On 7/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, Lolicon said:

I don't need to get an entirely new figure every time Tony scratches his armor. :p

And Bandai charges damn near $100 for each of these extra bites at the apple. So while it is cheaper than a Hot Toys, you're still spending around $250 if you buy all three versions. And since it's Bandai you still have to deal with their PO BS.

If I'm dropping hundreds of dollars, might as well get the much higher quality Hot Toys than multiples of the janky-looking and floppy SHF 85. I got the NOTA accessories so that's good enough for me.

I just went ahead and bought the battle damaged 85, since you barely see it in its new condition in the movie.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-lxxxv-battle-damaged-version-hot-toys-904923

does nota ever reissue stuff?  Can't find their gauntlet and head set.

Monsterarts Biollante is up at BBTS, get her while you can, I'm sure she'll eventually sell out again and be back at $800+ in no time. I think $295 is fairly reasonable, it's certainly above her original retail, but that was years ago, non-refundable deposit as well, she's big and expensive though so that's fine by me.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/131016

Yeah my Figuarts Endgame Thanos already looks almost exactly like that, I bought the Takasa Tony Thanos arm and sword kit, so yeah, basically identical already. I take it Fat Thor is a regular release, the previous one was TWE, this one will probably be easier to get, only difference I'm seeing is lightning effects, so another pass for me as well. Just give us the damn Endgame Iron Patriot already, that's the big one most fans are waiting on. 

27 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah my Figuarts Endgame Thanos already looks almost exactly like that, I bought the Takasa Tony Thanos arm and sword kit, so yeah, basically identical already. I take it Fat Thor is a regular release, the previous one was TWE, this one will probably be easier to get, only difference I'm seeing is lightning effects, so another pass for me as well. Just give us the damn Endgame Iron Patriot already, that's the big one most fans are waiting on. 

I was going to say Iron Patriot is the major one.  Or at least get creative and make an oversized Ant-Man or something too.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure this post goes here but....has anyone had issues with Nippon Yasan being able to get SHFiguarts figures you preordered and had to prepay for?  as far as NY and them getting bandai stuff...i konw there is some bad history....Yes i know all about the DX chogokin Vf-31A kairos saga years ago.  i was one of the "lucky" ones and got it...almost a year after the release date!  specifically this time they are 2 and 3 months late on some SHF Endgame stuff(final battle ironman and final battle ironspider).  I didn't think there would be a supply issue on those?  American retailers (i konw different distrubtion channels etc) have it in stock so i would have thought this would not be an issue.  i've submitted a ticekt a  couple days ago (After i remembered..."hey i never got these!") and haven't heard back.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Those faces definitely don't look as good as the promos, I'm still pretty glad I skipped this one, reviews seem pretty rough. I'm hoping the Mezco comes out good.

They seem to be dropping the ball on most of the latest faces.  Loki has not fared well either, though the America's Ass Cap seems have turned out okay.

Yeah that yellow is way, way too bright, it was more mustard colored on the show, with weathering on top. I love the sculpt and detail, but I may to have to suck it up and do some paint work myself, if that's the color they go with that just won't work for me.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah that yellow is way, way too bright, it was more mustard colored on the show, with weathering on top. I love the sculpt and detail, but I may to have to suck it up and do some paint work myself, if that's the color they go with that just won't work for me.

I might as well just stick with the Black Series version.  They did it well enough.