16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

On the first version? No. There's no option for that since there was some light mechanics inside for the eyes.

Yeah I figured, that was meant to be a joke lol

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

Is that a joke abou me?

Why, are you a 6" Avenger? :p

15 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Yeah I figured, that was meant to be a joke lol

Why, are you a 6" Avenger? :p

No, just the last release was met with massive hate because nobody liked the fact you couldn't put a figure into another figure and I still think the idea of that is stupid.

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Is it?  Wasn't Mark 7 from Avengers?  I don't remember the silver bits on the chest.

The katakana says it’s Mark 7. The Ant-Man is the one from Ant-Man & The Wasp movie. Maybe they’re just showing upcoming figures. But you’re right. There shouldn’t be silver/grey bits on the chest in the movie. What’s funny is that when I googled Mark 7, some artworks and figures including Hot Toys have that colored bits on the figures.

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

No, just the last release was met with massive hate because nobody liked the fact you couldn't put a figure into another figure and I still think the idea of that is stupid.

Ah, I was never witness to any of that here or otherwise.  I do have this vague childhood memory of a toy line that did have small figures that went inside slightly larger suits of humanoid armor but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  I remember it being pretty obscure and may or may not have had a cartoon associated.

29 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Ah, I was never witness to any of that here or otherwise.  I do have this vague childhood memory of a toy line that did have small figures that went inside slightly larger suits of humanoid armor but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  I remember it being pretty obscure and may or may not have had a cartoon associated.

Exo-Squad.

Figuarts Ep-3 Anakin/Young Vader is popping up Friday. I remember he was initially announced as TWE, I guess Bandai saw how excited folks were for him so they just made him a standard release instead. Looks frakking fantastic, I have been waiting on this guy, pre-ordered on site. The screaming/yelling face is a bit meh, but everything else looks great! That Sith eyes face looks really good, I can't wait to put a black fabric cloak around this guy to complete his look, maybe a few dead kids scattered around his feet as well :).

SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-002.jpg
SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-003.jpg
SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-005.jpg
SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-006.jpg
SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-009.jpg
SH-Figuarts-Anakin-Skywalker-010.jpg

On a side note I also never understood the allure of fitting a standard Figuarts Ironman into the Figuarts Hulkbuster. Maybe at a larger scale like how Hot Toys was able to do it, but 1/12 or 6" is a hell of a stretch. I remember people clamoring for the Mafex, claiming it was SO superior because it had some dumb little bust, not even a figure, seated in the head of their Hulkbuster. Of course it came out, slightly cheaper then Figuarts, and it got slammed in reviews for bad paint, awkward design choices, no lighting or anything else impressive to speak to it's still really high price.

5 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

On a side note I also never understood the allure of fitting a standard Figuarts Ironman into the Figuarts Hulkbuster. Maybe at a larger scale like how Hot Toys was able to do it, but 1/12 or 6" is a hell of a stretch. I remember people clamoring for the Mafex, claiming it was SO superior because it had some dumb little bust, not even a figure, seated in the head of their Hulkbuster. Of course it came out, slightly cheaper then Figuarts, and it got slammed in reviews for bad paint, awkward design choices, no lighting or anything else impressive to speak to it's still really high price.

Probably because it's cool to have that feature. Or probably because of how much it was asking for. ^_^ 

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably because it's cool to have that feature. Or probably because of how much it was asking for. ^_^ 

I get that, but it still seems completely unreasonable at that size and scale. Most figures that have a gimmick where a pilot or something that goes in armor, the outside figure is usually a shell, or a block of wood as far as articulation is concerned. Hot Toys got away with it because their scale, 1/12 and 6" not so much. The HB itself would have to be thin, and more complicated in order to accommodate a figure inside and have any resemblance of articulation, at that point it wouldn't even be a Figuart, it would be an expensive glorified Legends or Select HB with a Figuart Ironman inside it. Also, people were already whining like crazy about the price, opening HB gimmick would have driven the price even higher, that is, if it was even a possibility at that scale while still being an actual articulated Figuart figure.

These Marvel and Star Wars S.H. Figuarts figures are super tempting... most of them look fantastic, but I'm glad that's one rabbit hole I've judiciously avoided getting into.  As much as I'd like to collect them, I do not need another vampire sucking my wallet dry... hard to resist the lure but I must remain strong.:mellow:

Definitely getting Ep III Anakin, I have the Ep II version and love it. SH Figuarts are the types of Star Wars action figures I always wanted as a kid.

Also going to pick up that Bucky, the face-sculpt isn't that hot, but it looks good enough.

-b.

New Figuarts Rocket with the BFG, Winder Soldier, and Hulkbuster 2.0 are all TWE, all going up tomorrow. Easy pass on Rocket, I've got the first one and while I like that big gun, I don't like it enough to buy him again, but I will be snatching Winder Solider and Hulkbuster off NY tomorrow for sure.

edit: I guess Winter Soldier, Rocket, and Hulkbuster are all up on NY already, GO GO GO!

Edited by Tking22

I'm torn, I have points to use at CDJ but they only ship EMS/USPS and I frakking hate USPS.  Pricks haven't redelivered my Ride Armor in three days now.

I like Rockets new gun.  I don't like that figure, however.

Oh, nevermind.  They don't have it at CDJ.

Boy, that web-exclusive thing really sucks.  I just had to dump $600 on the SDF-1 and now another $460 for Hulkbuster alone.

Edited by Mommar

25 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Omg that price... is it web exclusive?  No HLJ options?

You mean for Hulkbuster 2.0? As I said above him, Rocket, and Bucky are all TWE, no HLJ, AmiAmi, only shops that carry TWE like NY and AnimeExport will be carrying it. The price seems rough now, but that was roughly the price of the original as well, it is what it is, Chogokin X Figuarts, that Chogokin in there means money. Also, take a look at Hulkbuster V1 prices now, he skyrocketed pretty crazy.

Oh man. Y38200 instant payment. :unsure:

1000124311_10.jpg.b48106fdd6190b59f1b5bb389966f53c.jpg

And from the looks of it. The first one looks more 'Hulkbuster' than the Version 2 is. Or the Version 1 is more fit to be called Hulkbuster than Version 2. Or something to that effect. I have to think about this first.