YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

I got my first one on Friday (from AE) and I love it. I would've preferred the green canopy too but I'll live with what I got. I have a second one on the way from HLJ. The box was a little dinged but nothing major. Just like my original 29, I had a hell of a time transforming the arms. Surprisinginly the head transformation was much smoother this time around as I usually have trouble with that. On closer inspection, I can see where I'll need to be careful with the paint application. There is a very miniscule scratch on the tip where the nose folds for Battroid mode so I was extra careful so that it doesn't get worse. It's barely noticable though. Everything is nice and tight and this baby is going back in fighter mode for the majority of her life in my fleet of Valks.

I'm ready for an Ozma version now B))

NY came through for me, I received it today. Took a while to ship out but only in transit for four days. Packaging was on the light side, so there are a couple of creases and dents in the box - otherwise all good.

I really like the color scheme, but you just get a sense that it could have been better....real VF-1s scheme or the OZMA version.....

The Valk seems really well put together (much tighter than my other 29's, everything fits together really well), no QC issues on this copy...

Tip:

Easiest way i know to post pictures here it´s uploading the pics directly to facebook, (you can use any pic of your facebook gallery)

Then right click on the picture and copy URL,

And reply the post using the "add image" button, then paste the URL in the frame and that´s all :3 (also can use directly the "img" code to the URL)

12768_4538103207586_531126951_n.jpg

Edited by Drackie

Just got mine this morning (as well as the art of Journey :3) - all good, except ONLY soft rubber head turrets? C'MON! Guess I'll make some in shapeways, except, I'll print a few dozen - otherwise not worth the postage...

Also my shield barely stays put with the lame clip? First world problems - looks sexy in my Fokker-shrine;

post-1623-0-82977700-1351558047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurisama

Well, any takers?

post-1623-0-81202900-1351572290_thumb.jpg

Trying to upload to shapeways but the site was timing out and now not accessible at all.

Although now I've put my bendy turrets in hot water and straightened them out - not sure if this is needed?

Edited by Kurisama

I broke down, ordered and paid for one of these from Nippon along with a set of Fast-Packs that are being released in May. Afterward I looked at their FAQ and saw that items ordered with pre-orders won't ship until the pre-order comes in...

which means I won't get my YF-29 until May... :(

I broke down, ordered and paid for one of these from Nippon along with a set of Fast-Packs that are being released in May. Afterward I looked at their FAQ and saw that items ordered with pre-orders won't ship until the pre-order comes in...

Email them about it if you want them shipped separately. They probably don't really want your YF-29 in their storage that long either.

Well, any takers?

post-1623-0-81202900-1351572290_thumb.jpg

Trying to upload to shapeways but the site was timing out and now not accessible at all.

Although now I've put my bendy turrets in hot water and straightened them out - not sure if this is needed?

I would gladly order 2 sets, but I'm not sure they ship to my country.

Where do u live? I'm thinking about just ordering a dozen or more, then just post them to ppl who want them at a decent price - like less than $10AUD once I spread the cost of shipping and postage. Just gotta wait for the storm to blow over and shapeways to come back online.

I'm just concerned at the fragility of these small pieces and what not.

Back to the topic at hand - I'm loving this valk more as the hours roll by - pretty swish. I wish the large kibble-back-pack could compress more or fold up a tad - sooooo back heavy.

Same here, broke down and ordered a second one from NP when they had it for 22,500 Yen and noticed they bump it back up to 23,500 Yen now. If they bump it back up that quick, demand is higher than the VF-25G and VF-171EX given both are on sale for quite some time. I got a feeling this one will be hard to find at retail now unless you are in Japan, and doubt Bandai will ever reissue this one given it's a 30th Anniversary version. Only chance to pay retail if HLJ has more excess stock to sell.

Where do u live? I'm thinking about just ordering a dozen or more, then just post them to ppl who want them at a decent price - like less than $10AUD once I spread the cost of shipping and postage. Just gotta wait for the storm to blow over and shapeways to come back online.

I'm just concerned at the fragility of these small pieces and what not.

Back to the topic at hand - I'm loving this valk more as the hours roll by - pretty swish. I wish the large kibble-back-pack could compress more or fold up a tad - sooooo back heavy.

I'd be tempted to get a set. I would just be worried about the strength of the little pegs.

I really hate the pvc head lasers as I can never lay them down flat in fighter mode because the pvc twists on the peg area and causes the gun to slowly rise up. It's the only real fail in the toy, considering that they made plastic head lasers for the version 1 armored VF-25S that came before this. They should have at least included a separate set of plastic ones like they did with the renewal VF-25S and G.

not to be a party pooper guys, but a friend of mine encountered a QC issue with his unit...Apparently, the production wrongly installed the 'ankle-ring' on the left leg. I'll try to upload the pics asap.

Edit: Here it is:

548328_215895328542582_918052828_n.jpg

Edited by boyarque

Got mine yesterday. This is my first Mac F valk and I must say I'm pretty pleased with it. The only QC image I've come across is the fin on the head arrived bent....an easy fix. I was also pleasantly suprised that the yellow was deeper yellow than the yellow lemon light that we've seen in the promo photos.

That being said, I'm prepping it for a low-vis paint job! :D