There's another photo of Phasma side by side with the old one.  The new one looks way better. Apparently the molds for the stormtroopers are different too.  I do not like the design for Kylo Ren at all but I do like Rey.  I thought they had shown off a Rey from the end of The Force Blows but it looks like they shelved it.  Pretty sure the Praetorians are not cannon fodder.  I'd wager they're the Knights of Ren.

Odd, could only find two of the Star Wars Figuarts figures at Nippon-Yasan.  The rest at CDJapan.  Plus they put up the next three Movie Realization fiugres.  Jango Fett in Oct, Darth Maul in November and a "Shadow Trooper" (black stormtrooper reissue) in December.

19 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Nobody preordered the kid son goku?  I thought he was pretty cool. 

Of course some of us did! I nabbed DragonBall Goku, 3 ANIME Zaku I units, my Hi-Metal R VE-1, Figuarts Kingdom Hearts King Mickey, and all four of the two pack sets of the Last Jedi Figuarts. I wasn't going to get the executioner, but I'm weak, so I grabbed the two pack with the other third random Pretorian dude. They all look good, especially Phasma, her cape doesn't look as long and cumbersome, plus she's actually shiny like she should have been in the first release. I still can't tell if her cape bit is soft goods or not, even if it isn't, like I said, it's smaller then the previous version so it shouldn't nearly totally kill her articulation.

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

Nobody preordered the kid son goku?  I thought he was pretty cool. 

I would love to. Would love to have a good kid Son Goku figure in my life. :rolleyes:  But I know by doing so, I will need to buy another DB character, and another, and another... basically, ending up getting a new series of toy in which I'm trying my best not to do it anymore. So I stayed away mostly from the PO opening last night. :unsure:

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I would love to. Would love to have a good kid Son Goku figure in my life. :rolleyes:  But I know by doing so, I will need to buy another DB character, and another, and another... basically, ending up getting a new series of toy in which I'm trying my best not to do it anymore. So I stayed away mostly from the PO opening last night. :unsure:

I have to say DB figures are pretty addictive. Especially when you can get some good fix posed figures for $20. 

Here's vids of all the new crap on the horizon.  That Manga Realization Cap was hard to go back and try to track down.

Anybody interested in a Japanese Baseball player?

I forgot about that awesome new Mechagodzilla as well.

Edited by Mommar

I really need BBTS to get my Mk II and hall set in, that will make 6 total hall sets in my possession, and it will be 7 whenever Bandai announces the MK I and Mk I plus hall set. Also, I totally forgot I had three packages on the way from NY, I may be buying way too much, I only remembered two of them. I got Qui-Gon in and he's pretty fantastic, standard Jedi Robe Figuart stuff, but it looks like Liam Neeson so there you go. I also got my Patlabor Tyrant Labor, beautiful figure and I really should have grabbed two. And lastly, the package I forgot about, were my other two stand alone hall sets from the second batch of halls NY put up several months back, I LOVE these hall things, they are really cool in my opinion, I'm ready to complete my set of seven though, they are getting pricey.

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I really need BBTS to get my Mk II and hall set in, that will make 6 total hall sets in my possession, and it will be 7 whenever Bandai announces the MK I and Mk I plus hall set. Also, I totally forgot I had three packages on the way from NY, I may be buying way too much, I only remembered two of them. I got Qui-Gon in and he's pretty fantastic, standard Jedi Robe Figuart stuff, but it looks like Liam Neeson so there you go. I also got my Patlabor Tyrant Labor, beautiful figure and I really should have grabbed two. And lastly, the package I forgot about, were my other two stand alone hall sets from the second batch of halls NY put up several months back, I LOVE these hall things, they are really cool in my opinion, I'm ready to complete my set of seven though, they are getting pricey.

Did they release the Mk 4 at some point and I missed it?  I now have 2, 3 and 6 from the re-releases, skipped 7 from The Avengers because I didn't much care and never pre-ordered 5 because I was about to be without a job then.  And now I'm not sure I care because it looks kind of dull, like it needs paint apps or soemthing.  Other than the rivots being painted on instead of molded I REALLY love the silver shininess of the Mark 2 here.  It could easily stand in on be modified to be one of Tony's Arctic Armors or re-painted to look like one of the weird space suits.

BBTS gets their figuarts stuff in pretty late.  I'm still waiting on Cammy to ship and it's been available at the import stores for at least two weeks now.

Edited by Mommar

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Did they release the Mk 4 at some point and I missed it?  I now have 2, 3 and 6 from the re-releases, skipped 7 from The Avengers because I didn't much care and never pre-ordered 5 because I was about to be without a job then.  And now I'm not sure I care because it looks kind of dull, like it needs paint apps or soemthing.  Other than the rivots being painted on instead of molded I REALLY love the silver shininess of the Mark 2 here.  It could easily stand in on be modified to be one of Tony's Arctic Armors or re-painted to look like one of the weird space suits.

BBTS gets their figuarts stuff in pretty late.  I'm still waiting on Cammy to ship and it's been available at the import stores for at least two weeks now.

No Mk IV yet, he's been confirmed and was shown off at several shows, that and the MK I still need official announcements. I bought so many extra stand alone halls I'll have one for the stand alone release MK IV whenever he gets announced.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

Holy hell, the first two of the Last Jedi Figuarts are already available.  NY is about to ship the Special First Order Trooper and Captain Phasma... I wonder if I'll get the bonus BB droid?

If you added them separately then no, but if you bought the specifically labeled two pack set that says it comes with the special campaign BB unit then yes. Only certain sites were selling the two packs campaign special sets, AmiAmi and HLJ had them for sure.

This is what the campaign set with the BB unit looks like:

https://hlj.com/product/BANSW1712

And then these are the stand alone releases, which once again, if you got separately and not the bundle, they won't be coming with the BB unit.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN18657

https://hlj.com/product/BANN18655

It was pretty dumb how Bandai handled it, it confused a lot of people, and then promo shots of Rey showed her with BB-8 like it came with her, which it does not, BB-8 only comes with the Kylo two pack campaign special set. Very poorly handled, and then they didn't have the detailed info for the campaign special until nonsense up until the day AFTER the POs went up.

I never saw anything specifically labelled as a two pack at any of the webstores.  That's blows.  Looks like I'm f**cked out of all four of the BBs then.  Bandai suck at lots of things.

I'm tempted to cancel all of the PO's because I don't like to be dicked with.

Edited by Mommar

Interesting.  Did NY mess up or do all combinations of purchases result in a BB unit packaed along?  I ordered Thr Stormtrooper and  Phasma individually and got the BB-4E unit too. The question is if the same will happen with the other three sets I ordered at CDJapan (because the other weren't available immediately at NY pre-order night.)

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Interesting.  Did NY mess up or do all combinations of purchases result in a BB unit packaed along?  I ordered Thr Stormtrooper and  Phasma individually and got the BB-4E unit too. The question is if the same will happen with the other three sets I ordered at CDJapan (because the other weren't available immediately at NY pre-order night.)

Damn you!  We'll find out.  I just put in an order for the new ST an Phasma cause of your post.  2-3weeks wait now.

19 hours ago, Mommar said:

If they did then that's a happy accident I guess, from what I've read, people that went with AmiAmi and HLJ absolutely did NOT get the BB when they ordered separately, but those places also had the clearly labeled bundle sets available. Did NY have the bundle campaign set on their site? If not then there's a chance even they didn't know about the promotion and felt obligated to give out BB units to people who ordered separately since Bandai really flubbed this whole campaign set deal, or, they felt the whole thing was stupid anyway and just gave out the BB to everybody who ordered both figures either way while supplies lasted. I'm not sure about CDJapan, if they have the bundles listed separately maybe you'll get your BBs, maybe not. Once again, Bandai really did a piss poor job with these BB campaign bundle set things.

22 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

If they did then that's a happy accident I guess, from what I've read, people that went with AmiAmi and HLJ absolutely did NOT get the BB when they ordered separately, but those places also had the clearly labeled bundle sets available. Did NY have the bundle campaign set on their site? If not then there's a chance even they didn't know about the promotion and felt obligated to give out BB units to people who ordered separately since Bandai really flubbed this whole campaign set deal, or, they felt the whole thing was stupid anyway and just gave out the BB to everybody who ordered both figures either way while supplies lasted. I'm not sure about CDJapan, if they have the bundles listed separately maybe you'll get your BBs, maybe not. Once again, Bandai really did a piss poor job with these BB campaign bundle set things.

I had some a-hole on one of the reviews tell me that I was stupid and it was clearly explained which releases would have the BB's and which wouldn't.  I didn't see any bundles listed at CDJapan so I guess we'll find out when the next batch ships from them if I get another one or not.  I'd assume not now that everyone is clear what the deal is.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely missed that the preorders for S.H.Figuarts Akuma from Street Fighter are already open: https://hlj.com/product/BANN19261

I'm glad they are going with the classic Akuma look not the weird SF V outfit so there is still hope for a classic Ken figure. I'd love to have at least the complete roaster of SF New Challengers in Figuarts form. Ideally with some memorable additions (like Juri) from SF IV. Not a fan of most of the SF V redesigns. :)