Movies like the Last Jedi I chalk up to incompetence/ineptitude/arrogance on the part of the people actually making the movie. Note that, like Game of Thrones, I'm placing the blame on the writers, producers, and director, not the actors or crews who built sets, handled special fx, etc. 

Back on topic: any chance of getting a SHF fat Thor? I'm pretty much done with SHF MCU figures, what with Bandai phoning it in now (no Mjolnir included with Cap?) But I still want Vision and fat Thor. And the new Iron Patriot suit. 

Agreed, Actors did their job very well, and deserve no blame at all. To end this in a good note, The last Jedi has fantastically beautiful visuals. It is a very pretty thing.

Back on topic... i think I need that new S.H. Figuarts Old man Han. I think it has near perfect likeness. Is it me, or Harrison Ford looked thicker in action figure form? He always looks slightly skinnier on film, IMHO.

but then I'd need a new Chewbacca... Nah, He can use the same Figuarts Chewei.

3 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yeah, I'm in for old Han and Luke. I still really wish that Bandai could or would make some figures from The Clone Wars and Rebels, especially the named Clone Troopers, Sabine and Ahsoka.

-b.

WOW, Ahsoka! Yeah, that would be really cool. I have a little Azhoka and Annie in 3.75" but the level of detail is very poor. 

@Lolicon I would really love a fat Thor, but honestly i have zero Marvel figures. Well, i do have a tiny wolverine somewhere on this planet, but it has been hiding from me, for a while now.

Edited by vlenhoff

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

WOW, Ahsoka! Yeah, that would be really cool. I have a little Azhoka and Annie in 3.75" but the level of detail is very poor. 

@Lolicon I would really love a fat Thor, but honestly i have zero Marvel figures. Well, i do have a tiny wolverine somewhere on this planet, but it has been hiding from me, for a while now.

Yeah, I get kind of bummed thinking that certain characters will only be available from Hasbro. For my money you can't beat SH Figuarts, even when they are woefully short on accessories, their quality is usually pretty spot on with only a few really bad misses (looking at your Infinity War Captain America :bad:).

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is better at showing off poses.  I didn't bother with the movie (done with MCU) but I do still like good Spider-Man toys.  I hated the original Tech Suit and Hoodie figures but this one looks pretty good.  At least until I get my Mezco Upgrade Suit because the Mezco Tech Suit was superior to all the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d say it’s a bit too much of a belly when he’s armored up for the final fight but it works well enough and will pair with the Hasbro Thorbowski figure.

Question is, where are our other Armors?  Lord knows Bandai loves IM related stuff and War Machine and Rescue are perfect variants for them.

Edited by Mommar

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Question is, where are our other Armors?  Lord knows Bandai loves IM related stuff and War Machine and Rescue are perfect variants for them.

I'd say the Endgame War Machine (Iron Patriot) is a no-brainer and will be the next P-Bandai release - March/April 2020 timeframe.  I seem to remember seeing a prototype, but it could have been from a another vendor/hot toys, after a while, they all start to blend together.  Rescue will probably take some time as it will not be a simple recolour.  There are probably pretty big differences in body type between a Rescue figure and the other armours in the line.  Maybe summer 2020?

13 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

I'd say the Endgame War Machine (Iron Patriot) is a no-brainer and will be the next P-Bandai release - March/April 2020 timeframe.  I seem to remember seeing a prototype, but it could have been from a another vendor/hot toys, after a while, they all start to blend together.  Rescue will probably take some time as it will not be a simple recolour.  There are probably pretty big differences in body type between a Rescue figure and the other armours in the line.  Maybe summer 2020?

War Machine from the final fight will not be a re-color either.  That's a whole new sculpt.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

War Machine from the final fight will not be a re-color either.  That's a whole new sculpt.

Yeah if I remember right Rhodey was Iron Patriot MKII in the big ending Endgame fight, semantics I know, but it was the blue color scheme not the usual black and silver, definitely a totally new sculpt, far bulkier then any previous armor. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That’s just a re-release really.  There wasn’t much different from the mark IV.

It's certainly not that different, but it is a new mold. The MKV is the one Bandai probably won't bother with, it wasn't in a film and it does look basically identical to the MKIV. Also, that's a big ol diaper on MKVI :). 

1237f4e1-d0cc-48ef-8e52-398d77be78cf.jpgEndgame War Machine SH Figuarts 003

I missed the PO on PS4 Spidey Advanced Suit so I just went ahead and slightly, slightly overpaid for one off Ebay, will have it soon, looks good in hand. I loved the game to death, phenomenal, one of the best superhero games made, I wasn't too hot on the Insomniac "White Spider" suit at first, but as I played and got a couple of hours in it grew on me, I love the look. 

New figures for Episode IX;

https://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_shf.html#shf_rey_ep9

Usually (IMO) SH Figuarts look significantly better than Hasbro's Black Series, but the Rey figure looks exceptionally 'meh' to me this time.

sw_shf_item_main.jpg

sw_shf_item01.jpg

Still gonna buy it tho :lol:.

-b.

17 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

New figures for Episode IX;

https://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_shf.html#shf_rey_ep9

Usually (IMO) SH Figuarts look significantly better than Hasbro's Black Series, but the Rey figure looks exceptionally 'meh' to me this time.

Still gonna buy it tho :lol:.

-b.

Yeah Rey looks a bit meh, I'm in for just two Sith Troopers, and my wallet is appreciative. I already bought Last Jedi Rey, and I have both of the previous Kylo figures, for reasons I can't remember myself, so it's a pass on those two, but yeah, those red Sith Troopers sure do look purdy. 

I may go in on several of those snazzy Tamashii Stages though, I'm a sucker for a nice custom Tamashii Stage. 

1569591140851.jpg

1 minute ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah Rey looks a bit meh, I'm in for just two Sith Troopers, and my wallet is appreciative. I already bought Last Jedi Rey, and I have both of the previous Kylo figures, for reasons I can't remember myself, so it's a pass on those two, but yeah, those red Sith Troopers sure do look purdy. 

I may go in on several of those snazzy Tamashii Stages though, I'm a sucker for a nice custom Tamashii Stage. 

Yeah, the Jedi Order stand is pretty cool and I don't own any stands that didn't come with the figure that they came with (outside of a few Flightpose stands). I can't un-see the Red Hip-hop Stormtrooper though, so every time I see the Sith Trooper I laugh a little bit.

-b.

36 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yeah, the Jedi Order stand is pretty cool and I don't own any stands that didn't come with the figure that they came with (outside of a few Flightpose stands). I can't un-see the Red Hip-hop Stormtrooper though, so every time I see the Sith Trooper I laugh a little bit.

-b.

I considered getting a third Sith Trooper, then tracking down a gold necklace to make my own, just for fun, but my OCD won't allow it, Hip-hop Stormie was original trilogy, not sequel trilogy. VERY close though, I'm sure before release I'll add a third to keep sealed for just in case, sequel trilogy Hip-hop Trooper can be a thing too. 

hip_hop_stormtrooper_by_burtonfan422_ddbur2v-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzY4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTAzYzJkYjItZjlmZS00ZjQzLWIzYzEtZmZjNjk1NTZhZTlmXC9kZGJ1cjJ2LTYwNzE5OGE1LTgwMDgtNDdmYy04MTMxLTAwNjgzNjUyMjU1NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.e350-KRxp2jY3gdNzbJMHPxq988yBg0_8CSuJgPLRfA

gTF4NzF.jpg

Edited by Tking22

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Did T'Challa also spend 18 months in a gamma lab? WTF is with the roid rage body? 

Yeah, looks more like Mike Tyson than Chadwick Boseman.  :unsure:

They nailed Karen Gillan, though!  :good:

attachment.php?attachmentid=56208&stc=1&

Edited by tekering

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, looks more like Mike Tyson than Chadwick Boseman.  :unsure:

They nailed Karen Gillan, though!  :good:

Damn, Nebs looks good! I'm glad I grabbed her. Now I just need NY to get off their asses and ship mine, prep in progress for 6 days, again! They did this with Yoda too, almost two weeks just to ship, NY has been dragging their asses lately, more then usual which is crazy.