YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

This is an expensive winter for me too. I don't want to tally my haul but it does scare me. In December alone I got the YF-29 VF-19 Kai VF-1j Hikaru VF-25 g renewal and the VF-4. I would like to say after the VF-171 CF I am done but I would just be lying to myself.

LOL, my wallet bled like it was sacrificed to the hoary froating head! I bought 1x VF-171 Armored Parts, 2x VF-17 Super Parts, 1x VF-17D with Super Parts combo set, 1x VF-19P, 1x VF-19F(completed emerald force) 2x VF-4G's, 1x VF-1A Max TV, 1x Zentradi Uniform and a tan colored Destroid Tomahawk.

Edited by Loop

This is by far my most expensive winter ever. Fortunately... it's looking like after the RVF-25 , YF-30, and a potential YF-19 v.2, I think I have every valk I actually care about owning.

(I'm actually saying this as a way to ensure that both Bandai and Yamato release a low-vis version of EVERYTHING shortly after I finish my collection. :lol: )

Are you sure about not having a vf-27 + super parts? If you are, kudos to you because I just have to have that bird.

This is by far my most expensive winter ever. Fortunately... it's looking like after the RVF-25 , YF-30, and a potential YF-19 v.2, I think I have every valk I actually care about owning.

(I'm actually saying this as a way to ensure that both Bandai and Yamato release a low-vis version of EVERYTHING shortly after I finish my collection. :lol: )

It's the same with me. But I have to add the VF-27. Even if they don't do a renewal they have to do at least a reissue of the original one. I have to throw a few super/armor/tornado parts int the mix but I changed my Transformers collection habits so it should be o.k.....

....and there is the S.H.Monsterarts Vajra.

*sigh*

Still manageable though.

I'm really perfectly alright not bothering with the VF-27, since I still have my original release, and I don't think the extra parts add anything to it really.. in fact, I suspect they'll just break the transformation.

Aside from getting the RVF and YF-30, I think the rest of what I would ever consider buying from Bandai is going to be pre-order webshop exclusive stuff, which isn't that expensive by comparison, and won't be anything I have to worry about mashing the refresh button for on all these webshops.

As for Yamato though.. I'm pretty much just waiting for a new YF-19, and that's it. If they come up with something amazing, I might buy it, but I'll probably wait for a sale. I've pretty much burned myself out this past year, and my closet of Macross boxes is getting too full to hold much more. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

NY have re-opened the pre-order at an increased price. ¥21,000. Won't be long before it matches the price of the first release. Maybe then they'll increase the price of that one.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4450-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-30th-anniversary-color-reissue.html

Edited by IXTL

LOL, my wallet bled like it was sacrificed to the hoary froating head! I bought 1x VF-171 Armored Parts, 2x VF-17 Super Parts, 1x VF-17D with Super Parts combo set, 1x VF-19P, 1x VF-19F(completed emerald force) 2x VF-4G's, 1x VF-1A Max TV, 1x Zentradi Uniform and a tan colored Destroid Tomahawk.

That was a hard month for your wallet too. Even harder than my wallet lol.

That was a hard month for your wallet too. Even harder than my wallet lol.

Yeah luckily, I only really collect Macross right now. I ended up saving cash over the course of the year to build up a reserve for all these releases.

NY have re-opened the pre-order at an increased price. ¥21,000. Won't be long before it matches the price of the first release. Maybe then they'll increase the price of that one.

http://www.nippon-ya...or-reissue.html

I hope so, so I don't feel bad about spending so much money one month before the re-release announcement. :D

Who would have thought that the doing another production run of a toy that was an exclusive for the 30th anniversary of SDF Macross.

Maybe I should have taken into account that the show aired from 1982 to 1983 :p .

Ah, it's only money. I probably have bought something stupid with it and my employer has plenty of it were that came from. ;)

Edited by Scyla

Well there's two ways to look at this...

On the one hand, yes, they're hiking the prices up according to demand.

On the other, they still have them in stock, because people aren't so quick to grab them up at those prices. As long as they're better than ebay, I'll keep going there.

The situation does make the entire "demand" thing seem a bit false though. I don't think the actual demand is anywhere near what it looks like from the pre-order sellout. It's just an illusion perpetrated by the scalpers who buy up the cheap ones quickly, hoping to resell them for a profit. They're not interested in owning the product at all, or there wouldn't be any left anywhere. Once the price hits a certain point, and their profit margin drops, they don't bother snapping them up, which leaves the people who actually want the items to pick up the crumbs.

It's turning into a really weird study of economics and human greed. People are playing the collectors market like they do with stocks, hoping to buy low and sell high, and creating a false sense of scarcity, while Bandai sits up in it's fancy headquarters watching the markets scramble and fight over whatever number of products they decided to produce (reminds me of John Cleese's part in that movie Rat Race :p).

Unfortunately, we just happen to be the end users of an item that seems incredibly rare, but probably isn't, while scalpers attempt to profit off of the false sense of demand they've created. And sadly, it's probably working wonderfully.

Edited by Chronocidal

30th anniversary super parts are still available without markup. Maybe Bandai make too much of those. So they have to reissue the valkyrie in order to move the extra super parts.

The parts are still not released for this model. If I am correct they come out right before or during the summer months. I've had mine on pre-order since they opened up. They actually went down in price on NY.

Edited by Loop

My YF-29 arrived today from Japan :0 Ended up buying it on Rakuten for 210 shipped to GF's house, then had her ship it here. Ended up being freaking the same as NY-san in the end -_-

However, had a blast adding a black wash and then using swabs dipped in alcohol to get some nice panel lines ^_^. Just watch out for the yellow paint! It comes off easy with rubbing alcohol! (judging by the slight yellow I found on my swabs after taking off the excess wash.

I was doing this at work since it's a pretty quiet night shift today in the NOC :D

post-25-0-45081400-1358238799_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-84464700-1358238806_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-65019600-1358238812_thumb.jpg

My YF-29 arrived today from Japan :0 Ended up buying it on Rakuten for 210 shipped to GF's house, then had her ship it here. Ended up being freaking the same as NY-san in the end -_-

However, had a blast adding a black wash and then using swabs dipped in alcohol to get some nice panel lines ^_^. Just watch out for the yellow paint! It comes off easy with rubbing alcohol! (judging by the slight yellow I found on my swabs after taking off the excess wash.

I was doing this at work since it's a pretty quiet night shift today in the NOC :D

Nice, the detailing really pops with the white version of this YF-29 color scheme.

I knew people would come around on this valk. I really loved it at first sight, but then they made the changes to the fold quartz colors and I had second thoughts. I am glad I did not cancel my pre-order on this one as I still like it even though they used purple for all the fold quartz.

Received my first release 30th anniversery YF-29 yesterday from Nippon-Yassan.

Liking it much more than expected. Colour scheme looks really good. Just wish it had the skulls on the tail fins as well.

I know Nippon-Yassan has received some flak recently for their packing, but the packing on mine was fine. Sturdy enough shipping carton, with no damage and full of pink paper to protect the toy box from moving around inside the carton. Can't really ask for more.

One think I noticed is that the wing tabs seem to lock into the lower legs much more securely than my YF-29 Alto. One of my many pet peeves with the Alto version is that the locking between the lower legs and wings in fighter mode is not secure enough and the legs are always unlocking and droooping down. I'll have to compare the tabs on the two toys later and see if any improvements were made.

Graham

It'd molded Black for most of the nose unless they felt like painting the underside too. I took apart my YF-29 to fix a funny off-set front landing gear door and got a nice look.

You can also look through your front landing gear doors and see that the inside is black, not white.

Edited by Duymon

I'd argue this valk scheme is better than the Alto, but the Alto one is canon and therefore I had to procure that one first....

I know it's been said before, but my ONLY gripe with the YF-29 30th is....

Y U NO Green Canopy?!? -_-

Edited by Duymon

I'd argue this valk scheme is better than the Alto, but the Alto one is canon and therefore I had to procure that one first.... I know it's been said before, but my ONLY gripe with the YF-29 30th is.... Y U NO Green Canopy?!? -_-/>

I'm the opposite, I really cannot get into the Alto version as I don't like the look of the colour. But I found this version to be very visually appealing. Plus that purple canopy compliments the 30th anniversary colour scheme imho

Received my first release 30th anniversery YF-29 yesterday from Nippon-Yassan.

Liking it much more than expected. Colour scheme looks really good. Just wish it had the skulls on the tail fins as well.

I know Nippon-Yassan has received some flak recently for their packing, but the packing on mine was fine. Sturdy enough shipping carton, with no damage and full of pink paper to protect the toy box from moving around inside the carton. Can't really ask for more.

One think I noticed is that the wing tabs seem to lock into the lower legs much more securely than my YF-29 Alto. One of my many pet peeves with the Alto version is that the locking between the lower legs and wings in fighter mode is not secure enough and the legs are always unlocking and droooping down. I'll have to compare the tabs on the two toys later and see if any improvements were made.

Graham

Hey Graham, you're in Hong Kong and you were not able to buy the YF-29 in Hong Kong? I would think it would be at least somewhat available.