sure that I'm crazy and I can't trust myself any longer.

That I don't understand Japanese does not help the issue.

*giggle*

:lol:

Well for me it was a case of either try to get one during the 7.2 nano-seconds that these things are available during a re-issue, which I'd have no chance as I just don't have the time to try for something like that, or eBay it, it's pricey but that's market forces I guess, sorta blows but glad eBay cos I don't think they'll be re-issuing the 30th forever so not being superfast in catching it first time round probably only chance I got to get it.

Some shots in Gerwalk:

WFTrBVY.jpg

wzna8tQ.jpg

Edited by Captain Jack

Got mine today, great figure, was a bit annoyed one of the antenna was bent but over time I can push that back into position. Took a while to learn how to transform it without fearing breaking it, but all in all a very nice piece, some pics below:

knDL7YF.jpg

Hmm, this pic right here might have just sold me on this scheme/design.

Ok so i did a quick search on Nippon Yasan for the YF-29 and i find two listings

One for

MACROSS F - DX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLOR) = $258.14

one for

MACROSS F - DX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLOR) (REISSUE) = $222.89

Given that they're almost identical, why the huge price discrepancy? Is the Re-issue going to get less stuff?

And the other thing is the pre-order says March2013 but it doesn't actually list when it will be released. Am i missing something here? Sorry this is my first time taking a look at Nippon Yasan so i'm just a bit confused.

If anyone could help me out, that would be much appreciated. Thanks

I got mine from the first release, but still have not transformed it LOL. I just hate the way the shoulder covers like to pop off on my Alto version, so I just left this one in fighter mode until I get the itch.

Ok so i did a quick search on Nippon Yasan for the YF-29 and i find two listings

One for

MACROSS F - DX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLOR) = $258.14

one for

MACROSS F - DX CHOGOKIN YF-29 DURANDAL VALKYRIE (30TH ANNIVERSARY COLOR) (REISSUE) = $222.89

Given that they're almost identical, why the huge price discrepancy? Is the Re-issue going to get less stuff?

And the other thing is the pre-order says March2013 but it doesn't actually list when it will be released. Am i missing something here? Sorry this is my first time taking a look at Nippon Yasan so i'm just a bit confused.

If anyone could help me out, that would be much appreciated. Thanks

I think it's partly because the higher priced one is actually in stock now and is from the original run. They always raise the price on items as they get older and harder to find. I wonder if the new reissue will come with the 30th logo on the box. The Alto release was completely the opposite. The original run was before the anniversary and did not have the 30th logo on the box. I bought the reissue of the Alto scheme and it had the 30th logo on the box.

Plus the way they operate, they're trying to recupe their costs from buying it at the higher price in the aftermarket. That's what I assume anyway.

They're unlikely to sell below what they paid for it unless they're desperate to move stock. It's a seller's market. :(

Edited by xrentonx