DOOKU IS HAPPENING! I REEEEEAAALY hoped this guy would eventually happen and not just get the silent cancellation treatment, exclusive or not, and he is, and he is an exclusive of course. Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan and Dooku are on the way, mass release for Obi-Wan, Dooku is web exclusive. Either way, both will absolutely be mine.

image.png.0145f71b9a03798826cb0271ac8fd8a3.png

Edited by Tking22

59 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Got Tien in today... literally just a Krillin purchase away at this point from having a completed Z fighters team. Feels good man.

You should look in to the Demoniacal Fit upgrade kit for this guy and Yamcha, I highly recommend it. Solid price, nice paint and plastic quality. Gives you a short hair option for Yamcha, and the green top for Tien. Easy installation, and fantastic results.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

You should look in to the Demoniacal Fit upgrade kit for this guy and Yamcha, I highly recommend it. Solid price, nice paint and plastic quality. Gives you a short hair option for Yamcha, and the green top for Tien. Easy installation, and fantastic results.

LoL; they're coming Thursday!

11 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

And it came. I dig the Tien options but really am looking forward to my Yamcha coming in since he uses the bulk.

There's also Demoniacal Fit Super Saiyan Blue heads for 2.0 Vegeta and Super Saiyan Goku, I haven't ordered those myself but I've heard and seen good things about those as well. And if you're willing, a whole Ginyu Force is coming from Demoniacal Fit, Captain Ginyu is already released and is getting really solid reviews, I may bite. I know you do third party Transformers so I'd wager third party Figuarts Dragon Ball stuff could be something of interest as well.

Tien is looking good! The top doesn't add much, literally, but it completes the look IMO, shirtless Tien was only on occasion. Yamcha is excellent, you'll dig him even more so when you get his short hair on, nothing wrong with the long hair Bandai did, but I prefer the short hair look for my Yamcha. I contemplated buying another due to my OCD wanting a long hair option as well, but I can't be dropping that kind of coin for such a small change.

Damn I guess Demoniacal Fit is also doing Frieza Soldiers, in several colors no less! Ginyu seems mostly solid, I watched a few reviews and he's not perfect, but he looks pretty damn nice for their first whole figure. Jace looks like he's next, I always liked Jace. If these are in scale, how big will Recoome be? He should be the biggest figure among official and non-official DBZ Figuarts right? I mean, he was a beast, he should be bigger then Broly and Nappa.

I'm aware of all of the df releases. I don't like the vegeta and Goku heads so I sold them and sent my vegeta heads off to get custom painted instead. 

The Ginyu 3 pack is actually out for delivery today so looking forward to them. And yea man; Recoome would be insane but would he be taller than Evil Buu?

Yamcha (and sdcc piccolo and ultimate Gohan and another SSIII boku 2.0) are also being delivered today and I need to find another yamcha to have multiple sagas displayed. It'd be sick of DF could do his torso from Dragonball. 

I'm seeing some complaints of leg looseness in Ginyu, but not much else as far as QC, some occasional paint mishaps here and there but my official figures are no better, it's hit and miss from figure to figure. I like him, I also got an Ebay coupon this morning for 15% off anything so I snagged a Ginyu, $47 shipped works for me.

Most of the complaints I am seeing are about price, but it's third party so it is what is is, you either like and want the figure and will play ball or you don't and won't. For some reason I HIGHLY doubt we'll see a full Figuarts Ginyu Force, I could be wrong, but they were quite minor even if they have a dedicated little fan base. I could see maybe Ginyu, but even then I'd see him as an inevitable TWE release, the rest of the team? Probably too risky even if they tried to make each a TWE release.

39 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I'm seeing some complaints of leg looseness in Ginyu, but not much else as far as QC, some occasional paint mishaps here and there but my official figures are no better, it's hit and miss from figure to figure. I like him, I also got an Ebay coupon this morning for 15% off anything so I snagged a Ginyu, $47 shipped works for me.

Most of the complaints I am seeing are about price, but it's third party so it is what is is, you either like and want the figure and will play ball or you don't and won't. For some reason I HIGHLY doubt we'll see a full Figuarts Ginyu Force, I could be wrong, but they were quite minor even if they have a dedicated little fan base. I could see maybe Ginyu, but even then I'd see him as an inevitable TWE release, the rest of the team? Probably too risky even if they tried to make each a TWE release.

Honestly Figuarts official jumps back and forth between so many sagas at random that it's almost a joke and now that the line is pretty much reset with the 2.0s we're literally at a (much better) square one, so who knows anything anymore. 

On 9/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, Tking22 said:

Lol I was honestly expecting a Ryu or Ken repaint next, Evil Ryu or something. Or Dan, I love me some Dan.

I’d buy a Dan, he’s hilarious.  But somebody unique like Blanka is cool.  Odd that a nobody like that white fuevined guy who’s name I can’t even recall got a general release but a classic like Blanka is web only.

Obi-Wan is up for pre-order sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah the DBZ Figuarts releases are getting more and more difficult to lock down, Bluefin is almost always how I end up even getting these newer releases. I think those reports of figures being made in smaller numbers is true, looking at HLJ, more and more of the DBZ and Star Wars stuff is being listed as one per customer, looking back, that trend really only started with Goku Black and Revenge of the Sith Anakin, which went up for pre-order when the rumors first popped up of smaller batches of figures being made.

These aren't Metal Builds, or Chogokins, or anything super high end, these really shouldn't be that difficult to pre-order. I don't want to wake up and do pre-order madness for Figuarts, that's crazy. But I guess I missed out, so maybe I should? DBZ has been, and is still insanely popular, if these are being made in smaller quantities, that's stupid as all hell, I know early on the DBZ line was almost cancelled, I think future Trunks was nearly the last release, but that's not the case anymore, Super revitalized the series for a lot of people, same with FighterZ, there's zero reason they shouldn't be pumping these out in larger numbers then ANY other Figuarts line, even Marvel and DC live action, and Star Wars.

Star Wars, Marvel, DC, they all have 1/12 alternatives, while Figure Rise does make some neat stuff, they just aren't totally comparable to a nice, finished figure. This line sells well for the most part, while there do appear to be a few shelf warmers, surprise surprise, all the popular releases are selling out nearly instantly. Does Bandai not want money? Why not make more figures? With the Bluefin shake up, I'm hoping things get a little better, we'll see.