I just read the caption under the pics on the right and it says that the Mark 50 is sold separately. I can't read the rest of the text on the right though as it is bit beyond my Nihongo.

Anybody care to translate? :)

speaking of which...cap shields...anyone get one from these guys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Captain-America-Infinity-wars-shield-1-12-s-h-figuarts-marvel-legends-shf/283128032022?hash=item41ebbeeb16:g:8FsAAOSw64tbhX0n

is it the people on here like?  looks good but yikes that is more than 50% cost of the base figure.

also on the ebay front it seems KO SHf IW iron spidey is in the wild and KO SHF thanos has several listings.  i've still got the real SHF thanos in my POL at bbts...i mean i know bbts was slow to get it and i've been dragging my feet on shipping him (as i don't have anything else in my POL yet) but these KOs are coming fast these days...wonder how the quality is.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

speaking of which...cap shields...anyone get one from these guys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Captain-America-Infinity-wars-shield-1-12-s-h-figuarts-marvel-legends-shf/283128032022?hash=item41ebbeeb16:g:8FsAAOSw64tbhX0n

is it the people on here like?  looks good but yikes that is more than 50% cost of the base figure.

also on the ebay front it seems KO SHf IW iron spidey is in the wild and KO SHF thanos has several listings.  i've still got the real SHF thanos in my POL at bbts...i mean i know bbts was slow to get it and i've been dragging my feet on shipping him (as i don't have anything else in my POL yet) but these KOs are coming fast these days...wonder how the quality is.

Check the previous pages in this thread, these are the exact ones I got and told people about, even posted a pic. I got mine on AliExpress, for FAR cheaper, these have a healthy amount of mark up. I really like mine, they definitely complete the look and should have been included, but at that price? I personally wouldn't bother.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally nabbed Infinity War Thor at NY, but I got Wasp at BBTS. I always use EMS, so Wasp came to about $8 cheaper then BBTS with EMS shipping, decided I'll just go with BBTS, that release also comes with a stand, and Wasp being a flying character, another one of those nice Tamashii Marvel stands for less than $10 bundled with her works for me.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:29 AM, Tking22 said:

I finally nabbed Infinity War Thor at NY, but I got Wasp at BBTS. I always use EMS, so Wasp came to about $8 cheaper then BBTS with EMS shipping, decided I'll just go with BBTS, that release also comes with a stand, and Wasp being a flying character, another one of those nice Tamashii Marvel stands for less than $10 bundled with her works for me.

Oh, does she come with a stand?  Maybe I should have pre-ordered her there instead.  I pre-ordered at NY, they'll get pissed if I cancel it.

Anyone pick up the Batman Ninja figure? I'm kind of disappointed with it. There's just not much to it; equipment, articulation, poseability. Also the cape is really fragile. My little guy wants to play with it and I usually let him but I don't think this one has much resiliency. Passed on Joker because Batman is really more like what I would expect from a $20 figure, not a $50+ one...

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Oh, does she come with a stand?  Maybe I should have pre-ordered her there instead.  I pre-ordered at NY, they'll get pissed if I cancel it.

She does indeed come with one of those nice Tamashii Marvel stands, I really liked those and planned on pairing her with one anyway, so the BBTS Bluefin set works for me.

I'm undecided on the MK50 Nano version, it DOES come with another whole figure, plus the accessories. I don't know, I don't need another whole MK50 figure, I wish it was just an accessory pack. Doubt I'll bite, it'd be cool to have the extra optional pieces, but not for that asking price.

Also GREAT SAIYAMAN LOOKS FANTASTIC! Holy crap Bandai! THIS is what I'm talking about, that's all the heads you could ever want for the character, nicely done! I'll gladly wait for the Bluefin release, this guy looks amazing!

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/09/20180913_saiyaman_pd_01.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/09/20180913_saiyaman_pd_02.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/09/20180913_saiyaman_pd_03.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/09/great-saiyaman-3.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/09/great-saiyaman-4.jpg

Looks like the Nano weapon Set has a separate Mk 50 with different lower legs, hence the high price. Great way for Bandai to reuse the mold somewhat, and make an additional profit by selling it with the weapons set. That hasn't stopped me from pre-ordering it though. :)

3 hours ago, brouken said:

Looks like the Nano weapon Set has a separate Mk 50 with different lower legs, hence the high price. Great way for Bandai to reuse the mold somewhat, and make an additional profit by selling it with the weapons set.

Are we still confused about this?  There's no mold re-use here; the "Nano Weapon Set" is just that, a set of option parts for use with the Mk. 50 (sold separately).

Note the disclaimer at the top of each pic.

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

1000127943_8.jpg.be3628bcaa97bd62a7fd1b0212c066c4.jpg

nano set is just the weapons  dang. cost about 3X what it should.  i see it at NY for 9900yen.  its begging for a "3P" version with added floating blasters because that was the coolest nano weapon for sure.   if it inlcuded anotehr mark50 with the weapons set it'd be wroth the 9900....almost.  SHF TWE is pricing me out....first thor...now this.  i mean i can get a whoel hi metal r super osrich for less than a thor.  engineering involved and production costs isn't even close IMO.  SHF is such a high profit line.

18 hours ago, tekering said:

Are we still confused about this?  There's no mold re-use here; the "Nano Weapon Set" is just that, a set of option parts for use with the Mk. 50 (sold separately).

If my Nihongo serves me right, the disclaimer says something to the effect of: "items pictured that are not part of the Iron Man Mark 50 Nano Weapons Set (Avengers Infinity War) are sold separately".

Take note that the disclaimer is only made in the pics where parts are mixed and matched with the Iron Man Mark 50 first release. The pics where the Mark 50 is shown wearing the backpack, double swords, and modified leg armors does not show the disclaimer.

Also, there are no pics showing the nano parts detached, which Bandai normally shows for products that are meant to supplement a separate product.

Finally, a quick translation by Google on the Tamashii product page of the contents of the package says as follows:

Main product content  · Iron Man Mark 50 body (wing, both hands, both feet are attached with weapons) 
 · Complete set

Hence, it's my reasonable assumption that the Nano-weapons set DOES come with another Mark 50, except with different lower legs, thus the asking price.

For the price, I also would have liked to for Bandai to have included more of the nano weapons shown in the movie (i.e. the shield, battering rams, repulsor beam amplifying funnels, and other variations of the nano swords), just like the Hot Toys version, instead of paying for another Mark 50 figure. I'm thinking that Bandai is probably considering releasing a third variant of the Mark 50, packaged with the other nano weapons, just to...you know...make more money? :lol:

19 hours ago, tekering said:

Toyark says something different...

http://news.toyark.com/2018/09/13/sh-figuarts-iron-man-mark-50-and-nano-weapon-set-316337

This reads like it comes with another whole MK50 figure. I don't think anyone can really say definitively at this point, Bandai hasn't been very clear or forward about this figure/set.

Brouken’s assessment seems clear.  The warning inly appears on photos featuring mixed parts and has stated the history of releases and how they work.  Don’t really understand why nobody cam get these effing Infinity War releases right.  Especially considering they have a whole new lot to put out next year too.  They’re changed the look of almost every character, except for Iron Man and Ant Man.  Plus Captain Frumpy, err, Marvel.

Edited by Mommar