Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks great. How much sanding/ filing did you do? Any issues with painting?

Lots of both. It's nearly impossible to get in every nook and cranny. Painting wasn't bad on the gun or grey parts, primer, sand, primer, sand, primer and paint. I used Model Master enamels. The white and yellow missiles were more of a pain. I finally ended up using white spray paint from Home Depot and Tamiya yellow TS spray paint for the tips.

Looks great :D Almost inspiring me to finish mine! Great work dude.

Thanks! Next time I have my Arcadia 19 or my Yamato VF-19F in Battroid mode, I'll get some pics of it on his arm!

• 2 weeks later...

Kurisama, I just looked at your storefront. Say a ton of stuff I want. The arm weapon systems from M+, the HMM's. I would like replacement wings for the VF-11 and YF-19 with hardpoints. And of course Armor protect systems for the VF-0 and VF-11.

Excellent work offering things that we've not been able to get. Well done sir.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

• 3 weeks later...

Does the thickness of the actual arm attachment clip seem fragile at all? Fragile in that the tension caused by putting it on will wear on it over time. Was this a FUD order from shapeways?

Not fragile at all. It's a tight fit, no doubt, but it's solid. That being said, obviously I was very careful the first time! I got the highest grade available at the time. Which I think was one under the highest they offer. Kurisama had to have them put it back up in a higher grade material for some reason they had take the high grade options down.

Sounds like a lot of work. Alas I have no skill for painting my model kits... :(

Painting is one of those skills that can be obtained. Lots of info on the internet of how to get started. You'd be surprised what a few easy tricks can do.

Painting is one of those skills that can be obtained. Lots of info on the internet of how to get started. You'd be surprised what a few easy tricks can do.

Indeed - the only to get better is to do it.

I was a novice a few years ago, scared to mess up - but I said screw it and started customizing. After a few attempts you learn how to handle the models and paint - then it gets easier exponetially. Not saying I'm a pro, but I'm not afraid to paint something up anymore and/or work on customs. Try it. You might like it.

Shades and washes are your friend... Highlighting also good... Fine tipped brushes and good paint. Alas, all I have been using lately are citidel paints, for painting Warhammer 40k minis (water based latex acryllic. For something going on a toy, I'd probably go with testors enamels, and washes or something similar. Washing is your friend, gets in the cracks and crevices, that's how I'd go about doing panel lines on my toys, if I felt brave enough...).

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

• 3 months later...

So I'm sitting here doing a uni assignment - and colouring a drawing and got carried away;

post-1623-0-50211900-1436031620_thumb.jpg

Now I'm looking at my old yammie VF-22S Gamlin type, and thinking - I really want to make those anime accurate legs and some improvements to the toy...

What kind of interest is there in this? I know I've mentioned it before, but what I'm thinking is a new assembly from the hip joints down; removable for fighter mode and usable in gerwalk. Probably redo the hip plates too. I've been thinking about a bracket to insert to make the nose more locked in battroid. Also change the detailing in the inner helmet somewhat.

In any case will tinker with it and update when there is progress.

PS - I meant to say I want to give it an Ozma or Rau inspired paint job.

Edited by Kurisama

So I'm sitting here doing a uni assignment - and colouring a drawing and got carried away;

attachicon.gifYF-21 1-60 SCAN Alt colour ALL.jpg

Now I'm looking at my old yammie VF-22S Gamlin type, and thinking - I really want to make those anime accurate legs and some improvements to the toy...

What kind of interest is there in this? I know I've mentioned it before, but what I'm thinking is a new assembly from the hip joints down; removable for fighter mode and usable in gerwalk. Probably redo the hip plates too. I've been thinking about a bracket to insert to make the nose more locked in battroid. Also change the detailing in the inner helmet somewhat.

In any case will tinker with it and update when there is progress.

PS - I meant to say I want to give it an Ozma or Rau inspired paint job.

Cool! VF-22's legs! Hope it's YF-21 compatible as well, Kurisama. Looking forward to it. ;)

Btw, any plans on refitting the Arm Cannon on Bandai's VF-19 Advanced? ^_^

Edited by no3ljm