20 hours ago, Mommar said:

You bought the Mandelorian in anticipation of IG-11?  Because there’s already a Black Series Mandelorian and IG-11 released and they’re way cheaper.

Yeah, it is a mental block.  Because the Black Series is done by Hasbro, I don't think it is worth the money, even though they are much cheaper.  I was going to start collecting the Black Series, then I saw the Slave Leia figure and was nope... I still have not shaken the "cheap, mass produced crap" image for the Black series, even though I know some of them are good.

4 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Yeah, it is a mental block.  Because the Black Series is done by Hasbro, I don't think it is worth the money, even though they are much cheaper.  I was going to start collecting the Black Series, then I saw the Slave Leia figure and was nope... I still have not shaken the "cheap, mass produced crap" image for the Black series, even though I know some of them are good.

Some of them are exceptional, even.  The Hasbro  Mandelorian looks quite good to be honest.

Here's video of the new Star Wars stuff from Tokyo Comicon.  Plus an Admiral Akbar Movie Realization figure that looks effing weird but I also kind of dig it (and it's only the second hero figure we've ever gotten from that series.)

Edited by Mommar

• 1 month later...

Not a fan of this look for Harley so I'll be passing, I'm good with the Suicide Squad version. That said, Ginyu looks fantastic, and I'm glad I didn't buy in further on the Demoniacal Fit Ginyu Force, I have faith Bandai will complete the team themselves at this point. 

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-001.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-002.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-003.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-005.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Captain-Ginyu-006.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good lord, this thing is FINALLY getting released! Way to make people wait Bandai, literally Tony's first armor, and they wait until he's dead in the MCU to let everyone finish their Hall of Armor setups. Nothing firm for release, just 2020. 

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man mk I
Release Date: 2020
photo_01.jpg

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Good lord, this thing is FINALLY getting released! Way to make people wait Bandai, literally Tony's first armor, and they wait until he's dead in the MCU to let everyone finish their Hall of Armor setups. Nothing firm for release, just 2020. 

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man mk I
Release Date: 2020
photo_01.jpg

i think anyone who cared bought an extra hall of armor and stuck revoltech's version in there.  granted i have one and never stuck it in the hall.  yeah i probably don't need the SHF one although i'll say it looks decent, but not a whole lot better (if any) than the old revoltech....i'm happy with what i got but i'm sure some missed it and would be happy to add this for completeness.

58 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i think anyone who cared bought an extra hall of armor and stuck revoltech's version in there.  granted i have one and never stuck it in the hall.  yeah i probably don't need the SHF one although i'll say it looks decent, but not a whole lot better (if any) than the old revoltech....i'm happy with what i got but i'm sure some missed it and would be happy to add this for completeness.

I'm all Figuarts so I have had an extra Hall for well over a year but have been waiting on this, the Revoltech looked decent but not good enough, and I don't mix lines. I'm still baffled it took this long, the Iron Man 2 Hall setup has been complete minus this single armor for, once again, well over a year, crazy, but glad they are completing the full Iron Man 2 scene. 

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype levels are through the roof for me on this, Monster Hunter is undoubtedly one of my all time favorite video game franchises, across 6 different games now, I've logged in well over 4,000 hours. This is a collaboration I only dreamed about, the only other monsters we've gotten in toy form that were articulated were the old Revo/Yamaguchi monsters, and they only did three monsters and some repaints.

I am absolutely, 100% in on this line, every figure, every subspecies and variant, every exclusive and whatever else they come up with, I need everything in this line period. This is incredible news, MonsterArts has knocked all of their Godzilla and Gamera stuff out of the park IMO, I absolutely can not wait to see what will inevitably be their first release, Rathalos, in beautiful figure form, I can't wait, I'm so excited. 

97E12368-C31E-4786-BAC6-94484DDE9275.jpeg

Probably common knowledge by now, but I finally opened my SHF Mk 85 and noticed the removable panel on the back, which I'm guessing the lighting focuser plugs into.

So yeah Bandai intentionally gimped the first Endgame releases just so they could release it again with all the planned accessories from the start. And still no nano-gauntlet? Are they saving that for a triple dip?

Eff you, Bandai.

I just bought third party accessories for Cap and Iron Man.

That Captain Marvel looks much better than the horrible looking first release.

Will I be able to attach that snapping finger nano-gauntlet to SHF Thanos? I'm betting no.

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Will I be able to attach that snapping finger nano-gauntlet to SHF Thanos? I'm betting no.

Of course not! How else is Bandai going to sell a Final Battle Thanos figure in the coming months? I kid, but not really. Agreed on the third party accessories though, the Tony head for Bandai doesn't look as good as the one I'm getting, with a nano gauntlet that lights up for MK85, from NOTA Studios, they killed it with the hammer and shield for Cap so I'm excited to get my MK85 parts in. 

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Iron Man uses the stones to snap Bandai's "final battle" double dips out of existence. 

And that's why we love him 3000.  :wub:

Edited by tekering

2 hours ago, Big s said:

A part of me wants the new black widow, but I think I’m gonna pass on her and task master. I need to save some cash 

Except for something like the Iron Patriot MK 2 (because the Hasbro one is trash) I’m done with SHF MCU.  I’ve fallen out of love with them.  They half-ass almost every release now.

33 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’m done with SHF MCU.  I’ve fallen out of love with them.  They half-ass almost every release now.

Seriously, I wish I hadn't bought their Mk.85, Iron Spider, "Night Monkey" Spidey, or Infinity War Cap (ESPECIALLY Infinity War Cap)...  :sorry:

I've since pre-ordered the new MAFEX releases with their superior accessories and unmasked heads, but I feel like a chump having to dump the SHFs now.  I'll be lucky to get half of what I paid for 'em.  :vava:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Seriously, I wish I hadn't bought their Mk.85, Iron Spider, "Night Monkey" Spidey, or Infinity War Cap (ESPECIALLY Infinity War Cap)...  :sorry:

I've since pre-ordered the new MAFEX releases with their superior accessories and unmasked heads, but I feel like a chump having to dump the SHFs now.  I'll be lucky to get half of what I paid for 'em.  :vava:

I got the IW Cap.  I'm not sure if I'll bother with another 85.  It does look like they fixed Iron Spider so I might keep that.  Night Monkey I decided to skip the MAFEX one because IMO the best versions of all the Spider Suits from Homecoming were actually the Mezco versions and I'm banking on the new Tech Suit and Night Monkey being the same here.

Yeah, I'm done with SHF Marvel stuff, with the exception of a possible Endgame Iron Patriot release.

I think they peaked around Age of Ultron, ironic since it's the weakest Avengers movie. The Mk 43, 44, and 45 looked great and were solid. They looked like scaled down Hot Toys without the LEDs.

Things started going downhill with Civil War. My Cap and Iron Man Mk 46 were loose as f*** out of the box to the point they could barely stand, and that Iron Man sculpt looked kinda janky too. Unfortunately, janky-ass Iron Man sculpts would be the norm for the rest of the line's run.

Everyone Cap and Iron Man should have come with unhelmeted (or open mask) heads.

Not including dual Wakanda shields with IW Cap was just criminal.

The double-blade that Thanos comes with looks nothing like what's in the movie. Did anyone at Bandai actually see Endgame? Goddammit.

Why did Endgame Cap come with two identical helmeted heads??

The list goes on.

And so I've turned to Hot Toys to get some decent Endgame releases. They cost a lot more, sure, but Hot Toys doesn't half-ass their stuff.

41 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah, I'm done with SHF Marvel stuff, with the exception of a possible Endgame Iron Patriot release.

I think they peaked around Age of Ultron, ironic since it's the weakest Avengers movie. The Mk 43, 44, and 45 looked great and were solid. They looked like scaled down Hot Toys without the LEDs.

Things started going downhill with Civil War. My Cap and Iron Man Mk 46 were loose as f*** out of the box to the point they could barely stand, and that Iron Man sculpt looked kinda janky too. Unfortunately, janky-ass Iron Man sculpts would be the norm for the rest of the line's run.

Everyone Cap and Iron Man should have come with unhelmeted (or open mask) heads.

Not including dual Wakanda shields with IW Cap was just criminal.

The double-blade that Thanos comes with looks nothing like what's in the movie. Did anyone at Bandai actually see Endgame? Goddammit.

Why did Endgame Cap come with two identical helmeted heads??

The list goes on.

And so I've turned to Hot Toys to get some decent Endgame releases. They cost a lot more, sure, but Hot Toys doesn't half-ass their stuff.

My problem is I don’t have the space for something as large as Hot Toys.

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

My problem is I don’t have the space for something as large as Hot Toys.

I'm sure you can find space.

Have Cap ordered, just waiting on my sideshow points to become available (stupid ass backwards 40 day waiting period) before I preorder fat Thor, Thanos, and the non-battle damaged 85. Might pick up Rescue and Iron Patriot too, but maybe I'd prefer to have IW War Machine instead...

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure you can find space.

Have Cap ordered, just waiting on my sideshow points to become available (stupid ass backwards 40 day waiting period) before I preorder fat Thor, Thanos, and the non-battle damaged 85. Might pick up Rescue and Iron Patriot too, but maybe I'd prefer to have IW War Machine instead...

I really can't.  I'm already skipping lots of releases and packing other things away.

I still don't do Mafex unless I absolutely have to like Kingsman or the rest of the live action Justice League, still too many issues and the price creep is absolutely insane.

Figuarts Black Widow movie Widow and Taskmaster, I'm in for at least Taskmaster, not sure about Widow, probably a pass, I have enough Figuarts Widow figures. All that said, I find the lack of Red Guardian quite disturbing, gotta wonder if Bandai is going to even bother, or make him a TWE item. 

SH-Figuarts-Black-Widow-Movie-001.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Black-Widow-Movie-003.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Black-Widow-Movie-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Black-Widow-Movie-006.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-001.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-004.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-005.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-008.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-and-Black-Widow-001.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Task-Master-and-Black-Widow-003.jpg

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

I know the orange is there for contrast and it fits with the whole comic book esthetic, but it looks like Taskmaster is armed with Nerf toys.  

You know how the saying goes, it's NERF or nothing! Even in the MCU, for top tier assassins.