YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Bandai-ed!

Yeah, I emailed them and they said that they received less stock than originally anticipated and that mine along with a few others could not have their orders filled. They're still trying to get stock so my order is just sitting around until they can or it's determined that they cannot.

I swear the folks in charge of production and distribution of the DX Macross line have no clue.

-b.

Well, i got my YF-29, and i have to say.... shes a great toy! This is my first Bandai Valk, and i was nervous but so far Im really happy. Transform is a bit tight into battroid, but not impossible, and nothing in the transform reached YF-21 levels of frustration for me.

My only issue is transforming the arms back into fighter; I pop the shoulders EVERY time I do it, and thats getting a bit annoying.

Well, i got my YF-29, and i have to say.... shes a great toy! This is my first Bandai Valk, and i was nervous but so far Im really happy. Transform is a bit tight into battroid, but not impossible, and nothing in the transform reached YF-21 levels of frustration for me.

My only issue is transforming the arms back into fighter; I pop the shoulders EVERY time I do it, and thats getting a bit annoying.

I have not opened my YF-29 anniversary, but my original YF-29's shoulder pieces rest in the box. Rather than scratching them when transforming it back to fighter i just gave up.

Can someone explain to me why the anniversary edition has the SMS printings on the shoulder and leg parts? The way I see it this should be reminiscent of the VF-1S Roy Focker so why no U.N.Spacy printing? Or if it is a SMS bird so why no SMS logos especially when it has the SMS stand. I guess it is a SMS fighter *shrug*.

Or am I missing anything?

It's an awesome Valkyrie for sure but I'm a little bit confused. :unsure:

I just noticed that the 30th anniversary edition doesn't come with a painted display base (unlike the regular YF-29 Alto Custom). I don't know why but I must be the only person in the universe that likes the (painted) display stand that is included with the V1 Super Armor and V2 Frontier Valks. Since I plan do display the fighter next to my other Frontier I need unified display stands. The VF-171 CF gets a pass because it is not a SMS aircraft (if I manage to grab one that is).

From what I heard these stands are not very popular. So does collectors sell them on the after market or knows how to replicate the painted look? I really love the solid and smooth paint job so I would hate if any brush strokes or paint noses.

Thanks in advance :)

If you're so inclined, a little masking with tape an a rattle can of paint should give you satisfactory results; of course, matching the orange-yellow that Bandai uses may prove a challenge.

That might work. I have access to a tool to analyze what kind of color that is. Maybe I can get a car body painter to mix up a little bit of that color and apply it with a spraying gun. Thanks mechaninac!

That might work. I have access to a tool to analyze what kind of color that is. Maybe I can get a car body painter to mix up a little bit of that color and apply it with a spraying gun. Thanks mechaninac!

Carefull, the styrene family of plastics doesn't react too well to the solvents used in automotive paints, unless you use the lastest water based variety, but you'd do well to use a plastic friendly primer like Krylon first... just to be safe.

Chances are 50/50 really. It's my understanding that HLJ will open some orders based on anticipated inventory. I'm guessing you're in the same boat as me waiting to see if more stock becomes available, and if so good luck.

-b.

A question for any else who managed to place an order when HLJ listed the toy a second time, then closed it again...what are the chances we will ever see those orders completed? Also, why would HLJ take additional orders if they didn't have the stock available?

Did HLJ ask you for payment yet? I had already paid for mine and it's sitting in the private warehouse, just waiting for a few things before I get them to ship it. But whether they'll tell me it's out of stock when I ask them to ship will be another story. I think another member here had a problem where he had an item sitting in the private warehouse, but it was no longer available when he requested them to ship it. If HLJ's taking stock away from people who keep things in the private warehouse, that's a really bad way of doing business.

But if you ordered when the status was "backordered" but still open, chances of getting the Valk may be pretty slim. My Cavaliers are still in backordered status from the sale they had a couple of months ago. The GBPS armour I had in backorder status from July was canceled a few weeks ago.

Edited by Phalanix

If you paid then they have one for you. I ordered the 25G at the exact time and its been paid and shipped after HLJ split the initial order (initially both items on ONE order) in two.

-b.

NO that is not true. Look a few pages back to what happened to me. Not only did I pay for one, but also paid for shipping. Then after a week of waiting for the shipping notice I emailed them wondering if it had shipped yet. They sent me a response that said ooops we made a mistake. We don't have one for you. They then canceled my order, refunded my money, and gave me a 10% off coupon for a new order.

Kinda wish they didn't just cancel my order (I didn't ask them to) because they put out another order for them a few days later that I missed.

Chris

NO that is not true. Look a few pages back to what happened to me. Not only did I pay for one, but also paid for shipping. Then after a week of waiting for the shipping notice I emailed them wondering if it had shipped yet. They sent me a response that said ooops we made a mistake. We don't have one for you. They then canceled my order, refunded my money, and gave me a 10% off coupon for a new order.

Kinda wish they didn't just cancel my order (I didn't ask them to) because they put out another order for them a few days later that I missed.

Chris

Sorry, not sure how I missed that. My order hasn't been cancelled so I still have some hope of getting one thru HLJ. So good luck to everyone that hasn't had it actually ship yet.

-b.

What was really annoying to me was I paid for the thing, it went into my private warehouse, and then I made a shipment with it which they sent a separate payment request for (which is normal). At no point did they tell me they didn't have one they waited until I emailed them asking about my order. Was the only time HLJ has ever screwed up with me, but it was quite disappointing as I really want one. :(

Chris

Did HLJ ask you for payment yet? I had already paid for mine and it's sitting in the private warehouse, just waiting for a few things before I get them to ship it. But whether they'll tell me it's out of stock when I ask them to ship will be another story. I think another member here had a problem where he had an item sitting in the private warehouse, but it was no longer available when he requested them to ship it. If HLJ's taking stock away from people who keep things in the private warehouse, that's a really bad way of doing business.

But if you ordered when the status was "backordered" but still open, chances of getting the Valk may be pretty slim. My Cavaliers are still in backordered status from the sale they had a couple of months ago. The GBPS armour I had in backorder status from July was canceled a few weeks ago.

I have not yet received any payment requests. I have been able to place orders for a Cavaliers (currently listed as Backordered) and a VF-1S (currently listed as Discontinued). At this point it'll be short of a miracle if HLJ manages to fill both orders. I placed the order for the VF-1S in the short window when they allowed orders a couple of weeks ago. I get the impression I'm in a waitlist holding pattern in case they get a few more toys.

Btw, what was the price you reserved your Cavaliers for?

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I have not yet received any payment requests. I have been able to place orders for a Cavaliers (currently listed as Backordered) and a VF-1S (currently listed as Discontinued). At this point it'll be short of a miracle if HLJ manages to fill both orders. I placed the order for the VF-1S in the short window when they allowed orders a couple of weeks ago. I get the impression I'm in a waitlist holding pattern in case they get a few more toys.

Btw, what was the price you reserved your Cavaliers for?

I ordered the YF-29S during that window where it was opened, got the payment request about a week after. Paid for it, and it's in the private warehouse now (hopefully). Either way, gotta wait til next week to know as HLJ's on holidays.

I got the Cavaliers when they had the recent sale, I think it was like 40% or 50% off? It was almost like 2 for the price of 1, iirc. I ordered 3, but I contemplated for too long and by the time I went to order them they were in backordered status. When HobbySearch re-opened their orders for the Cavaliers, I picked one up from them and removed one from HLJ so I would have at least one in my collection.

So right now I have 2 Cavaliers on standby from HLJ, hopefully they'll be able to fufill, but I'm not holding my breath. =(