1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Ugh, had to pay upfront for the both of them too.

All we need is Mk I now and that's every Iron Man armor from every movie (IM3's ridiculous catalog not withstanding.)

Same here, I just need that sweet, sweet MK I announcement and I'm good on Figuarts Iron/Tony stuff. I'm certain MK IV will also get a Bluefin release with another Hall piece, but I bought enough stand alone Halls to make it to 6, so I'm grabbing this stand alone MK IV at NY. Very expensive month September was, I gave NY a ton of money for new POs, Kurogane Chogokin Big O, Figuarts MK IV, ANIME Gelgoog, Figuarts Maul Speeder, Side Labor Unit 3 Patlabor. These guys get a healthy chunk of every check I make.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Yes it has, a long time ago with the Avengers releases.

IIRC Figma did one, but not Figuarts?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Star Lord and Rocket showed up today.  I'm surprised I haven't seen a single review online for them.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52012328.html is a Rocket Raccoon review at least. Starlord didn't release until the 22nd however so maybe that's resulted in the delays. There was a 2chan thread for it at least.

Yeah, Starlord and Rocket are not great figures.  As a matter of fact the Marvel Legends figures look just as good and pose better plus they come with more accessories.  Other than the fact Figuarts are smaller and they fit in with the rest of the Avengers lineup this is probably two of the worst of the Marvel releases so far IMO.  Starlords arms are so skinny and miss-proportioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here both have a Figuarts 'Body Kun DX Set' and an Iron Man figures? Can someone post a pic of them together? Would love to see how tall the Body Kun besides an Iron Man figure. Preferably the one that has a 'shoe' feet rather than a naked feet. Thanks in advance. ^_^

Found some Figuarts photos last night from The Fwoosh that shows Tony Stark beside an Iron Man Mk XLII and besides a Body Kun figure. So I merge two photos using Tony Stark as the point guide just to have a scale/size comparison. I'll just leave it here for comparing purposes. ;)

b8eamvf.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Figuarts Donald Duck Preview.  Pretty cool looking actually.  Unfortunately he looks like he's less poseable than the Figuarts Mario and Luigi figures were.

Also, anybody notice Shredder just up and disappeared after a year of nothing?  I wonder if the TMNT line is dead after their horribly engineered Turtles.

SH-Figuarts-Kingdom-Hearts-Donald-Duck-0

SH-Figuarts-Kingdom-Hearts-Donald-Duck-0

SH-Figuarts-Kingdom-Hearts-Donald-Duck-3

Edited by Mommar

• 3 weeks later...

Goofy is bought, as is Old "Grey" Luke, and the new ANH Vader with actual cloth goods will definitely be mine! I guess Bandai learned their lesson when it comes to capes, just do cloth goods, the original Figuarts Vader, Kylo, Thor, anyone with a cape really suffered from this, so it's very good to see Last Jedi Luke comes with cloth goods for his cloak out of the box.

So, I collect Transformers, and I didn't want to get into other action figures or toys because I didn't want to feel like my space is cluttered (although it is, but with Transformers...).  But I'm a huge Mega Man fan, and when I saw the S.H. Figuarts Mega Man Zero (from Mega Man Zero, not Zero from Mega Man X) for $25 I jumped on it.  It's a cool figure, really impressed with the articulation, although it's a little smaller than I thought it would be.

Well, like I said, I got him for $25.  I thought I might like a Mega Man from the NES series, or X and Zero from Mega Man X, but they all seem super expensive.  What's up wtih that?

Because they're older figures.  I wasn't even collecting Figuarts when they came out as the D-Arts versions five or six years ago.

Even the Sentinel figures from the last two years are massively rare and expensive now.

Edited by Mommar

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Because they're older figures.  I wasn't even collecting Figuarts when they came out as the D-Arts versions five or six years ago.

Even the Sentinel figures from the last two years are massively rare and expensive now.

Does Bandai ever reissue them? Or do new versions of characters they already did? Or am I just SOL?

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Does Bandai ever reissue them? Or do new versions of characters they already did? Or am I just SOL?

I don't think they ever have.  I've never seen them.  I jumped at the Sentinel 4inch Nel toys when they were released because I didn't see a time when Bandai would re-release the Mega Man stuff again.

Well, like I said, Zero's my first SH Figuarts toy.  And the first thing I really noticed about him was that he's pretty small and very light.  Maybe I'm just used to the first and third party Masterpiece-style Transformers I've been buying; Zero's similar in height to FansToys's Spindrift (their version of Seaspray), and Spindrift is a brick compared to Zero.  The second thing that struck me, though, was the number of joints.  For Transformers, if a joint bends 90 degrees (45 for ankles) I'm pretty happy, and an ab crunch is a rare luxury.  But Zero's got tons of joints, almost all of them ball joints, that generally make him much more articulate than I'm used to in a toy.  So I went and found some pictures from the Mega Man Zero Complete Works book and decided to try to replicate them.

Zero1.jpg.f07ae46af31e60d3eb93e8a2df418b43.jpgZero2.jpg.e2cb0b55a2ec198c4ef1940d41b3d78c.jpgZero3.jpg.914dc47cf4f48eac153999d5f58ead47.jpgZero5.jpg.47296a9af2bd72b55d93a59bfbe64a84.jpgZero4.jpg.9a7b0768085fb9d88983dddcb4cc0716.jpg

And... yeah, I can't quite get them exact.  It boils down to two things.  The first is that, while he does have a ton of joints, some of them don't quite have the range I'd expect.  Like he's got a joint where his neck connects to his head, and another where his neck connects to his torso, but he can't tilt his head forward as much as I'd expect.  The pivots in his ankles aren't that great.  Ball joints at the waist and mid torso, but his pelvic thrust is no match for his lineart.  He's got butterfly joints, which is better than most Transformers, but I couldn't really use them while raising his arm laterally, and his lateral shoulder movement is pretty limited to about 90 degrees.  Now, some of that (like the ankle tilts) I'd have liked better, and some of it I can accept as the reality of making a toy vs drawing a picture.  But the other thing that made posing him a chore is his hair.  Seriously, it's like 30% of his mass, and that makes him seriously back-heavy.  Zero is a toy that really could have used a stand, but why would they include that when they're probably making bank by selling them separately?

Aside from articulation, there's a lot I really like about this figure.  Aesthetically Bandai really nailed the character.  Everything is either molded or painted the correct color (except the gem in his helmet, which should be more of a blue than green).  Lines on his abdomen and back are molded in, and there are even little touches like how the little saber pommels can be removed from the holsters on his legs.  He comes with two faces, a stoic one and a yelling one, and that's about all the expressions Zero has in the games, so that's fair.  He's got four pairs of hands; left and right fists, open hands, holding stuff hands, and holding stuff hands with trigger fingers, which again seems perfectly adequate.  He has his Buster Shot, Z-Saber, Triple Rod, and Shield Boomerang.  The Z-Saber's blade can be removed; I didn't check if the blade can be removed from the Triple Rod.  The Shield boomerang is molded onto an additional cuff part.  And... that's about it.  I suppose it's greedy to want a hand with the Zero Knuckle, or to want the Chain Rod and Recoil Rod and a second Z-Saber, as the included weapons do cover the first game (the art of him dual-wielding Z-Sabers was from Mega Man Zero 2).  That said, a Z-Saber blade with a slashing effect would have been really nice.

All-in-all, I'd say I like him.  He's probably the best representation of this version of Zero in toy form, and if you're a fan of the series like I am he's well worth the $25 I spent.  That said, I see a lot of other Figuarts toys are closer to the $35-$45 range, and that price would be pushing it for this guy.  The little annoyances like his back-heavy nature and overall small size and light weight don't really make me want to buy more Figuarts toys at that price.  And with most of the other SH Figuarts/D-Arts Megaman figures in the $65-$165 price range it's safe to say I won't be picking up classic Mega Man or Bass, or the Mega Man X versions of X and Zero.

You should take a look at the Truforce Megaman X. It was produced by Sentinel and is probably the best action figure in my collection.

You can get him at BBTS for $65 right now which is a mighty fine deal. He‘s heavy too. :p

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/18158

Edited by Scyla