CF18

I’m rolling my eyes so hard @Lolicon you might even be able to hear it.

I'm just saying it would be nice if girls in anime weren’t overwhelmingly objectified, and if characters presented as strong, independent women actually had merchandise available that reflected that. 

You want to take it to some political place, go right ahead. 

26 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I’m rolling my eyes so hard @Lolicon you might even be able to hear it.

I'm just saying it would be nice if girls in anime weren’t overwhelmingly objectified, and if characters presented as strong, independent women actually had merchandise available that reflected that. 

You want to take it to some political place, go right ahead. 

Spare me your moralizing and phony outrage is what I'm saying. /rolleyes

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It would be nice if the whole world worked a bit differently than it does. Just saying.

As for toys, get whatever you like is my take on it.

And that's why I respect you, despite our difference of opinion on things.

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Spare me your moralizing and phony outrage is what I'm saying. /rolleyes

And that's why I respect you, despite our difference of opinion on things.

Haha thanks! These are all just toys and we are all fellow Macross fans. I never see any need to get hostile or offended by anyone's opinions about them.

Oh please. Don’t go around spouting nonsense about respecting people who have a different opinion about things when you are literally dismissing my different opinion as “moralizing and phony outrage”. Hypocrite. 

i had no idea saying “it sure would be nice if there were figures that weren’t all underwear flashing existed” was going to push buttons like this. 

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha thanks! These are all just toys and we are all fellow Macross fans. I never see any need to get hostile or offended by anyone's opinions about them.

Not liking something is fine, but I take exception when people start moralizing about how wrong or offensive a 3D figure of a 2D drawing of a not-real person is, because by extension you are then accusing anyone who purchases such an item of objectifying women or whatever it is about the merchandise that's supposedly so damn offensive.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Not liking something is fine, but I take exception when people start moralizing about how wrong or offensive a 3D figure of a 2D drawing of a not-real person is, because by extension you are then accusing anyone who purchases such an item of objectifying women or whatever it is about the merchandise that's supposedly so damn offensive.

Yeah, I agree with you and I have a daughter as well.

Seems like there are options for people to get what works for them so I see all this as a non-issue but I get people like to argue or take things personally sometimes. We're human still.

Just now, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I agree with you and I have a daughter as well.

Seems like there are options for people to get what works for them so I see all this as a non-issue but I get people like to argue or take things personally sometimes. We're human still.

I don't have kids, but I do have a younger sister and numerous cousins and some nieces but I'm not worried about them being adversely affected by a few anime figures as I and others are perfectly capable of separating fiction and reality. But I guess some people can't. :unknw:

Honestly, Sheryl cheesecake figures always seemed perfectly in-character for her.

There's a huge number of "strong" female performers who take control of their own sexuality in a similar manner, going back to Marilyn Monroe (and probably before, but she's the earliest widely known one I'm aware of).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 hours ago, borgified said:

You meant "Gravure"or "bouduoir" take it @jeniusornome

Then how are you going to classify this version of Sheryl that @Lolicon is getting? :lol:   

FIGURE-055316_02.jpg

I preordered this one, and it seems like it's going to take forever until August comes when it is out.

49 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Oh please. Don’t go around spouting nonsense about respecting people who have a different opinion about things when you are literally dismissing my different opinion as “moralizing and phony outrage”. Hypocrite. 

i had no idea saying “it sure would be nice if there were figures that weren’t all underwear flashing existed” was going to push buttons like this. 

I think the button pressing is coming from you seeming to push your soapbox on people who don't need to be talked to in regards to what is wrong or right. What is your opinion is fine, but bringing it into a thread about Macross character figures is, IMO, not the place for it. That's the only thing I'll say about it because I don't care about it one bit. I like anime, I like the figures, and I don't judge or criticize anyone for where their opinion is on it, so long as they aren't judging others about it.

As with the others: Buy what you like, like what you buy.

Honestly though, I had discussed this topic during one of my jury duty sessions.  It was a kidnapping/rape case.  The topic itself is very fascinating to discuss when you have a broad demographic to discuss it with.  Women's opinion on the matter are extremely broad and interesting.  However, we all know that this topic will very quickly go far beyond the scope and intent of this forum.

Thus: best to move on! 

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

As with the others: Buy what you like, like what you buy.

Honestly though, I had discussed this topic during one of my jury duty sessions.  It was a kidnapping/rape case.  The topic itself is very fascinating to discuss when you have a broad demographic to discuss it with.  Women's opinion on the matter are extremely broad and interesting.  However, we all know that this topic will very quickly go far beyond the scope and intent of this forum.

Thus: best to move on! 

Agreed, now back to toys and figures.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't have kids, but I do have a younger sister and numerous cousins and some nieces but I'm not worried about them being adversely affected by a few anime figures as I and others are perfectly capable of separating fiction and reality. But I guess some people can't. :unknw:

Yeah, just gotta teach kids the values you believe in. Can’t hide the world from them.

Anyways, I’m sure people have better things to do like talk $h1t about shops they continue to shop at and make fun of people who think those shops are great. :p

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Anyone have the plamax 1/20 minmay?  Just ordered one. Hope it’s decent. The hikaru looks good too. 

@tekering has a few 1/20 Plaxmax kits and he posted them before. The waterslides (for the eyes) are a headache to put on. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:12 AM, jeniusornome said:

characters presented as strong, independent women

Like Klan. Millia and Lap Lamiz? They'd make great figures bring them on. :)

Much as I would prefer these as figures due to their military uniforms, I hope you are not echoing the contemptible modern sentiment that feminists are the ideal and that traditional, feminine woman are somehow weak and/or inferior.

@Podtastic How do you even get that out of anything that I said?

Here, let me just reiterate my UNPOPULAR opinion in as clear and concise a manner as possible:

it would be nice to have an option for figures that didn’t involve skimpy clothes and/or underwear flashing. 

no agenda, and no politics. If you see anything more than that in this statement, that’s all on you and whatever you’re bringing into the conversation. 

16 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@Podtastic How do you even get that out of anything that I said?

Here, let me just reiterate my UNPOPULAR opinion in as clear and concise a manner as possible:

it would be nice to have an option for figures that didn’t involve skimpy clothes and/or underwear flashing. 

no agenda, and no politics. If you see anything more than that in this statement, that’s all on you and whatever you’re bringing into the conversation. 

I think you’ve stirred up the incel nest lol

3 hours ago, skullmilitia said:

Was there ever a reason given why we didn't get much SHF figures from SDFM,DYRL, and MF?
It seems like it would have been an easy addition.

Most likely a lack of demand or market for them. OG fans are far out numbered by those of subsequent entries into the series in Japan and since manufacturers are legally not allowed to manufacture for or market to overseas markets thanks to they who shall not be named,  it makes sense that they’d double down on what’s more likely to sell domestically. 

There have been so many other figures of them over the last decade that I suspect the market reached capacity.  And many are abundant and cheap second hand these days. Maybe we’ll see something new for an anniversary year at some point. One can always hope :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I get so excited when I read the words "1:18 Hovertank," but then I remember their horrible, horrible prototype...  :vava:

ERgUDkcUEAAFrtx?format=jpg&name=medium

You'd be better off modifying a Matchbox toy!  <_<

And hell, the only Southern Cross figures to scale are Matchbox anyway... :(

Out of curiosity, I wonder why they thought it would be cool to have that in clear blue? It's not in a scale I care for, so I'm not interested in it despite, but I wonder if there was any thought process to clear blue other than just thinking it'd be cool?

30 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

Out of curiosity, I wonder why they thought it would be cool to have that in clear blue? It's not in a scale I care for, so I'm not interested in it despite, but I wonder if there was any thought process to clear blue other than just thinking it'd be cool?

:unknw:

miriya-sizing-chamber.png