CF18

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

just what everyone was asking for? :wacko:

Even though they're not for me, I can understand various super deformed chibi versions of stuff like joke machines and nendoroids.

I can see the appeal to a certain kind of collector of something like the Reaction figures.  I can maybe even see the interest in the Toynami action figures or even straight re-releases of the old Matchbox figures.

I can not see who would be interested in these vinyl figures.  If someone is, then explain it to me.

They don't look like the source characters.  They don't evoke the source characters.  They look like they're sourced from the kind of art you might see in a bootleg NES on a chip Wii rip off system.

59 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Even though they're not for me, I can understand various super deformed chibi versions of stuff like joke machines and nendoroids.

I can see the appeal to a certain kind of collector of something like the Reaction figures.  I can maybe even see the interest in the Toynami action figures or even straight re-releases of the old Matchbox figures.

I can not see who would be interested in these vinyl figures.  If someone is, then explain it to me.

They don't look like the source characters.  They don't evoke the source characters.  They look like they're sourced from the kind of art you might see in a bootleg NES on a chip Wii rip off system.

Think of it like it's their version of Funko Pop. No need to look like actually the source material but rather have its own signature 'Robotech' look such as the uniform, the helmet, the clothes. ;) 

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

They kind of look like mini versions of those ugly Prime 1 Studio VF-1 statues....:nea:

tumblr_p1923tLUFL1wn8c78o7_1280.jpg

SiteBanner_4047893e-9953-4b72-80b4-09a6d

Don't get me wrong...I love Masami's Macross illustrations more than most...but I really don't need any of them brought to life as 3D sculptures...:unknw:

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

They kind of look like mini versions of those ugly Prime 1 Studio VF-1 statues....:nea:

tumblr_p1923tLUFL1wn8c78o7_1280.jpg

SiteBanner_4047893e-9953-4b72-80b4-09a6d

Don't get me wrong...I love Masami's Macross illustrations more than most...but I really don't need any of them brought to life as 3D sculptures...:unknw:

No worries, JVM. We understand you. Besides, they're aiming for Robotech fans. Not MACROSS fans. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

No worries, JVM. We understand you. Besides, they're aiming for Robotech fans. Not MACROSS fans. :rolleyes:

I really don't care if the box says Robotech or Macross...as long the the product looks decent, I'll bite...besides, why stick the "Macross" logo into the ad if they weren't trying to snag Macross fans too! ;)

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Are those replacements for the tiny models that came with the crowd funding game?

They could be left overs from the "second wave" that never came for that game, but they look more detailed than the minis the game comes with.  I would assume they are just a separate figures made for whatever reason. "For table top games," even though there is no currently active Robotech or Macross table top game, that I'm aware of.  I guess you can just use them for any old table top wargaming.

They look decent, all things considered.

Edited by HardlyNever

I think the gaming miniatures look nice.  Of course, they're only renders, and even Robotech RPG Tactics looked fantastic in renders.

It's kind of mystifying what they're for.  I haven't heard any rumblings of some other company supporting the abandoned/scam Palladium game.  I guess the Savage Worlds RPG supports a level of miniatures wargaming play, and there's a Robotech game coming which uses the Savage Worlds system.  Maybe they're intended for that.

Then again, the RRT pack which had the Tomahawk in it proved there is a substantial market for gaming miniatures of the Battletech Unseen.  I know there are people who very literally bought the Robotech RPG Tactics base set solely for miniatures of the Battletech Rifleman, Warhammer, and Stinger/Wasp family of mecha.

26 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Is it just me, or the nose cone on that sculpture is all kinds of wrong. It looks like my blind dog made it. [no, I don't have a blind dog]

That extra two panel lines is throwing us off. Do also note that Guardian has it but Battloid doesn't.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, no3Ljm said:

That extra two panel lines is throwing us off. Do also note that Guardian has it but Battloid doesn't.

True, and the Battloid looks far better. Those extra panel lines in Gerwalk are not flatering, and the cockpit shape looks bloated. I wonder if you can change the wing position.

43 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

What are department store mannequins usually made of? 

Not sure what's the material used for store mannequins. But since we're talking about mannequins, this one is much cheaper than Ranka's 'statue' figure. For $370 shipped, the only thing you need is invest on some Sheryl 1/1 cosplay clothes and dress it up. And still have US$18000 extra. ;)

https://www.mannequinmadness.com/products/lisa-4-realistic-female-mannequin

Has anyone gotten their MEPToys Britai figure yet?  It was supposed to come out back in May but keeps getting pushed back.  Any word on that, or is it just because I went through BBTS?

Edited by Pontus

@Convectuoso is right...coincidentally I was wondering the same thing today and found this from their website:

Breetai Shipping update

As most of you know we received the figures into our US warehouse on July 19. Sadly, during shipping all the figures suffer damage. we decided not to ship any figures as we want to send you quality toys. We are working with the insurance agency to sort this damage and also we are trying to schedule a new production run. We apology for any inconvenience this caused and for the delays.

we will keep you all posted."

10 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Sadly, during shipping all the figures suffer damage. we decided not to ship any figures as we want to send you quality toys. We are working with the insurance agency to sort this damage and also we are trying to schedule a new production run.

So, the entire production run was scrapped, and a new production run has yet to be scheduled... which means it'll likely take another year before we see our figures.