CF18

I'm not a big fan of their stands.  Lisa/Misa fell off her stand in the display case.   She's not broken but I can't find her laptop.  Now I have to option to either wait and magically find it 6 months from now or remove every item out of the case and search for it today.

Help!

I was taking pictures of Misa/Lisa and was removing her right saluting hand and the tiny wrist peg broke off in the hand.   I switched out hands on the peg about 4 times total since I got the figure.  First time using that hand. It didn't feel like it was giving me any trouble.  Is this even fixable?  

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Help!

I was taking pictures of Misa/Lisa and was removing her right saluting hand and the tiny wrist peg broke off in the hand.   I switched out hands on the peg about 4 times total since I got the figure.  First time using that hand. It didn't feel like it was giving me any trouble.  Is this even fixable?  

If you have a similar Revo like joint, maybe. I would just contact KC. Their customer service is superb. 

On 10/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, Roy Focker said:

Help!

On 10/18/2020 at 2:26 AM, Slave IV said:

If you have a similar Revo like joint, maybe. I would just contact KC. Their customer service is superb. 

The same thing just happened to me, the peg just broke off while I was trying to change hands.

Were kitzconcept customer service able to help you? I'm waiting to hear back from them myself.

Haven't contacted them yet.   Not sure what can be done.  Looking at seeing what kind of repair I can do.

For those that haven't broke your figure yet.   Pick out your favorite hands and stick with them for now until the end of time.   I no longer consider these action figures.   They are pre-assembled plastic models with limit articulation.

1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

This is not a joke but her other hand just broke off.

I literally just picked her up and started to gently move her unbroken wrist.  Barely moved it 1 cm when the whole wrist peg broke.

1 cm is a lot for a tiny 1/12 wrist. Sucks to hear though. I was going to open mine today but got caught up and probably won’t get to it. 

Oof. That’s terribly frustrating. I’ve been there too—sometimes it’s simply a bad joint; sometimes I accidentally move the joint beyond its range without thinking.

Hm. I wonder if any of KC figures are compatible with Figma joint spares? Goodsmile is selling different colored sets at the moment, for preorder on their US site even. As long as the color matches and you can clear the broken pieces from the socket, it could be another option.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. I still need to check joint compatibility myself. KC may also send spare joints if you write to customer support about your issue. 

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Nice! :good:

48 minutes ago, technoblue said:

+1

Personally, I wish Hikaru had less aggressive and more dreamy eyes for this particular shot, but otherwise it's spot on to the scene. Hikaru and Misa look great together scale-wise to my old eyes. Well done, @sh9000:good:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Customer Service helped fix my issue with some replacement parts.

The peg that fits in the forearm is much thicker than the peg that fits in the hand.  When fishing out the peg in the wrist ended up making forearm hole slightly larger.  I selected 2 hands to be the life-time hands.

I think I know what the problem is.  The hand holes might be too small.  Combined with fragile/small joint pegs.  When testing the new range of motion I noticed the hands were no longer rotating at the hand peg.  That hand hole/peg is too tight.  Rotation was now happening in the forearm hole that became larger when I was fishing out the broken peg. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, Roy Focker said:

Customer Service helped fix my issue with some replacement parts.

The peg that fits in the forearm is much thicker than the peg that fits in the hand.  When fishing out the peg in the wrist ended up making forearm hole slightly larger.  I selected 2 hands to be the life-time hands.

I think I know what the problem is.  The hand holes might be too small.  Combined with fragile/small joint pegs.  When testing the new range of motion I noticed the hands were no longer rotating at the hand peg.  That hand hole/peg is too tight.  Rotation was now happening in the forearm hole that became larger when I was fishing out the broken peg. 

This isn't such a massive problem for a non-combat figure like Misa, or even a pilot figure.

However they better not have these issues for Dana, or any Zentraedi soldier figs that we would want to put into fire team poses.

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh, but where would I put something with such a big footprint? :unknw:

That's also my main problem with Dynaction Eva Type-01. Not sure where to put it. That's why I didn't place an order. :cray:

But then atleast the Eva can bend like this somehow. :rolleyes:

47E303C3-0BCF-4B49-A3A9-3FA9FA05BB44.jpeg