CF18

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed.....but just using what is available....unless you can point me to better 1/12 scale Misa and Hikaru figures to recreate my shot???

:good:

I'm not criticizing your shot, but KC's figures instead. I know that it's what's available, and that's the worst part. I was really excited when I saw they were going to release these figures in their SDFM uniforms, until I saw their faces.

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm not criticizing your shot, but KC's figures instead. I know that it's what's available, and that's the worst part. I was really excited when I saw they were going to release these figures in their SDFM uniforms, until I saw their faces.

No worries and no offense taken....I am sure you meant nothing by it...:good:

Sadly, your comment was "expropriated" for the purpose of trolling...which you may not have been aware of...

I agree the faces are not the best, but I am mostly satisfied with them......I think Misa is probably the worst of them so far

Edited by jvmacross

On 2/14/2021 at 6:49 PM, jvmacross said:

I hope the SDFM figure line is selling well for KC....would be disappointed if the non-Macross figures they have planned ruin the chances for more Macross characters....

Once Roy and Max get released, I would take a Kakizaki, Milia, and Zentradi Soldier if they get released.  I'd definitely troop build the Zentradi Soldier.

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Damn shame Bandai won't give us a decent SHF version or allow Max Factory to produce a figma.

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That's why I stuck to the CM's figures. Sure, they don't pose, but if I'm going to creatively put them in a shelf or on display, they don't need to move. 

I do though, think differently about Zentraedi figures

20210217_180503.thumb.jpg.68081d52adb4772113237ec5cb7dca3f.jpg

20210217_180452.thumb.jpg.8ff5f84d34509ea8bd1f7c9e955742f5.jpg

@Jasonc

I know the CM's figures look better overall, but they did the main cast mostly in DYRL outfits, and I prefer thir SDFM looks.

Your Zentraedi soldiers look amazing. Where did you get them?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Damn shame Bandai won't give us a decent SHF version or allow Max Factory to produce a figma.

True

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

figma > SHF. 

:touche:

Honestly, I thought GSC has the figures-license since they did the Nendoroid Petites already and then their Plamax line.

Just gonna have to wish/wait for the figma and/or the regular nendo...

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

@Jasonc

I know the CM's figures look better overall, but they did the main cast mostly in DYRL outfits, and I prefer thir SDFM looks.

Your Zentraedi soldiers look amazing. Where did you get them?

True

In the first picture, the Zentran figure on the far left is by DarrinG. The Meltran figure is a custom I did using a kit bash of a Milia 639 figure and parts of a Wave Moveable Body to make a Meltran action figure. I think I used a Gundam figure's head for the face, and just painted the cap to match the dark red. The figures on the right that I made are Trex Zentraedi kits that I put together in the 3 more popular colors.

17 hours ago, Jasonc said:

That's why I stuck to the CM's figures. Sure, they don't pose, but if I'm going to creatively put them in a shelf or on display, they don't need to move. 

I really like the clean look of your T-Rex Zentran figs....they look "store bought"...

I also bought a set of DarrinG's Z-Pilots and the M-Pilot....very nice customs....

M_Pilot_Label_sm.jpg

RegultPilot_Z_Label_sm.jpg

GlaugPilot_Z_Label_sm.jpg

I think DarrinG "retired" from Macross collecting years ago....but glad he made these figures available....it's a shame we still have not received any mass-produced enemy soldiers after all these years.....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I really like the clean look of your T-Rex Zentran figs....they look "store bought"...

I also bought a set of DarrinG's Z-Pilots and the M-Pilot....very nice customs....

M_Pilot_Label_sm.jpg

RegultPilot_Z_Label_sm.jpg

GlaugPilot_Z_Label_sm.jpg

I think DarrinG "retired" from Macross collecting years ago....but glad he made these figures available....it's a shame we still have not received any mass-produced enemy soldiers after all these years.....

Yeah, I wish more were made. I still have a few of the Trex kits just lying around.

3 hours ago, Jasonc said:

In the first picture, the Zentran figure on the far left is by DarrinG. The Meltran figure is a custom I did using a kit bash of a Milia 639 figure and parts of a Wave Moveable Body to make a Meltran action figure. I think I used a Gundam figure's head for the face, and just painted the cap to match the dark red. The figures on the right that I made are Trex Zentraedi kits that I put together in the 3 more popular colors.

Thanks. You did an awesome job building and painting them.

I bought a Zentraedi soldier some time ago from Plastic Cretins. Too bad they aren't active anymore.

IMG_20210218_181656.thumb.jpg.a15c8ac0b67a076d0c8be6dd21704b04.jpg

16 hours ago, Slave IV said:

New Minmei figure

6F98E7AC-FFF1-4335-8959-C5DC0BA5098E.thumb.jpeg.302afd161bcf98110d7441bf88e65208.jpeg

Is that just the lighting or something, or does the fabric on that dress, particularly the top, look rough and unfinished?  Are they trying to go for a rumpled fabric look or something?

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

Is that just the lighting or something, or does the fabric on that dress, particularly the top, look rough and unfinished?  Are they trying to go for a rumpled fabric look or something?

They molded in the rumpled fabric look. That obviously isn't a great picture but it looks good in person. 

On 2/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, Slave IV said:

New Minmei figure

6F98E7AC-FFF1-4335-8959-C5DC0BA5098E.thumb.jpeg.302afd161bcf98110d7441bf88e65208.jpeg

Old Minmei figure with new hair

B3A26C7A-5C19-42FD-BFCB-4CC1084C04B7.thumb.jpeg.f2616fd3730bdcf7bd99b68721a04d4a.jpeg

I have a quick question regarding this figure. I kind of got late preordering it. And thinking of getting one soon. Does the extra hair came separately like it's not being molded to the plastic container since it's labeled a preorder bonus. If not, then it's safely to assume that buying it now it will still come with the added hair?

The extra hair piece for Minmei comes in a small tray that is placed in between the main figure tray and the stand tray.  There is also a sticker on the box that says limited edition.  Those things can easily be left out for a regular release in the future without the extra hair piece.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have a quick question regarding this figure. I kind of got late preordering it. And thinking of getting one soon. Does the extra hair came separately like it's not being molded to the plastic container since it's labeled a preorder bonus. If not, then it's safely to assume that buying it now it will still come with the added hair?

Yep, what @sh9000 said. Also worth noting that the new hair is only compatible with the new faces. So you need to use the faces that come with the new figure on the old figure to use it. 

4 hours ago, fifbeat said:

Okay, this is a total random observation. One of you may have the answer. 

But how come MEP Toy's Robotech Breetai figure is nowhere to be found on ebay? I find that odd. 

I recall that the initial order of toys was "damaged" and were not shipped.....not sure how that may have affected the subsequent release....in either case, it was a "boutique" type toy and company, so probably the quantity produced was close to what had been pre-ordered...not leaving much available for the secondary market....there are several online shops that have them on PO, in case you needed one....or maybe someone on here could sell you their "extra"?  The figure is not that articulated, but looks pretty good "standing" next to an HMR-scaled Macross VF-1 or destroid....

large.20200106_152938.jpg.3d0698bc149478

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I recall that the initial order of toys was "damaged" and were not shipped.....not sure how that may have affected the subsequent release....in either case, it was a "boutique" type toy and company, so probably the quantity produced was close to what had been pre-ordered...not leaving much available for the secondary market....there are several online shops that have them on PO, in case you needed one....or maybe someone on here could sell you their "extra"?  The figure is not that articulated, but looks pretty good "standing" next to an HMR-scaled Macross VF-1 or destroid....

large.20200106_152938.jpg.3d0698bc149478

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!

On 2/18/2021 at 4:09 AM, Jasonc said:

Niiice. I especially like the lilac and purple T-Rex Zentraedi.