CF18

large.20200106_152522.jpg.1264f713fadbfb

I love how the Japanese use bad english for names, especially in DBZ, but the Zentradi commanders seem to be mostly englishisms as well.  Like Britain (not sure about Kridanik), Exdoll Form (a hint that they were giant "dolls" perhaps?), Bulldozer, Moruk(?) Lapis Lazuli (that might be a stretch).  No idea about Quamzin tho other than possibly Kami Jin (person of spirit/god).  Any other examples I'm not thinking of?

66368100-0FCC-4E32-80E8-2FF51B2F764C.thumb.jpeg.8cad89e10f4d0481d0531f1d611f2550.jpeg

Got my 2 Breetais.  The plastic feels cheaper than a lot of other figures I have but it’s nice to finally have a decent looking figure that scales well with my HMR collection.

Edited by sh9000

14 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

How's his articulation?

Very limited.

https://www.figures.com/2020/01/07/review-meptoys-robotech-breetai-action-figure/?fbclid=IwAR2IM27MTH-z16N_5RuheQNHNQJIf4VUzsIiT1gekFnN6TzW7aKv-lApd8E

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

WOW

Thanks!

13 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Britai: Hey Hikaru now that I’m all oiled up can I remove your breastplate to make you more...let’s say comfortable.

Hikaru: Ewwww!

B))

21 hours ago, derex3592 said:

If anyone doesn't want their little ship they got with the Breetai, I will happily take it off your hands! I don't think mine will come with it since I ordered from BBTS right?

Let me know if you want the one I mentioned in the recent purchase thread.

1F8832BD-1944-45AB-A948-283455085A60.thumb.jpeg.df8b3d70cc8e9916815dbebe938a7a37.jpeg

I was going to refrain from comment since I know it is made by a fan, for fans and I respect that. The guy is a pure class act in that he had an issue with the original shipment, rejected the whole thing and had it redone and then offered to refund everyone partially for the delay. 

That being said, it is equivalent to a Happy Meal toy in terms of overall quality. It has universal shoulder joint, single elbow joint and ball joint wrists. The ball joint in the wrists started stretching when I tried to swap the hands out. Other than some hands, it comes with a HMR sized Hikaru figure on seat that I think is meant to work with the VF-1J in Battroid mode and a pipe weapon. Head is on a ball joint and legs have no articulation. People have commented on the shiny appearance of it. It’s not a great toy but I’ll say it doesn’t have to be because it looks the part and will go nicely in an HMR display.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

1F8832BD-1944-45AB-A948-283455085A60.thumb.jpeg.df8b3d70cc8e9916815dbebe938a7a37.jpeg

I was going to refrain from comment since I know it is made by a fan, for fans and I respect that. The guy is a pure class act in that he had an issue with the original shipment, rejected the whole thing and had it redone and then offered to refund everyone partially for the delay. 

That being said, it is equivalent to a Happy Meal toy in terms of overall quality. It has universal shoulder joint, single elbow joint and ball joint wrists. The ball joint in the wrists started stretching when I tried to swap the hands out. Other than some hands, it comes with a HMR sized Hikaru figure on seat that I think is meant to work with the VF-1J in Battroid mode and a pipe weapon. Head is on a ball joint and legs have no articulation. People have commented on the shiny appearance of it. It’s not a great toy but I’ll say it doesn’t have to be because it looks the part and will go nicely in an HMR display.

Thanks for the mini-review! I was curious how this baby would turn out.

Giving an honest critique of a product isn't being disrespectful towards the creator. I would say not giving an honest appraisal would be disrespectful to the folks who might be interested in it.

That said, I'll keep holding out hope for a Figuarts version...

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks for the mini-review! I was curious how this baby would turn out.

Giving an honest critique of a product isn't being disrespectful towards the creator. I would say not giving an honest appraisal would be disrespectful to the folks who might be interested in it.

That said, I'll keep holding out hope for a Figuarts version...

No problem and I would add that it's nice to have since it is not exactly a character that I need to have incredible articulation or quality. The sculpt is very nice. I'm not one to settle but this is a case where for the price and what it means to my collection overall (a mere supplement, almost accessory to my mecha), it'll do. If SHF finally makes theirs for consumption, I'll consume just because.

17 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very clean storage. Or is this your display?

Either way it looks great.

It's just a closet with those shelves built in (white door closes it all in) lol But thanks. This will have to do until I get a display case I really want.

Looks like BBTS is carrying forward the price reduction on Breetai.  Pretty happy about that.  I wasn't sure if they would, but I was hoping.  Of course they do the old cheaper shipping but slightly higher price on the item ploy, but that's BBTS for you.  But, were only talking a few bucks.  No big deal.

Edited by sharky

44 minutes ago, sharky said:

Looks like BBTS is carrying forward the price reduction on Breetai.  Pretty happy about that.  I wasn't sure if they would, but I was hoping.  Of course they do the old cheaper shipping but slightly higher price on the item ploy, but that's BBTS for you.  But, were only talking a few bucks.  No big deal.

I hope that means it will ship soon.