According to IGN, Michael Fassbender (Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto in X-Men: First Class, David in Prometheus) has been cast in an upcoming film adaptation of Ubisoft's popular game series Assassin's Creed. He will play the role of Callum Lynch and Aguilar, original characters for this film. Also starring are Marion Cotillard (Mal in Inception, Miranda/Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises), Michael K. Williams (Robert in 12 Years a Slave, Omar in The Wire), Ariane Labed (French actress making her Hollywood debut), Jeremy Irons (Simon Gruber in Die Hard with a Vengeance, Tiberias in Kingdom of Heaven), and Brendan Gleeson (Hamish in Braveheart, Mad-Eye in Harry Potter).

Assassin's Creed is directed by Justin Kurzel (Macbeth) and is set for release on December 21, 2016.

Michael Fassbender Cast in Assassin's Creed Movie

Edited by areaseven

ed: okay, I'll bite. Did the game at least not suck?

Which one?

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (for mobile phones)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (for mobile phones)

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles (for mobile phones)

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines

Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (for mobile phones)

Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy

Assassin's Creed: Multiplayer Rearmed

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

>snip<

Yeah, that's was totally mature/called for. *blocklisted*

Anyways, I'd wait until a director is announced. AC has a very good story and a wonderful art style, I can see it being boiled down to a very good film. What's going to make or break this is budget and having the proper minds behind it.

I'll be honest though; I like Michael Fassbender, but I'm having a hard time picturing him as a Altair or Ezio.

:edit:

Actually, The First AC could be a lot better in movie form if done right. You could have all of the excellent story, visuals and cinematic fight scenes without having to go through the same 6 investigation tasks over and over and over and over for 9 strait missions. :p

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

crap music choice, I mean, that's just bad.

Or will he jump in random directions to his death from extremely high objects?

No he'll quit half way through because he gets stuck doing another tail the target/follow mission...

• 5 months later...