On 7/2/2018 at 2:25 PM, no3Ljm said:

Nice pic, Kuma.

By the way, what line this Saber comes from? Is this Figuarts? She looks nice.

It's not a particular "line" like figuarts, SOC, etc. but it's labeled under Bandai Chogokin. So when you search just do "Chogokin Saber." They have a number of figures like that, even both Drossels! It's pretty cool though; diecast armor and just looks really nice.

1-302.png

Edited by Kuma Style

• 2 weeks later...

New Broly looks pretty good, bought. I'm FAR more interested in that Mr. Satan, he looks awesome! Didn't expect Android 21, probably a pass for me.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-SH-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Event-004.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-SH-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Event-046.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-SH-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Event-056.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-SH-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Event-063.jpg

edit: And I'm an idiot, the reason the MK figures looked so "off" was because they were in fact, not Figuarts figures, but apparently Storm Collectibles. Storm is actually making more then ninjas now. I'll be passing, my bias for Figuarts made me over hyped, they are the same meh figures Storm has been putting out since Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Edited by Tking22

I think my issue is that a lot of these characters were originally digitized people.  But even when they moved to 3D rendering they maintained the same level of detail.  The SF figures look more plain, but that suits the look of the old video games.  Whereas these figures look more flat and plain, but that doesn't suit the look of Mortal Kombat.

I think it's just video game characters being translated to a Figuarts figure in general, they all look a bit uncanny, they don't translate as well as live action characters. Most of the popular Figuarts are based on live action properties, DC and Marvel, Star Wars, and all the various Sentai and Kamen Rider. We know how these characters should look, with video game characters they have to base them on the chosen source game, which based on the gaming era, could look quite plain. The Street Fighter characters are based on IV which isn't that old, the MK figures are based on MK III, which is fairly old as far as gaming generations go. I didn't buy the Street Fighter figures because I don't like Street Fighter, not because I thought the figures looked bad, I think all of these video game figures look as expected and appropriate based on their source materials.

Love the poster reproduction!  :D

I also love the meaningless photo disclaimers.  "The picture is for illustrative purposes only."  What other possible purpose could a picture serve? :lol:

The Japanese disclaimer is even more ridiculous.  "This picture is an image."  :unsure:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Love the poster reproduction!  :D

I also love the meaningless photo disclaimers.  "The picture is for illustrative purposes only."  What other possible purpose could a picture serve? :lol:

The Japanese disclaimer is even more ridiculous.  "This picture is an image."  :unsure:

C'mon now. Don't be so hard on them. You have to forgive them. They're Japanese. English is not their main language. I have a feeling that there's probably a point in time that when they're using the term '...I-Me-Ji desu' is to let the people or consumer knows that what they're seeing is 'not real'. Maybe that's the nearest term that they came up to what they were trying to say. ^_^ 

17 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Not liking that Princess Leia face. I think some likenesses can be acceptably “off” and still look good but this ones not doing it for me. 

These promo shots of Figuarts with 3d printed faces ALWAYS look off, and they always look much better in hand. Literally always better in hand, Marvel, Star Wars, Captain Jack Sparrow, Freddie Mercury. She'll be fine.

Infinity War Black Widow is in the wild... and the likeness is so spot-on, I transplanted one of the additional faces to my Marvel Legends Age of Ultron figure.

1090942170_BlackWidows.thumb.jpg.be4c2ba014ba24a0d70797bad9c58eff.jpg

Thanks to Bandai, I've got two great-looking Scarlett Johansson figures now.  :wub:

Widow seems to be selling out pretty quick too, I think she looks fantastic! Such a shame Cap got the short end of the stick, I managed to snag some really nice custom Wakanda shields for him, which are great, but he should have come with them from the start. I don't want to since I already spent so much, but I'm also looking in to a new custom head for Infinity War Cap.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Tking22 said:

Widow seems to be selling out pretty quick too, I think she looks fantastic! Such a shame Cap got the short end of the stick, I managed to snag some really nice custom Wakanda shields for him, which are great, but he should have come with them from the start. I don't want to since I already spent so much, but I'm also looking in to a new custom head for Infinity War Cap.

oh where'd you get Wakanda shields?

6 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

oh where'd you get Wakanda shields?

I got a set of two for $16 shipped from Aliexpress.com. Though it appears they've sold out of the ones I got, there are several other versions on there, but they don't look quite as nice as the ones I got. The same ones I got popped up on Ebay too, with a mark up on the price, then sold out as well. They were custom and created and sold by someone in China, they are REALLY nice for what I paid, and give Cap the look he deserves.

I've been trying to keep an eye open for more, Mommar was after as set as well. I'd say keep an eye on Ebay and Aliexpress.com, just search "Infinity custom Captain", and you should get results for anything custom for Legends, Select, and Figuarts Cap figures. There are some terrible looking custom heads, some decent custom heads, and various Wakanda shield designs out there.

2 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I got a set of two for $16 shipped from Aliexpress.com. Though it appears they've sold out of the ones I got, there are several other versions on there, but they don't look quite as nice as the ones I got. The same ones I got popped up on Ebay too, with a mark up on the price, then sold out as well. They were custom and created and sold by someone in China, they are REALLY nice for what I paid, and give Cap the look he deserves.

I've been trying to keep an eye open for more, Mommar was after as set as well. I'd say keep an eye on Ebay and Aliexpress.com, just search "Infinity custom Captain", and you should get results for anything custom for Legends, Select, and Figuarts Cap figures. There are some terrible looking custom heads, some decent custom heads, and various Wakanda shield designs out there.

thanks!  cap really does need something!  haha.  also yeah leia is up..got one of those.  it looks really good so far.  got the right feels (unlike the BS one). 

I really like how these shields came out, very solid price too all things considered. The extending tip feature gets a bit jammed up when completely pushed in, the "natural" position is definitely fully extended, but they work.

20180728_131637.thumb.jpg.d26924b28ed30db79f3ace53e10e1357.jpg20180728_132320.thumb.jpg.0aa475925e729bb000d14bfb0d7be270.jpg

Looks like those Wakanda shields for Infinity War Cap are back in stock on Ebay, at an inflated price. 7 sold in 24 hours, and at that price no less.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Captain-America-Infinity-wars-shield-1-12-s-h-figuarts-marvel-legends-shf/323387214566?hash=item4b4b614ae6%3Ag%3AkfIAAOSwWXJbTDuJ&_nkw=infinity+war+captain+custom&_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

If you're interested, today until 8pm, Ebay has a coupon going that could take some of the sting off the price. 15% off a minimum purchase of $25.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11910583-ebay-site-wide-15-off-min-purchase-25-max-discount-100-starts-08-08?utm_source=iphone_app