Wreck It Ralph

Keith

55 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'm getting flashes to that excrementatious Emoji movie, but that extended gag at the end... that did make me giggle.

Did you not see the first film? It's not even remotely close to the Emoji movie, the first film was actually incredibly touching and well done.

I'm excited, I LOVED the first film to death, watched it over and over myself! The only question I have is, where is Fix-it-Felix?

9 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I like the first movie too, I just saw the big ol "EBAY" logo and started thinking of the Instagram world and the Dance world and whatever the Stream was and... Just blegh.

Ah I see, makes sense, you never know. I have confidence this movie will handle all the internet stuff much better, and it will probably be a whole lot funnier too.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Anyway, anyone notice that the kid in the car looks familiar? The comments were saying kid Moana, but my first thought was the girl who adopts the toys from Toy Story 3.

Otherwise known as, we have a 3d model for this kid already, make a couple of changes and voila!

Movie looks like fun.  The original WIR surprised me with its awesomeness so I'm hoping this one lives up to it.

Edited by Dynaman

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from watching the film with the family.

Was really worried that they showed all the good jokes in the trailers, but that's definitely not the case.

Lots of meta-jokes for the grown ups in the audience,

. . . . and you'll never look at Zangief the same way ever again. :lol:

Lastly, am I the only dad that got kicked in the feels and wanted to say to their daughter:

Spoiler

"Okay, [Moggy's Daughter];  you can go to Slaughter Race! :cray:"

P.S.--Stay to the very end for Frozen 2!!!!!!

The ending "fight" scenes may be a little intense for the kiddo.

But the last scene after the credits is definitely for the grown-ups (more so than for the kids).

Edited by Mog

16 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Shipping the bleep out of Vanellope and Shank.

...or maybe I'm just projecting, because damn Gal Gadot looks great be it real life or CGI.

It always seems lazy/uninspired to me, whenever a character "looks like their famous voice actor".  It seems to be even more common in video games than movies, but either way I always think "they could have done something more unique/interesting, being free from the limitations of live footage".  

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

It always seems lazy/uninspired to me, whenever a character "looks like their famous voice actor".  It seems to be even more common in video games than movies, but either way I always think "they could have done something more unique/interesting, being free from the limitations of live footage".  

I didn't say the CGI character Shank looks like Gal Gadot. I said Shank is a damn gorgeous character design.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Saw it with my 4 year old daughter and she wanted to leave half way through :huh: I think it's because the theme was more for older kids but I also think it was better than the first movie and I made sure we stayed till the end credits started :D

My 5-year old nephew couldn't sit still, either. I chalk it up to them being kids with short attention spans. :)

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Saw it with my 4 year old daughter and she wanted to leave half way through :huh: I think it's because the theme was more for older kids but I also think it was better than the first movie and I made sure we stayed till the end credits started :D

Yeah my 1 1/2 year old will watch other Disney movies but had no interest when I was rewatching the first one.

• 6 months later...