1/60 VF-0C/D Custom

Kurisama

Plodding along, plodding along - as of today I'm 100% free for a week or so until some freelance work comes in - working on the v-stabs and leg attachments; easily the most tricky part.

I know some of you are chomping on the bit for progress and updates - I ask you to please be patient, I have to take work when I can get it!! No guaranteed income until early March next year, so... :S

Also, thanks for the encouragement and support from all of you - really helps when this thing gets tedious and boring.

Ok fellas - its boiled down to this;

Due to the angle of the shins in fighter mode - I can't make the bridging plate that would cover the space between the delta wing and unfolded back-pack plate (my original idea was to make this plate to be glued to the back of the shin, this would lock the legs to the delta wing and also be the base of the v-stab). So my option is to make a new shin - which is a lot of work and I want to put this on shapeways ASAP (running pretty low on funds... I won't be even able to order this when it is uploaded :() - even though it may help later on down the track when I begin the leg armour for the PWS-0X. I also tried to angle the double-knee joint as the VF-1 does for FAST pack attachments - this makes the Zero floppy.

So - my solution (and it will rub a lot of people the wrong way) is to attach the the v-stabs to the inner edge of the delta wing, VF-25 style - it will fold and sit partially flush, I say partially - cause they're partly angled!

Pics up soon - thoughts on this?

Ok fellas - its boiled down to this;

Due to the angle of the shins in fighter mode - I can't make the bridging plate that would cover the space between the delta wing and unfolded back-pack plate (my original idea was to make this plate to be glued to the back of the shin, this would lock the legs to the delta wing and also be the base of the v-stab). So my option is to make a new shin - which is a lot of work and I want to put this on shapeways ASAP (running pretty low on funds... I won't be even able to order this when it is uploaded :() - even though it may help later on down the track when I begin the leg armour for the PWS-0X. I also tried to angle the double-knee joint as the VF-1 does for FAST pack attachments - this makes the Zero floppy.

So - my solution (and it will rub a lot of people the wrong way) is to attach the the v-stabs to the inner edge of the delta wing, VF-25 style - it will fold and sit partially flush, I say partially - cause they're partly angled!

Pics up soon - thoughts on this?

I'd say anybody who complains you made a VF-0D of any variety when NOBODY else has made one at all should shove it. Also, if you get this stuff uploaded to Shapeways I'll order you a set personally.

Thanks Mommar! And thank you for the offer - it is really generous, but I couldn't accept that, that's asking too much! It does make me proud to be a member of this forum tho, this community is awesome. I'm just going to hope I can score some freelance soon! But in any case - thank you for the gesture, Mommar - lets see how this all goes ~ I may just have to take you up on the offer if I can't wait until March next year!

So, without further ado here is the v-stab wip;

post-1623-0-95448300-1352952948_thumb.jpg

Picture A shows the V-stabs in the position they should be in.

Pic B shows them moved to the side to in the approximate postion they'll be with the swivel component missing at the base.

Pic B2 shows how they'll fold down for battroid.

Pic B3 shows that the bottom end tips will intersect if they stay in this position - I could shave these tips off at an angle - but I'm already fudging line art here...

Pic C shows the v-stabs moved forward slightly to allow the v-stabs to not intersect when swung back, such as in Pic C2.

After adding all the panel lines and small details - I just need to polish the proportions and detail on the long-neglected head-unit!

EDIT; Why do all my pics get re-sized always when I post?

EDIT 2; Bigger rez pic;o38qr.jpg

Edited by Kurisama

Uploading to shapeways (everything minus the head-unit) after some tweaks and mesh fixes - will update with prices shortly.

I love how its not as simple as setting your 3D scene to millimetres and choosing millimetres as the upload parameter at shapeways - gotta scale up by 10x in my scene then export, then it shrinks it down the other end.. siiiiiigh.

OK - here we go!

VF-0C Converison Kit type A; http://www.shapeways...oductBox-search

VF-0C Converison Kit type B; http://www.shapeways...oductBox-search

post-1623-0-74441600-1353047372_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-91518000-1353047362_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-97280000-1353047356_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-76837400-1353047360_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-68808600-1353047364_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-82452400-1353047369_thumb.jpg

These are of course un-tested, but they are up for order - so you may get to the point a few days after you order and it'll come back as 'un-printable' as Shapeways have tightened up their tolerances rather crazily. There are some pretty tight tolerances on this model - enjoy!

Head unit is on the back burner now as I have some potential freelance work coming and I have to free up my schedule :(

Looking beautiful. :) I'll see if I can order a set soon and test it out, but I do hope there's a way to figure out the attachments for the legs without having to make an entirely new lower leg section.

Darn, now you have my brain working overtime trying to picture what the issue you mentioned is. :lol: Does it just conflict too much with the tail section to add the plates onto the calves?

Edit: DOH.. I just had a thought... too late to change things now, but I had a thought about the outer pylon.

Technically, the rail you already have probably is the pylon.. so adding another pylon to that might look a little odd. I was going to suggest a different style outer pylon that you could attach another missile directly to, but then the question becomes, "which missile?" Having a universal mount is probably better anyway.

But for a future idea though, maybe a single rail holding something like a sidewinder or AMRAAM would look good. :) Or just a plain rail with pegs to attach a single missile off one of the stock clusters (though.. the missiles would need work, since they've got the fins aligned wrong for a rail mount).

Heck.. Maybe I should just start fiddling with this shapeways stuff and make a set of missiles and pylons to go with anything. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Mommar - I'd go with white strong and flexible for maximum strength and peace of mind it won't break. Frosted detail would be great for the details and smoothness but the draw back is the price and I'm not sure about the strength. WSF polished will require a coat or two of primer, sanding and then a few coats of paint to maximize smoothness.

Chrono - yeah, I thought about this too - we'll never know how it looks exactly until someone slaps a missile on it! I'd always imagined the VF-1 nukes on it. I can fix it later if it a total disaster - worst comes to worst, shave and sand it off!

Valhary - thank you! Really! I sincerely hope there are no hiccups with your order - and thanks for the $5!

Gwfalcon - cheers dude! Thanks for the support :D

No. It was one of those I may or may not know something about something that may or may not happen cryptic type messages.

Said it many times, Yamato makes the VF-0D, I'll buy all of it's version and stop collecting Macross. Till V3 of the Vf-01. :p

So made this today;

post-1623-0-45683300-1353417330_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-21837600-1353417336_thumb.jpg

Available here; http://www.shapeways.com/model/784295/gunpod-cart-fenix.html?li=

Made one for the VF-1's gunpod too; http://www.shapeways.com/model/784300/gunpod-cart-valkyrie.html?li=

I've also scrapped the partially built VF-0D head that was based off the 1/72, why? Because the one from the VF-0 Master File looks a lot better - will post when there is something to post :D

So made this today;

post-1623-0-45683300-1353417330_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-21837600-1353417336_thumb.jpg

Available here; http://www.shapeways...-fenix.html?li=

Made one for the VF-1's gunpod too; http://www.shapeways...lkyrie.html?li=

I've also scrapped the partially built VF-0D head that was based off the 1/72, why? Because the one from the VF-0 Master File looks a lot better - will post when there is something to post :D

wow, realy amazing !!!

ordered...

I thank you, really. I'm quite nervous actually - hoping they go through without a problem and much more nervouse the finish and quality and sculpt are good enough for the average MW fanatic... :ph34r:

So you're saying I have to send you a 1/48 to work with?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That'll just be another can of worms!!! I can't handle it, lol! I'll tell you what, once I've exhausted my 1/60 juice, I'll hit you up. :D