The problem is she won't be in scale with the rest of my Figuarts.

And she's a Mafex, so she's almost guaranteed to be floppy mess, and a disappointment overall :).

Chewie's too small.

Considering picking up Mafex Rey since figuarts obviously isn't getting around to releasing her.

I'm positive they will eventually, they still have to release all the stuff they've shown off already, and get out the Rogue One stuff.

And she's a Mafex, so she's almost guaranteed to be floppy mess, and a disappointment overall :).

I'm positive they will eventually, they still have to release all the stuff they've shown off already, and get out the Rogue One stuff.

My Mafex Vader ain't so bad and since I think Figuarts Vader is a touch too small I think he scale nicely with the rest of Figuarts SW. Also Mafex Rey face is better then the BS Rey.

RANT: Ya.....they could've released the main heroes when TFA was out, riding the wave of popularity. Nope they focused on the prequels, the OT, the TFA bad guys but not the heroes which is super strange. Rogue One is coming out now and they announce the imperial figures but yet again no hero figures. Is it because the main heroes are females and they hate female heroes? Am I looking for a conspiracy where there isn't one? Look how long it took for them to release a Black Widow figure and she's been around since Iron Man 2. It's like the freaking too many heroes not enough villains except in reverse!

My Mafex Vader ain't so bad and since I think Figuarts Vader is a touch too small I think he scale nicely with the rest of Figuarts SW. Also Mafex Rey face is better then the BS Rey.

RANT: Ya.....they could've released the main heroes when TFA was out, riding the wave of popularity. Nope they focused on the prequels, the OT, the TFA bad guys but not the heroes which is super strange. Rogue One is coming out now and they announce the imperial figures but yet again no hero figures. Is it because the main heroes are females and they hate female heroes? Am I looking for a conspiracy where there isn't one? Look how long it took for them to release a Black Widow figure and she's been around since Iron Man 2. It's like the freaking too many heroes not enough villains except in reverse!

I just recently got burned on BvS Superman and Batman by Mafex, and plenty of other Mafex figures before them, so I've officially written them off. Their stuff tends to look really good, but their QC, build quality, and material quality is well below Bandai's quality in my opinion.

I'd guess we never got Rey or other non masked guys up front because they still wanted to keep as many secrets as possible about the movie itself, Hasbro did the same. At this point though, there's little excuse, Force Awakens is old news, we should have at least announcements for Figuarts Rey, Poe, and Finn. Hell they're just now getting to an unmasked Kylo. I can understand not being able to do certain characters right away, like I said you gotta keep them secrets until the film itself releases, but you also can't put out a first release figure because people won't want to double dip on the second release to get the extra little goodies they missed on the first release, once again see unmasked Kylo. I just feel they should have been quicker and more on point announcing certain characters after Force Awakens was old news. So I don't think there's any conspiracy theories, Rey was awesome and her stuff sells, I'm sure they want to put more of her stuff out, but once again, I don't think I'd be in for/happy with Figuarts Rey V2 that comes with the lightsaber and other goodies the first couldn't have come with without spoiling massive sections of the film itself.

I just recently got burned on BvS Superman and Batman by Mafex, and plenty of other Mafex figures before them, so I've officially written them off. Their stuff tends to look really good, but their QC, build quality, and material quality is well below Bandai's quality in my opinion.

I'd guess we never got Rey or other non masked guys up front because they still wanted to keep as many secrets as possible about the movie itself, Hasbro did the same. At this point though, there's little excuse, Force Awakens is old news, we should have at least announcements for Figuarts Rey, Poe, and Finn. Hell they're just now getting to an unmasked Kylo. I can understand not being able to do certain characters right away, like I said you gotta keep them secrets until the film itself releases, but you also can't put out a first release figure because people won't want to double dip on the second release to get the extra little goodies they missed on the first release, once again see unmasked Kylo. I just feel they should have been quicker and more on point announcing certain characters after Force Awakens was old news. So I don't think there's any conspiracy theories, Rey was awesome and her stuff sells, I'm sure they want to put more of her stuff out, but once again, I don't think I'd be in for/happy with Figuarts Rey V2 that comes with the lightsaber and other goodies the first couldn't have come with without spoiling massive sections of the film itself.

If you want some 6" BvS figures have you looked at the Mezco One:12 line? They look pretty good.

Other than leaving out a maskless Kylo Hasbro dropped Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo on Force Friday LONG before the crappy movie ever came out. The only thing that was missing was Rey with her lightsaber that came later. Otherwise they popped the heroes out quick and the Stormtroopers, etc came later. Besides other than Rey the rest of the heros look absolutely unremarkable in TFA and aren't interesting as figures at all.

Edited by Mommar

Heads up please if you guys stumbled on a reopening PO for Figuarts Tony Stark. ;)

I could use one too.

Now for the mini-review. Black Widow... Is a terrible figure. Poor shoulder design means she can't hold her arms straight forward. She can't point two guns out straight in front of her. She has a single jointed elbow that works okay. Her single jointed knee design is puzzling, odd and terrible looking and could have been done better with a double hinge hidden behind her knee pad. And her ankles are a full rotating ball joint, which should be good, but her funky heels make posing her with the rocket a bitch. Worst Marvel Figuarts by a wide mile. Her face-sculpt is bang-on Scarlette Johanssen though.

Edited by Mommar

I could use one too.

Now for the mini-review. Black Widow... Is a terrible figure. Poor shoulder design means she can't hold her arms straight forward. She can't point two guns out straight in front of her. She has a single jointed elbow that works okay. Her single jointed knee design is puzzling, odd and terrible looking and could have been done better with a double hinge hidden behind her knee pad. And her ankles are a full rotating ball joint, which should be good, but her funky heels make posing her with the rocket a bitch. Worst Marvel Figuarts by a wide mile. Her face-sculpt is bang-on Scarlette Johanssen though.

You must not own a Figuarts Ultron :). Yeah I saw a picture of the backs of her knees and was disgusted, they look like those idiotic Play Arts peanut knees. I'm still excited to get her, she's on the way now, and I need her for completion sake. I could never even consider Marvel Legends or Select, I've literally never seen a single figure from either line that looked shelf worthy or even okay, so it's all Marvel Figuarts for me.

You must not own a Figuarts Ultron :). Yeah I saw a picture of the backs of her knees and was disgusted, they look like those idiotic Play Arts peanut knees. I'm still excited to get her, she's on the way now, and I need her for completion sake. I could never even consider Marvel Legends or Select, I've literally never seen a single figure from either line that looked shelf worthy or even okay, so it's all Marvel Figuarts for me.

I skipped it for the Revoltech one, which has it's own problems. I will say, this bitch looks just like Scarlette Johanssen with a shrunken chest. Very hard to stand her up on the weird shoes she wears.

I was just surprised that none of those items are on order stop yet.

At HLJ they actually stopped around 9:30 am Mountain Time. I had to buy all of the Rogue One stuff at CDJapan instead. Han was still available at HLJ though... which seems utterly weird to me given Farm Boy Luke was sold out immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't expect too many responses after midnight.

Hahaha! True that. Only Valk buyers post non-stop after midnight. ;)

Anyways, Nippon-Yasan already posted Figuarts Iron Man Mk6 and Hall of Armors for preorders. Just a reminder Pay Later is not available on these products.

Figuarts Iron Man Mark 6 - Y6920

19194-101123-thickbox.jpg

19194-101125-thickbox.jpg

19194-101126-thickbox.jpg

Figuarts Hall of Armor - Y5280

19195-101133-thickbox.jpg

19195-101136-thickbox.jpg

19195-101137-thickbox.jpg

Photos from courtesy of Nippon-Yasan.

My mind wants some, but my wallet says no... for now... :cray:

Edited by no3Ljm

Here's a comparison from the first Figuarts Iron Man Mark 6 and the upcoming one. Seeing the new sculpt design, how I wish they will redo the first War Machine. And eventually release Mark 1. I'll rather complete the armors in Figuarts form than Hot Toys. ;)

First Mark 6

4598-19630-thickbox.jpg

4598-19633-thickbox.jpg

4598-19632-thickbox.jpg

New Mark 6

19194-101123-thickbox.jpg

19194-101124-thickbox.jpg

19194-101126-thickbox.jpg

Photos courtesy of Nippon-Yasan.

Edited by no3Ljm

The Hall of armor boxes are interesting... what's more interesting is the fact there are little MI's through III's and a V that were never produced pictured here. Are they going to go hog-wild with the rest of the Iron Man suits? At least the prominently featured ones?

Also, is there a difference between the MKVI's there??? And where's a War Machine MkI re-release? That's the one I really want.

Edited by Mommar

I hope so. That would be nice. To release the rest of the armors. But I couldn't afford to get each figure a Hall of Armor to display them. :unsure:

Why do that? They're more fun to pose anyway.

Also, I got it wrong. They haven't made MKI, II, IV or V. Did they do a VII for the first Avengers Movie? They did right? III is currently on pre-order. Not sure if I should care about this new VI but apparently the crotch and torso are slightly more accurate?

Edited by Mommar

Why do that? They're more fun to pose anyway.

Also, I got it wrong. They haven't made MKI, II, IV or V. Did they do a VII for the first Avengers Movie? They did right? III is currently on pre-order. Not sure if I should care about this new VI but apparently the crotch and torso are slightly more accurate?

I know they're fun to pose but it's nice also to have somehow those Hall of Armors since it lights up as well. You know just in case they're tired of doing poses. ^_^

And to be honest, I didn't keep track on the released Iron Man figures on Figuarts. I basically started buying them from Mark 43. And going back to Mark 42 reissue since I'm planning on getting Tony Stark. And this is the first time I'm going to get a Mark 6. But from what I see from the promo pics it looks like it has a proper crotch and proportion-wise somehow it looks correct than the old one.

I wish my first edition Mk 6 looked as good as the one in the photos! I may only pick up one or two of the Hall of Armors due to price. Are they and the new Mk 6 an exclusive or will they be available from places like HLJ too? Bandai only released the Mk 6, 42, 43, 45 and 46 I picked up a Figma Mk 7 as a stand in.