Just got my Akuma/Gouki this morning. He’s awesome. He’s overall beefier and bulkier than Ryu (as he should be) and looks as badass as they get. I think he’s currently the best one in the line.

I’d post pics, but can’t seem to get imgur to work in these forums properly anymore for some reason.

Almost forgot to mention that I got the Sheryl Nome too, but haven’t cracked her open yet.

Edited by ArchieNov

Great news everybody! Looks like the Sakura is already sold out at HLJ but still available at amiami: 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036825&page=top

Ken is also available:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036824

I think I will preorder from BBTS and see if I can catch one from HLJ. Canceling an item is just much less hassle compared to amiami. Sadly figinstock is gone so I have to be cautious myself. :(

I need to push this line because I want Bandai to at least make the complete cast of New Challengers. :p 

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of weird that Figuarts Iron Man Mk.50 doesn't include the 'flightpack' as part of the accessory.

ban180604-1.jpg

ban180607.jpg

I'm putting here Hot Toys photo for reference on the backpack.

h007.jpg

Photo courtesy of TagHobby.

Edited by no3Ljm

So I already have been disappointed with how half-assed Bandai have been with the Marvel stuff the past year or so but it REALLY looks like they're phoning these new figures in.  No mechanical arms for Iron Spider, no wing boosters on Iron Man.  Palette swap for Doctor Strange and Star Lord (they shouldn't have bothered with either of them at all really.) 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:50 PM, Mommar said:

So I already have been disappointed with how half-assed Bandai have been with the Marvel stuff the past year or so but it REALLY looks like they're phoning these new figures in.  No mechanical arms for Iron Spider, no wing boosters on Iron Man.  Palette swap for Doctor Strange and Star Lord (they shouldn't have bothered with either of them at all really.) 

Agreed, these announced figures are all pretty half assed slight remolds and repaints, easy pass on over half of them. I contemplated Black Panther, but being TWE, and the suit just isn't different enough, the addition of claws that should have come with Civil War Panther isn't enough to get me to buy. I'm in for Thanos, probably bearded Cap unless he VERY stupidly doesn't come with his Wakanda shield like in the trailers, and maybe, just maybe blonde Widow, doubtful though. I'm far more interested in what they haven't shown off, Bucky, which they also teased for Civil War and never made, at this point, we HAVE to get an Infinity War Bucky. I get it, these figures are easy to put out, almost no retooling or effort needed, but c'mon, this is the third Avengers movie, this is a big deal!

21 hours ago, ZorClone said:

That looks awesome, I have one sitting in warehouse with BBTS still.  I'm tempted to find a Catwoman to go with it though...

Figuarts Catwoman from the TDK is a TWE item, BBTS has her on pre-order for a fair price though.

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I didn’t realize pre-orders went up for the new Marvel figures.  Thanos is sold out everywhere.

Didn't notice either, didn't get one either, he's gone everywhere. I nabbed one at BBTS as a placeholder until HLJ opens up again, standard Bluefin Marvel non-sense though, overpriced due to it having to come with an accessory you probably don't want.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I didn’t realize pre-orders went up for the new Marvel figures.  Thanos is sold out everywhere.

Oh no. I only wanted Spidey and Shellhead. How come there was no early warning on this? Pfft. -_-

I didn't like the last two Figuarts Spiderman figures so I'm skipping him.  You can still find both of them around places though.  The only one totally out except for at BBTS is Thanos.

Edited by Mommar

49 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I didn't like the last two Figuarts Spiderman figures so I'm skipping him.  You can still find both of them around places though.  The only one totally out except for at BBTS is Thanos.

Thanks for the heads up on Thanos. I prefer HLJ but it's already sold out so I just placed my orders for both figures Spidey and Shellhead at NY.

Edited by no3Ljm

Yeah, Thanos looks like a mini, purple Josh Brolin.  I think the problemw the cap sculpt is that his nose is too big.  Nobody seems to get Chris Evans nose correct.  It elongates his cheeks.  Because his forehead and eyeline are correct and the jaw line looks okay too.  Just the middle part is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It’s a pretty cool color.  Though they’re really making some odd decisions here.  Bandai aren’t trying very hard, are they?

Agree about the color, it is striking. Too bad Bandai doesn't churn out DX Valkyrie repaints as much as they do Iron Man SH Figuarts figures. lol

-b.

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It’s a pretty cool color.  Though they’re really making some odd decisions here.  Bandai aren’t trying very hard, are they?

1 minute ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Agree about the color, it is striking. Too bad Bandai doesn't churn out DX Valkyrie repaints as much as they do Iron Man SH Figuarts figures. lol

-b.

^ These.

:rolleyes:

I don’t recognize the paint scheme.  It could actually be a comic version.  But if you were going to go off the deep end with strange colors they could have used the MK VII and made something ridiculous like the Disco Armor.

Edited by Mommar